toe to toe

theblowin's picture
theblowin started the topic in Saturday, 28 Jan 2012 at 1:45pm

The inlaws live in a beautiful part of the world. Whilst the surf can get world class at times it is mostly just fun, and uncrowded. Which is more than fine. In factsome locations are so uncrowded that it is like surfing in a different era. One spot i call 1972 due to the fact that it reminds me of a scene from morning of the earth. Crystal clear zippering walls with barely a soul out- generally one or two others. This coupled with the verdant tree lined headland and sand bottom makes it a pleasure to surf , as opposed as it is to the unforgiving desert and limestone/ coral reefs i'm used to.
But i had never visited during the holiday season...till now. This tranquil lineup had transformed to a seething mass of humanity. All manner of craft coating the formerly pristine line up. As this spot has somehow slipped the radar of the herd, the crew consisted mostly of dads and kids and the less than commited crew. And the line up worked. Somehow it was fun and egalitarian and everyone got a slice of the pie.
Whilst not exactly morning of the earth anymore the vibe was great. I surfed for six hours straight,like a grom. Ball rash from so many run arounds, nipples like i had taken a cheese grater to them. Even toked on a joint at around the three hour mark that a couple of crew were burning on the jump off rock. Life was good.
Then i noticed a new face in the lineup, with a couple of cronies in tow , talking in an exaggerated volume and jostling the take off spot. With a sweep running down the point and a jump rock granting access to pole position, Loud Mouth was berating anyone entering the lineup, loudly proclaiming how snakes jumping staight to the take off position would not be tolerated and how they would be dealt with. The accused being mainly mid teen lidders. The good feeling permeating the lineup rapidly evaporated , but who gives a fuck ? I was surfed out and ready for one to shore. Just make it a good one eh ? No hurry, the walk up the beach was gonna make my thighs bleed anyway.
So i waited in pole position, a few meagre sets passed before my wave came. I started
to paddle noticing Loud Mouth paddling furiously from his recent entry off the jump rock declaring possesion. Whatever fuckstick, i'm going. So i went. Loud Mouth went too, i faded and Loud Mouth and myself went over the falls as one.
He came up swearing blue murder.
"You dinged me board! on the beach cunt" he said. First time i'd ever heard it in real life. Still did not really give a fuck. Surfed with many tools over many surfs and knew a blow hard when i heard one. Caught the next whitewash, my session was corrupted and i was spent anyway.
Loud Mouth caught it too and a weird tension was between us as we exited the water, metres apart. I could plainly see the bitter contempt and rage on his face, but i could also see doubt as i had inadvertently called his bluff by coming in even though it was not for his benefit. We walked up the beach a few steps before he addressed me as the cunt that ruined his surf. I told him where he stood in my eyes
What happened next seemed to occur in the blink of an eye. He dropped his board on the sand and so, it seems, did i. I was expecting more front , instead Loud Mouth punched me fair in the face.
Let's get this straight. I'm no fighter. I have not been in a sober fight since primary school, and the pissed scuffles were just that, scuffles. But i do like to stay fit. And a favoured way of fitness for me is hitting a heavy punching bag, the height and range of which was exactly the same as this pricks face. I wore the punch and before even i knew what had happened my right fist shot out and connected with Loud Mouth's mouth.
It was only a jab but the cocksucker reeled,backed off and took stock. This was not part of his plan. I was as suprised as he was. I know i'm not a coward but i had never fronted another man face to face and this was new territory. I still wasn't angry, hours of surfing and exertion had mellowed me and given me a bit of distance from the pain and affront of being physicaly assaulted.
So we stood there for a period , wordless. Loud Mouth seemed hesitant, his bitterness satisfied after spreading his hate so obviously and his two dimensional bullying bravery vanishing after his chosen victim did not roll over pleading mercy.
