12 grand and no work obligations

lickwid's picture
lickwid started the topic in Sunday, 15 Aug 2010 at 1:00am

So you have 12 grand, and you have no obligations to anyone by mid september. What do you do?

antifroth's picture
antifroth's picture
antifroth Sunday, 15 Aug 2010 at 1:59am

Chopes and watch the ct and blow the whole 12g over there.... duh

dandandan's picture
dandandan's picture
dandandan Sunday, 15 Aug 2010 at 5:53am

Couple of months up your sleeve and 12 grand.. I would probably do a boat trip in the Ments to start with, I've never had the money to do that before. Then maybe get onto Cloudbreak now that it is opened up to the masses, and see what else Fiji has to offer. Or maybe side with antifroth and head to Tahiti. If I had that much money I would definately treat myself to somewhere normally out of my price range. If you were just going to surf and nothing else though, you can't fail with Indonesia.

mtw's picture
mtw's picture
mtw Sunday, 15 Aug 2010 at 6:19am

I have always had the dream of travelling to and surfing mauritus, Madagascar and Reunion Island. Waves look top quality and not too crowded.

lickwid's picture
lickwid's picture
lickwid Sunday, 15 Aug 2010 at 8:50am

Anyone got some gnarly hook ups? Good surf, good food and good people, thats all I'm looking for the places you are calling on sounds like the Ideal scene.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Sunday, 15 Aug 2010 at 11:35am

Put it on black, double it!

benski's picture
benski's picture
benski Sunday, 15 Aug 2010 at 11:55am

Get on a plane to a place call La Cote D'ore. It's in La Terre de Reine. You should be able to get a cheap flight at this time of year. It's a real buzz, the streets are full of people buzzing, really digging it. The surf? Well the surf is super. Can get a few travellers through there, but hey so does bali right?

lickwid's picture
lickwid's picture
lickwid Monday, 16 Aug 2010 at 1:38pm

haha, put it on black. Good idea but, I don't think so. La cote D'ore. Is that some sort of french territory some where, i cant really find anything on it.

benski's picture
benski's picture
benski Monday, 16 Aug 2010 at 11:55pm

Sorry mate stop your searching, la cote d'ore translates roughly as the gold coast (although it should have been d'or), la terre de reine is roughly, queensland. I was taking the piss cos I'm not gonna tell you about where I scored in isolated parts of the world or the country. I want to go back there and surf those places on my own again.

Just use your imagination, if you want to go beyond Australia look at some swell charts around the world for this time of year and chase em. If you want to stay here, grab one of those atlas of aust surf books and a van or 4WD, start reading and hit the road (and look at some swell charts as well). Sorry to stuff you round, but I can't imagine anyone's going to tell an anonymous name on a website about a (semi) secret spot they found on their last surf trip. Needless to say, somewhere on earth it's going to be pumping between now and September so get on it. And when you get back don't tell us where, but get on here and tell us how good it was.

lickwid's picture
lickwid's picture
lickwid Wednesday, 18 Aug 2010 at 9:45am

Too right benski, I'll find my place. Thanks though, bit of an inspiration to do my own thing and try to find somewhere new. Everyone enjoy, and wish me luck for where ever i end up.

benski's picture
benski's picture
benski Wednesday, 18 Aug 2010 at 1:35pm

Absolutely mate. Hope you score!