Invasion Of the NC of NSW

backbeach's picture
backbeach started the topic in Wednesday, 28 Dec 2011 at 7:44pm

Every year at Festivus i get inundated by kooks, self described legends, tools & the deluded, of various ages what happened to my local, you wonder why local kids vandalise your cars, you get in fights in the surf, & your told to get out of the water, but you fail to realise your indiscretions

Here is a guide
1)look before you paddle for a wave, thats right you should do that, straight ahead and left & right its not all about everyone else avoiding you.
2) If you mastered point one do not drop in, ITS NOT SYDNEY.
3)Do not drop in on anyone that has taken off deeper, simple, wait you turn

spongebob's picture
spongebob's picture
spongebob Thursday, 12 Jan 2012 at 12:10pm

I'm feeling "The love" blossoming here!
Two or so weeks & they will be gone,the rubbish cleaned up & we get it all to ourselves for a while.

roubydouby's picture
roubydouby's picture
roubydouby Friday, 13 Jan 2012 at 4:32am

There appears to be a fair bit of wanking going on in this thread.

backbeach's picture
backbeach's picture
backbeach Friday, 13 Jan 2012 at 11:26am

Yes sponge bob i agree,
roubydouby, lots of wanking i'm spludging on big wayne

bigwayne's picture
bigwayne's picture
bigwayne Friday, 13 Jan 2012 at 10:37pm

mr spongy , greetings for the new year ! may many a barrel greet you this year.
one does think their must have been a second coming of "touros" in the last couple of days 'cause ones local has been inundated with these unruly and crass human beings their overburdend wallets with them of course,and being the kind and humble HRH bigwayne (notice the no space prettygirl?) that one assuredly is, one came from upon high (as ones does) and decided to join the masses! well , contrary to rammed opinion , said masses were , in fact quite obliging of each other and their was fun and merryment had by all ,the one thing that did concern one was this one , a gentleman of ill repute and no sartorial elegance , was oblivious to the hints from the lineup and proceeded to think that what course he was taking was agreeable , all the while he was being passive agressive , suddenly became just plain idiotic in his attempts to dethrone the king of daytime television....... um the line up with quote and quips , but alas , he kept on keeping on and just added to said fun and merryment. can one hear ones line unspooling...?
this was bought to you by the still flummoxed as to why one needs to be quoted all the time...oh wait one knows why , after all one is HRH bigwayne (notice the nospace prettygirl)

backbeach's picture
backbeach's picture
backbeach Saturday, 14 Jan 2012 at 7:33am

Her royal highness needs to be quoted all the time as it is hilarious
like for example "as you finesse the turn , justkeep the board a bit flater by moving your front foot forward a little and turn the upper half of your body to where youwant to go and use the momentum from arm and waist to get through the turn.there is still alot of foam in a minimal and if it has alot of rocker that can add to the problem big mr dan. "

Hilarious, your completely wrong on rocker, do you surf her royal highness or just write stuff for the internet

backbeach's picture
backbeach's picture
backbeach Saturday, 14 Jan 2012 at 7:38am

Here is a bit of info Her Royal Highness from Surf Board Guide for Beginners http://www.endlesslope.com/surf_board_guide.htm

Rocker

Is the upturn at the nose and at the tail and flows along the bottom of the board.

The rocker can affect speed and turning. In general a flat or straight rocker will assist in the speed going down the wave in a line, whereas tighter turns in the pocket can be achieved through a board with greater rocker or more curve allowing for more pivotal turns.

In general the amount of tail rocker determines how a board will turn - the more curve, the easier the board will be to turn, but can cause more drag and therefore slows the board. But this is all relative as in the case of advance surfers who tend to turn in the steep areas of the wave where fast speed is all ready present and the important thing is to have enough tail rocker to allow for a quick turn.

The nose rocker is the amount of curve in the bottom of the board from the middle forward. Too little of a nose rocker increases the chance that the nose to dig into the wave and catch or pearl. Having more nose rocker can cause resistance and lift under the nose of your board. In the case of long boards, low nose rockers are generally easier to nose-ride because there is less resistance to plane on the water from a straighter curve. High nose rockers will cause too much resistance and bogging when attempting to nose ride. But a high nose rocker is better suited for hollow, snappy situations, and in high performance long board riding when nose riding is not much of a consideration.

spongebob's picture
spongebob's picture
spongebob Saturday, 14 Jan 2012 at 10:44am

Thanks BW & the same to you.
This LaNinia summer has kept the numbers down a bit again this year,cool,overcast gloomy crap most of the time.
Its mostly families down here so no problems apart from numbers.
Its the migratory bogan type that cause all the trouble,busting stuff up & leaving their shit all over the place. Their impact is way out of proportion to their numbers.
Bovine,about as self aware as a cow. You couldn't even beat sense into them. Like kicking a dog in the head for chewing its nuts.
I wonder if they see in color?