For a further few seconds relative normality remained. Without agreement we both took a step back and picked up our surfboards. In retrospect i see this as a point of reflection for us both, the slandering continued, by now he had assumed the role of unapologetic local valouriously facing down the invasion of neophyte blow in invaders, i was still processing just what had happened, from mellow and happy to dragged into a whirlpool of bitterness and spite. For seemingly the first time since reaching the beach i realised what was happening. I looked around at the at the beach that i was so accustomed to being empty and saw the holiday crowds, the families formerly enjoying a festive summer day staring in open mouth shock at what was happening before their eyes.
That was when the madness set in. I looked at the blue sky and the white sand and realty, or unreality, set in. I started to blather, i could not tell you for certain what i was saying but it was lost mans dribble refering to the beautiful day and how this cunt had destroyed it with malicious intent. He started to walk along the beach cursing me over his shoulder, i think he saw in me something that i was not consciously aware of myself and his desire for confrontation was gone.
We walked in lock step along the beach as though to jump back off the point, myself slightly behind, fermenting, when we reached his friends. His bravado reappeared, turning to face me he addressed his friends, a half dozen guys and girls staked out against the wire guarding the dunes, he described my crimes as a blowin, an unwelcome abhorration, i saw the girls sneer as i raved about being from somewhere else, somewhere where people are judged on their merits in the surf. I recollect displeasure on their faces when they realised i wasn't from a city with inferior waves to theirs.
Then the red mist came over me
It was the assumed resentment of the women that really got me.
The smug superiority of some small minded no- one cunt moll that set me off. I turned to face Loud Mouth in front of his cunting piece of shit friends and with every ounce of will ,energy and misdirected anger from every point of my life i drove my fist into that cunt's putrid face and punched him to the sand.
I was standing over Loud Mouth's form bellowing that he was an imposter king presiding over a weak, gay wave, raising my fist for another blow when i realised my hand was broken . Then i heard a lady screaming and i was back in my head, concious of what i'd done , aware of where i was.
Loud Mouth was not cowering , but all fight had left the man. He was submissive but i was not gracious. Thank fuck i did not have a gun cause if i did i would have shot the cunt. The only thing that stopped me from kicking him till he twitched was some chick throwing herself over his prostrate form.
I looked up to see four hundred sets of eyes willing me in gaol. I walked towards the path that led to the carpark, unrepentent, as i approached my car a smiling mother said to her young son "look at that mans face honey! " , i stared at her and tried to fathom what type of person would be so insensitive to anothers situation.Then i told her to "shut the fuck up , mole," and walked to my car.
Looking in my cars rear view mirror i saw that Loud Mouth's initial punch had broken my nose. I straightened it suprisingly easily and drove one handed to the hospital where the nurses shook their heads with scepticism and unabashed disgust as i lied to their faces and told them i had broken my hand and nose in a wipeout.
I can't say i moved on and put this bullshit behind me so easily. The fact that i'm still talking about it now reveals the truth.
In fact i went into a fair spiral of hatred towards my fellow man and society in general following this little episode. I pretty much bailed on humanity till the holidays ended. Then i would cruise the short streets of 1972 with my fish killing baton at hand only half deluding myself that i was'nt looking for Loud Mouth, the man that pretty much single handedly robbed me of my love of the human race.
Of course i got over it. But it took me a whole lap of this awesome land to come to grips with the act of a single fuckwit. And that was a few years ago.
The lesson i've learnt ? Don't humour some clown that wants to bring you down to their bitter level or, as a wise fella has told me since- Never get into a mud slinging match with a pig cause you both end up covered in shit- only the pig likes it.

