byron bay

josh-s_2's picture
josh-s_2 started the topic in Monday, 20 Sep 2010 at 7:17am

Hi im going up to byron on saterday and i was just wondering what the place is like, last time i went there i didn't surf and i don't remember what the surf was like and some of my mates told me the place has changed and there has been more development.

ps can i were bordies

seal's picture
seal's picture
seal Wednesday, 22 Sep 2010 at 11:06am

Last time I went to Byron you could wear boardies but you will probably fit in better if you wear a sarong,dreddies in your hair,go bare foot and call yourself Sven. As for surf you should get a nice wave to yourself or with just a couple of others at the Pass most days. Have fun!

sophiawright's picture
sophiawright's picture
sophiawright Monday, 20 Jan 2014 at 10:54pm

Hi!! Byron Bay has now changed a lot. You will love watching dolphins while surfing.Enjoy!

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Tuesday, 21 Jan 2014 at 6:19am

Were there no dolphins at Byron before?

morris's picture
morris's picture
morris Tuesday, 21 Jan 2014 at 6:51am

Originally there were local pods of dolphins, but as the town became more designer feral then evolving into commercially hip they'd had enough and moved down the coast. But recently the local shire rescued a pod from dream world on the gold coast to help boost the spiritualism of the town, these dolphins are more likely to hang around, with a reliance on anti-depressants they fit in a lot better.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Tuesday, 21 Jan 2014 at 10:54am

Brilliant Morris ....... Shaun was kicked out of town ? am i right .... for refusing to pay more than $2 for a schooner at the Great Nthn in 96' ....Shaun has always been the " disapointment " in your family ?

morris's picture
morris's picture
morris Tuesday, 21 Jan 2014 at 3:47pm

You've hit the nail on the head southey, Shaun only drinks at RSL's and under secluded bridges if the banks are right. Blindboy mentioned in another thread that surfers are " highly socially skilled" , Shaun knocks that theory on the head.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Tuesday, 21 Jan 2014 at 4:00pm

I'm pretty sure a couple out of the pod have been scoring a few 'Pufferfish' lately, they'll be having a laugh.