No the average touro's ok,half the shops in the village would be shuttered if they didn't pack the place out in summer.

As long as they go home after they've had their fun Im happy. Being the selfish prick I am.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Saturday, 14 Jan 2012 at 8:36pm

Well said Bob, the idiots wrecking the place is my concern, it's not just the north coast it's nation wide. I think some of you guy's are getting confused some times about localism. Most times it probably that your not waiting your turn and paddling to the inside all the time, so the fuck off call is more about that than being a tourist, we're all tourists.I was one just this week at coffs harbour, the east coast is a hoax.
Back beach your frothin so hard you have got your threads confused, and your trying to argue with big wayneker, good luck with that. It's like arguing with a team of aussie rules players , you've got 18 different personalities having a go at you with 4 on the bench chompin at the bit to have a go too, with very little logic involved

girlygirl's picture
girlygirl's picture
girlygirl Monday, 16 Jan 2012 at 3:51am

check out this daily surf report from Rusty Miller - to me, this says it all.... keep watching ...

memberx's picture
memberx's picture
memberx Tuesday, 17 Jan 2012 at 3:11am

way too much time

backbeach's picture
backbeach's picture
backbeach Wednesday, 18 Jan 2012 at 8:18am

Hey shaun good analogy hope you enjoyed your sojourn, Spongebob & yourself sums up my points, Her royal higness WAYNE, easily destroyed he does not surf, he is the geek moderator in an office in sydney
"as you finesse the turn , justkeep the board a bit flater by moving your front foot forward a little and turn the upper half of your body to where youwant to go and use the momentum from arm and waist to get through the turn.there is still alot of foam in a minimal and if it has alot of rocker that can add to the problem big mr dan. "

Google search parts of it big wayne is a sydney IT geek

bigwayne's picture
bigwayne's picture
bigwayne Monday, 30 Jan 2012 at 7:53am

please read this last post by mrs backfroth , the effort gone to is priceless! listen mr i had to change my avatar cause i just need to show eveyone my quiverbeach, no it geek , not even a moderator , also the only site one know how to find is this one cause ones princess set it up for one, other than that ones computer knowledge is very limited (see how ones heart is on ones sleeve) but your constant need to disprove one constantly is some how making you look desparate (the heart thing again) come on , come and give me a cuddle ( not that there is anything wrong with that)and one will forgive yor brashness and you can come and play with eveyone but untill the love is shown your appearence would be not required . thank you
this was bought to you by a suffering a tourettes moment earlier today but is alright now HRH bigwayne

seal's picture
seal's picture
seal Monday, 30 Jan 2012 at 8:41am

Fuck me drunk! Is that thing of Backbiters a saw, a surfboard or the top jaw of a shark with it's teeth in backwards?

bigwayne's picture
bigwayne's picture
bigwayne Tuesday, 31 Jan 2012 at 8:54am

all of the above mr seal

ando's picture
ando's picture
ando Tuesday, 31 Jan 2012 at 11:52am

when I saw the homepage pic on swellnet today I thought it was Backbeach local boy....I saw the front of the board and imagined the back of his board with his awesome quad set up. But it wasn't, it was Harrison Roach. Not to worry...and BigWayne, stay off the drink.

mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt Tuesday, 31 Jan 2012 at 12:04pm

who wants to visit the north coast anyway?!?! bunch of hippies/ Hari Krishnas

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Tuesday, 31 Jan 2012 at 12:08pm

I think we've scared ol' backbitch off.

But I'll bet he won't be able to help himself. He'll be back. He'll be reading it all and then won't be able to contain himself.

And BigWayne, I'll second Ando's call. It's a downward spiral. You'll get over it in time.

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Tuesday, 31 Jan 2012 at 12:13pm

Doing a bit of fishing there Angelina???

mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt Tuesday, 31 Jan 2012 at 12:28pm

its like fishing with dynamite..
and by the way, im the Original OG Mrs Pitt - Jennifer, not Angelina.

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Tuesday, 31 Jan 2012 at 1:04pm

Oooooopppppppssss. Appologies Jen!!!