Hako o hakonde ni-biki no inu's picture
Hako o hakonde ... Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 3:02pm

Ive been following these forums for a while and have done much reading of the great uplift, the first 3 sentences of his posts anyway, after that it turns to gibberish.
Tread carefully here Southey, at first I thought grogon was off with the fairy's thinking the turkey was uplift, but I now realize he could be right, Uplift is using Valium to mask his identity.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 4:09pm

....dangerous assumption turkey!

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 4:25pm

Quote :
Ive been following these forums for a while and have done much reading of the great uplift, the first 3 sentences of his posts anyway, after that it turns to gibberish.
Tread carefully here Southey, at first I thought grogon was off with the fairy's thinking the turkey was uplift, but I now realize he could be right, Uplift is using Valium to mask his identity."

okay Shaun .

Turkey .

I spoke about how i had spent some time on multiple month long trips to and through the far west coast . i admitted that on my first trip as a youngin ( id' only been surfing for 3-4 years ) that i didn't take on Blacks . But had studied for a return . On return trips and after discovering other regions i still hadn't surfed it even though i was competant enough . There are varying factors of each time why not , but i won't turn this into a biblesque uppy post . i then got court up in a four way bitch fight over how blacks although heavy was not the holy grail , and infact didn't hold much size ..... this started uppy on a hell bent attempt to tell everyone and anyone how his spot which he ruled with iron quads and bolt strait legs whenever it was under 4ft . i did the right thing and not endulge others to greener pastures in solid surf . SO now i'm blessed with the chicken soufle title , of which i hear on the grape vine is one bestowed onto people who stick to the truth no matter how it hurt their cause ......
Lest just say that Uppy will never be invited to these award ceremonies as his sheer self belief in all conquering strength over flexibilty will not let him bend his mind to such strengths as humility .
see i'm bored already regaling you.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 4:21pm
blindboy wrote:

thats alright blindboy , i thought you were first Steve Cooney ( until you interviewed yourself ??) , then Phil Abrahams until he departed recently RIP . now i just think everyone including myself is BR and we are all entwined in a surf Matrix of sorts . Caml is Neo ........ ;-)

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 4:26pm

Hakō! I'm intrigued. What does your moniker mean? Is it Japanese? Got something to do with carrying a little dog's shit in a special box or something?

I concur somewhat with yourself about some of the excesses of Uplift's comments and their subsequent obsessive illegibility, Then again, some of 'em nailed his 'opponents' to the wall. Often walls of their own making. Still reeling too by the looks of it.

Maybe if he was still around, he'd start on me for something. Who knows. Depends what you put out there?

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 4:40pm

turkey , don't try and take kudos for knowing our japanese dog lovers former self . thats uppy territory .
the day i see turkey lift himself into a Tyler Durdin fight is the day i'll quit assuming others identities .

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 4:46pm

Huh??

turnip's picture
turnip's picture
turnip Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 5:31pm

uplifts got major self image problems. he uses putting down others to boost himself because he's feeling very inadequate.

most likely caused by some parental screwup such as not enough attention whilst potting training.

Hako o hakonde ... Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 5:52pm
talkingturkey wrote:

Hakō! I'm intrigued. What does your moniker mean? Is it Japanese? Got something to do with carrying a little dog's shit in a special box or something?

I concur somewhat with yourself about some of the excesses of Uplift's comments and their subsequent obsessive illegibility, Then again, some of 'em nailed his 'opponents' to the wall. Often walls of their own making. Still reeling too by the looks of it.

Maybe if he was still around, he'd start on me for something. Who knows. Depends what you put out there?

Nothing mysterious about my moniker but it did get messed up in translation.
Are you southey then T for turkey?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 6:16pm

southey wrote:
blindboy wrote:

thats alright blindboy , i thought you were first Steve Cooney ( until you interviewed yourself ??) , then Phil Abrahams until he departed recently RIP . now i just think everyone including myself is BR and we are all entwined in a surf Matrix of sorts . Caml is Neo ........ ;-)

BB is the shape shifter, I've had a few emails from people asking or even presuming (eh, Memla?) they know who he is.

Funny thing, this week I've been cataloguing old surf mags and filing them in my shed and I've been reading BB's old work and even admired a few of his old photos.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 6:26pm

I thought BB might have written for Surfing World 20-30 years ago? I really have no idea- he's an enigma and happy to leave it at that. I do enjoy his writing though and if i think he is who he is, I enjoyed the writing way back then as I do now.

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 6:28pm
stunet wrote:

southey wrote:
blindboy wrote:

BB is the shape shifter, I've had a few emails from people asking or even presuming (eh, Memla?) they know who he is.

Funny thing, this week I've been cataloguing old surf mags and filing them in my shed and I've been reading BB's old work and even admired a few of his old photos.

I don't know if you're throwing us clues or trying to send us off track now.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 6:30pm

lostdoggy wrote:
stunet wrote:

southey wrote:
blindboy wrote:

I don't know if you're throwing us clues or trying to send us off track now.

What I'm doing is drinking and typing and I should really stop.

The typing, that is.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 6:51pm

I thought for a while that BB was Terry Day.

Except Terry Day would have dropped Shaun Thompson like a sack of shit.

Ditto on the typing thing.

PS. Stu - just had a look at the Thiroul surf cam.

Drinking does appear to be a far better option on this Friday afternoon.

Get crazy.

PPS - Surf reports ......,Anyone get a surf in today ?

Fill me in if you please ...

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 6:51pm

Took me a while to figure out who BB is and my lips are sealed ....for a price........na im not telling.........well maybe na.......lets just say he tells a good story...........

