Increase Board Price

radbone08's picture
radbone08 started the topic in Tuesday, 7 Sep 2010 at 12:34am

I am going to sell on of my boards, but i want to sell it for more, so what could i do to increase the profit i make out of my board?

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Tuesday, 7 Sep 2010 at 1:21am

I love it when I sell one of my old boards directly to a stoked grom. In these cases I drop the price abit and try to throw in an old leggie or board bag. I'm happy because I've got my moneys worth out of the board and I've passed it onto someone who will also get joy out of it.

Are boards that dear anyway? Perhaps the plastic jobs from Asia are but I wonder about the Aussie made boards. Certainly a hand shaped board from a master shaper, in my opinion, is cheap. I have machine shaped and hand shaped boards and personally I just love hand shaped boards. There is something intanigble about them, they are special almost magical. Hopefully, hand shaping skills will survive the current master shapers.

radbone08's picture
radbone08's picture
radbone08 Tuesday, 7 Sep 2010 at 1:27am

I would sell it to a grom, but the problem is im a grom myself... hahaha, do you reckon a spray job?

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Tuesday, 7 Sep 2010 at 2:06am

Snap it into different pieces and then sell off each bit separately, oh and also sell the fins, leg-rope and that little rope that goes in the leggie plug :p

benski's picture
benski's picture
benski Tuesday, 7 Sep 2010 at 2:10am

that little rope that goes in the leggie plug sells for $2 at my local shop!

brendo's picture
brendo's picture
brendo Tuesday, 7 Sep 2010 at 3:48am

you'll probably never get what you think its worth. Clean it up, fix any dings, take the wax off. Sprays are too individual, just leave it as it is. 2nd hand boards nobody is ever prepared to pay a lot.

radbone08's picture
radbone08's picture
radbone08 Tuesday, 7 Sep 2010 at 4:34am

or i can just sell it to some kook at my school hahah

spongebob's picture
spongebob's picture
spongebob Tuesday, 7 Sep 2010 at 11:37am

Chuck it on Ebay & see how it go's.If you can hang on to it till the weather warms up you might get a better price for it.Ive noticed on Ebay secondhand boards generally go for less in winter,unless it's something special.More kooks looking for their first board in the warmer months means more bidders & more chance of a better price.Like Brend said take the wax off,clean it up & take a few realy good photo's if you deside to go with Ebay. Buy in winter,sell in summer,it worked for me.

non-local's picture
non-local's picture
non-local Tuesday, 7 Sep 2010 at 1:09pm

go for the kook at your school

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Tuesday, 7 Sep 2010 at 2:07pm

Give it away to someone who can`t afford a board.

Failing that, I concur with non-local, go for the cashed up kook at school.

nope's picture
nope's picture
nope Tuesday, 7 Sep 2010 at 9:42pm

and next time you take your car to a mechanic dont be pissed when he over charges you people! tsk tsk