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 6:56pm

Jeez, who's who in this zoo or what?? Who's BR? Am I Southey or Uplift? Or both? Blindboy?! Isn't his real name Robin (get it, get it?) or is his real last name Blanks? Hako is...? I dunno but Southey does....apparently. But then, I'm Southey...or Uplift...apparently. Grogan is a word for shit...& Wordy? Stunts! Stunts!

Anyway, we all know Blowie is SurferFuk. Phew! Thank fuk for that.

Now can the real Sheeeeeeeepdog please stand up? Or is it Tones 'Klaus' Barbie?

Come on down...............

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 7:00pm
southey wrote:

Quote :
Tread carefully here Southey, at first I thought grogon was off with the fairy's thinking the turkey was uplift, but I now realize he could be right, Uplift is using Valium to mask his identity."

okay Shaun .

Turkey .

I spoke about how i had spent some time on multiple month long trips to and through the far west coast . i admitted that on my first trip as a youngin ( id' only been surfing for 3-4 years ) that i didn't take on Blacks . But had studied for a return . On return trips and after discovering other regions i still hadn't surfed it even though i was competant enough . There are varying factors of each time why not , but i won't turn this into a biblesque uppy post . i then got court up in a four way bitch fight over how blacks although heavy was not the holy grail , and infact didn't hold much size ..... this started uppy on a hell bent attempt to tell everyone and anyone how his spot which he ruled with iron quads and bolt strait legs whenever it was under 4ft . i did the right thing and not endulge others to greener pastures in solid surf . SO now i'm blessed with the chicken soufle title , of which i hear on the grape vine is one bestowed onto people who stick to the truth no matter how it hurt their cause ......
Lest just say that Uppy will never be invited to these award ceremonies as his sheer self belief in all conquering strength over flexibilty will not let him bend his mind to such strengths as humility .
see i'm bored already regaling you.

So.........you've never surfed Blacks?

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 7:09pm

BR

It rots from the mouth.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 7:17pm

Blowin wrote:

I thought for a while that BB was Terry Day. Except Terry Day would have dropped Shaun Thompson like a sack of shit. Ditto on the typing thing. PS. Stu - just had a look at the Thiroul surf cam. Drinking does appear to be a far better option on this Friday afternoon. Get crazy. PPS - Surf reports ......,Anyone get a surf in today ? Fill me in if you please ...

No waves today but this time last week I surfed Seal Rocks Point pretty damn good. Great shape but pulling up a bit short, as Seals is won't to do, but that's cool cos I got my elongation on at Crescent earlier in the day.

Edit: When I first read Blowin's story above I thought '1972' was Seal Rocks: mellow wave, historical throwback, easy jump to the inside position, has it all except the "long walk up the beach".

Probably wouldn't wanna pick a blue with a Seals' local either....

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 7:41pm

Is Caml Neo? Who's Neo? Neo what? Who's Jeffreeeee Knight? I'm discombobulated. Beer o'clock.

Oh, and Shatnerd, you're BR, huh? Carry on.

Burp.

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 8:32pm

Fuckwits

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 10:07pm

Caml is Caml, he is who he is, a great surfer.

BB is BB, he is who he is, another great surfer also a great writer, pen pusher/thinker.

I know who BB is and he is cool as.......

Old school;)

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 10:09pm

But who cares really fellas and fellis'es, this has nothing at all to do with this great thread, eh

:)............

Carry on comrades......

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 10:29pm

Turklift , I suggest you remove your post . Before your banned again !

As for SA , there's still plenty of time . And the more saturation that Rich keeps giving it then I better do it soon or it'll be Packed to the point that I won't want to .
Back to BB , I don't want to out him , I was entrigued so many legendary stories of Hawaii /Indo but waits till just recently to do SA and WA for the first time ?!? Very wise , but with so much so close I don't get it ?

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 10:35pm

Isnt Blindboy Derek Hynd?

silentp's picture
silentp's picture
silentp Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 10:42pm

and shorris has reincarnated into talkinturkey.......? knew he couldnt help himself crafty fellow

clif's picture
clif's picture
clif Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 10:44pm

BB is Stunet who is Thermalben who is Derek Hynd who is Uplift who is Caml who is Blowin who is Craig who is Zenagain who is drunk.

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 10:46pm
mikehunt207 wrote:

Isnt Blindboy Derek Hynd?

The BB I know stays away from longboards ;)

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 10:51pm

And I don't drink.

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 10:59pm

what about fins?does he stay away from fins? never quite understood that one. Writes well, seem to remember naranbeen (not sure how to spell it) references and also who he knows not to mention being blind boy as one eyed , obvious no?

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 2:23am

Its not , although northern beaches is the area

Hako o hakonde ... Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 6:17am
clif wrote:

BB is Stunet who is Thermalben who is Derek Hynd who is Uplift who is Caml who is Blowin who is Craig who is Zenagain who is drunk.

I'll drink to that!

evosurfer's picture
evosurfer's picture
evosurfer Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 9:07am

Great story but I want to know more about Johnny Boy being punched out.
Sorry Blowin I find that rather hard to believe.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 8:47am

Apparently Jodie Cooper laid him out when he came to Albany one time.

He hasn't been back since.

Purplepills's picture
Purplepills's picture
Purplepills Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 1:12pm

Koby had a few words to JBG in the toilet block at haleiwa and JBG woke koby up on the couch. Koby 1 JBG 0.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 1:15pm

A mate I know from working offshore with, Sharky from SC laid him out in a bar in Bali.
A Few years back, which was follow on from getting hassled at the pipe.
That's what happens when your not in your country with fellow bros to back you up eh!
Karma is great.
Haha nice work Sharky;)

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 3:09pm

As I have said before there is no great secret to my identity and plenty of clues back there. The reason I don't want my name appearing has to do with my employment. Oh and happy to be confused with all the others mentioned.

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 5:52pm

Off topic . & for those who post while at work etc need pseudonyms

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 3:18pm
Purplepills wrote:

Koby had a few words to JBG in the toilet block at haleiwa and JBG woke koby up on the couch. Koby 1 JBG 0.

Not quite pp

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 3:30pm

I get it bb . You don't want your current employer " Murdoch " to realise that you are currently also working for Getup ?!?!
Back to topic though . Yeah since Uplift is not around then we can presume that it's : CS 1 uplift 0 .
Or some may argue that the Turkey is still being circled by the Chicken .
Come on Shaun , get off the bench and help me out here . Don't use the excuse that Morris is back in the wagon .......... again !
If I may indulge , why up until recently had you not head west ?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 3:52pm

Fuck I love surfing.

Anyone get any waves today ?

I just doubled down on yesterday's sick fun.

Oil slick glass, blue sky , crystal clear piss warm water, 3-5 feet of ruler edged walls with the odd sneaky cave to get a moments respite from the blazing sun.

Not uncrowded but plenty of waves for everyone.

Met a couple of cool crew, did some turns , some speed runs.

I'm giving it a solid 8 out of ten for old style good times .

Tomorrow looks similar on paper and the fingers are crossed but 3 in a row ? Can I be that lucky ?

PS. It ain't luck . I gave a leggie to a young Indo that snapped his a couple of days ago.

He thought I was being selfless .

Fat chance ..... Give me that good karma baby !

PPS. Seal rocks is beautiful Stu....one of those truly blessed stretches of Aussie coast.

But you're right, it ain't home to 1972.

You can't beat a bit of elongation.......

But thats not it either.

Closer though.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 4:59pm

Scored a few pre-sunrise peelers in front of Joe Hockey's holiday house at Stanwell Park. Wasn't the best session; high tide put the pork on the fork and I also got tangled up in a beach fisherman's line. 'Twas enough drama for me, I drove for home with the sun barely a hand width above the horizon.

Bit later I took all my boys up the Sublime Point track. Only a kay or so walk but it's 400+metres elevation (read: steep as fuck). The three-year-old twins were freaking, especially on the ladders near the top, but an orange juice up at the lookout calmed their little nerves. Marvellous view over the Illawarra from up there. No surf but.

This arvo I'm continuing a long task: cataloguing old surf magazines in the shed. It's a job that goes well with beer. Later this evening I've got an interview with Peruvian legend and the only bloke who's succesfully ridden a tsunami, Felipe Pomar. 

Not much surfing but I'll vouch for the sentiment: surfing is fucken good.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 5:44pm

Sounds like a hell day.

Ticking all the boxes that's for sure, most people wouldn't do all that in a month .

You ever surf North of Hockey's , South of the Burning Palms ?

PS. Are you the sirfing equivalent of John Cusack from High Fidelity ?

Arranging your magazines into chronological order then rearranging them in descending order of impact on your life ?

I'm more of a favourite editor to least favourite editor arranger myself.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 5:56pm

Yep, when the swell direction is right and my legs are up for it I'll surf north of Hockey's and south of Burning Palms. Glorious part of the world.

I saw a lot of myself in Cusack's character, at least when music meant something to me, which it doesn't really now. Surf magazines, however, are ordered like a German library. No fucking about. Each title stacked by volume in a Princeton file then arranged by date, earliest to latest.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 6:12pm

Surfing is sick. Anyway...

http://www.baliwaves.com/2016/03/wet-season-on-the-west-coast-4th-march-...

"Ok just before I get into it with ya’s and bring us all up to date, I’m guessing you’ve already taken a tour through our photo gallery that was shot by Ketut at Canggu beach yesterday the 4th. Well I was pretty shocked by the stupidity of what went down in the surf and on the beach when I was editing the photos. I mean seeing a bearded tourist wanting to beat up a young local Balinese surfer in Bali. That my friend is a death wish as you may know by know.. Right, fair enough this guy got dropped in on, but that is no reason to want to beat up someone. It’s clear as a bell in the two photo’s showing who the aggressor (temporarily) is before other witnessing Indonesians came to help our young Balinese friend. And I do tell you if it wasn’t for our friend Mr Ajik Barrack (Laskar Bali) from Warung Barrack on the beach at Canggu intervening when he did it could have turned very ugly for this tourist trying to beat on a young Balinese.

I don’t want to know what it’s like at your beach or in your country ok. But when you come to surf in Bali you swallow your aggression and laugh if a local drops in on you, have a joke with him or her and you might make a friend and score the next wave. If you want to bring your country’s style of aggro to Bali well your better off going to the Super Bank or better still staying at home in your country. This is Bali and you are a tourist here, be cool stay happy and smile, don’t be a zombie. Especially at Canggu cause there is already enough aggro in the water from non Indonesian tourists."

Whaddyareckon?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 6:52pm

Stu

I'm a fucking pest that will rock up at your place and totally ignore you if there is a surf mag laying around .

It's safe to say that you'd need to burn the place down around me to get me away from your Princeton files.

The next door neighbor of my in laws has a huge stack of old mags ( mostly featuring him ) that I can't drag myself away from when we're on the turps. His commentary can be enlightening, but he mostly ceases to exist as those pages turn.....

Talking Turkey-

The guy sounds like the stupidest person that ever took a breath. Fight one Indo and you are fighting the Indonesian nation.

That's one thing I love , respect .....and hate about the Indos.

Their country - like it , lump it or leave.

You been getting any waves Turkey ?

PS - Who the fuck would choose to surf at Chunggu ?

You'd be so very not stoked if that was where Slim from Bali Waves took you.

rule303's picture
rule303's picture
rule303 Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 8:07pm
theblowin wrote:

The lesson i've learnt ? Don't humour some clown that wants to bring you down to their bitter level or, as a wise fella has told me since- Never get into a mud slinging match with a pig cause you both end up covered in shit- only the pig likes it.

I agree with the above as soon as you allow interaction with scumbags, suddenly your in their fucked up world. Neighbors are a classic point. Any other quotes along the same vain about the futility of associating with the mentally Fucktarded would be appreciated.

TOE TO TOE GREAT BAND....

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 7:58pm

probably happens at the superbank on any given day theres swell

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 9:37pm
rule303 wrote:
theblowin wrote:

I agree with the above as soon as you allow interaction with scumbags, suddenly your in their fucked up world. Neighbors are a classic point. Any other quotes along the same vain about the futility of associating with the mentally Fucktarded would be appreciated.

TOE TO TOE GREAT BAND....

Love that track of there's ... " Tear it Down "
I think it accompanied some good surfing on a surf film , ........ Bombie . Mindsnare was also on that sound track , can't remember the Vid .?

evosurfer's picture
evosurfer's picture
evosurfer Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 10:06pm

Turkey fucktard or what ever your name is who gives a flying fuck what happened
in shit town Bali,its lost its appeal over crowded filthy dirty full wantabees and
worst of all indo surfers who have zero idea of who put them on the map.
Too bad stu I tossed out all my mags from the 70s and 80s had heaps too
would of gladly given them to you.