Vaccinate or not

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak started the topic in Tuesday, 24 Nov 2020 at 6:20pm

I was a little shocked at Alan Joyce (CEO Qantas) announcement that international travelers will be required to have a covid 19 vaccination in order to travel on Qantas flights . The government wanted to have mandatory vaccination but after the bumbling of its release ( it was painful to watch the delivery of that announcement ) they withdrew the mandatory part but it seems Qantas and other business may demand a vaccination in order to use their services. I’m not anti vaccine by any means I just don’t trust this government or a vaccine that has been rushed through. A jab followed by another jab followed by yearly jabs doesn’t sit well with me as I have never had a flu shot or the flu for more than 20 years. Plus I don’t want to give this shot to my healthy 4 year old daughter. She is up to date with all her vaccinations but this covid vaccine is new and not being around for decades like the others. Tuberculosis remains the number one as far diseases go and you don’t need proof of vaccination to travel so what is going on ?

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 2:09pm

"Do you think we will all have been infected by Christmas?"
Nope, but I do know new infection rates will go up as we open up. The big question is, how effective will the vaccination be in minimising hospital admissions.
At least this will all be happening in late spring early summer.
Let's just hope the anti-vax mob don't end up clogging the hospital system at the expense of sensible people. I reckon there's enough fucking idiots in Australia to ensure the path out of covid lockdowns is very bumpy for everyone.
One other thing. You can lock in a November / early December federal election. Scumo can't go to the polls with his woeful record saying he deserves another 3 years. His campaign will involve painting some post-covid utopia, and saying the ALP are stopping this. This useless fucker has to go to the polls after 70% has been reached and before everything goes pear-shaped.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 2:30pm
Vic Local wrote:

"Do you think we will all have been infected by Christmas?"
Nope, but I do know new infection rates will go up as we open up. The big question is, how effective will the vaccination be in minimising hospital admissions.
At least this will all be happening in late spring early summer.
Let's just hope the anti-vax mob don't end up clogging the hospital system at the expense of sensible people. I reckon there's enough fucking idiots in Australia to ensure the path out of covid lockdowns is very bumpy for everyone.
One other thing. You can lock in a November / early December federal election. Scumo can't go to the polls with his woeful record saying he deserves another 3 years. His campaign will involve painting some post-covid utopia, and saying the ALP are stopping this. This useless fucker has to go to the polls after 70% has been reached and before everything goes pear-shaped.

VL, Scomo will get back in, the same way Ardern got back in. AUS voters won’t force a change to a different party whilst a pandemic is active. It will be the status quo above anything else.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 2:35pm

Thanks for those links TBB , Scumo can’t like the made in Australia brand , if he changes his mind we will need to line up at the end of the queue.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 2:51pm

"VL, Scomo will get back in, the same way Ardern got back in. AUS voters won’t force a change to a different party whilst a pandemic is active. It will be the status quo above anything else."
Not sure about that. There's a pretty deep seated hatred for the bloke in Vic and WA. The LNP are 20 points back in Vic and the WA state election was a pretty accurate reflection on how despised the LNP is over there.
The LNP are trailing in all states with the exception of Queensland and the scum are only just ahead up north.
The only way this utter fraud is going to turn the polls around is if he suddenly becomes competent, and that just ain't gunna happen. I reckon he's gone*

*unless there's some major shock to the country like Tampa and 9/11. Howard was going down until those two things happened.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 3:24pm

I don't agree the longer term trend of the last few years including during most of the pandemic Scomo and LNP have easily been the preferred option the trend is in their favour.

Only reason things are down currently is because we have the Covid outbreak and lockdowns and people are falling for the negative crap about not getting vaccines sooner etc, that should come out to be busted in time, like i showed NZ has had the exact same issue.

Another few months vaccinations rates will be high, Covid will be under control for the most part, state and intentional borders will open and economy will bounce back like it did after last lockdowns, the light is already at the end of the tunnel.

Most people will look back and go fuck we did alright really, some of the lowest death rates in the world for Covid, the long deep dark recession didn't happen etc

And lets be honest Albo isn't PM material even most Labor voters would agree, but that said if a government does piss off people for too long the public will take anything the can, we saw this with the election of Tony Abbott after Labor's Krudd and Gillard drama series.

PS. Since 1949 Labor have only been in power about 23 of the 72 years, so odds are in LNP favour, Labor are also a dying party just like Labor in UK

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 3:11pm
Supafreak wrote:

Thanks for those links TBB , Scumo can’t like the made in Australia brand , if he changes his mind we will need to line up at the end of the queue.

AZ is also manufactured in Australia, the very first vaccine they wanted to use was an Aussie one too, but that fell through, from memory issues with results or side effects in trials?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 3:19pm

Cost of AZ =$4.00. Cost of Pfizer = $20.00+.

And the latest data is AZ offers the best protect and lasts longer than the alternatives.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 3:20pm

"Yeh Sypkan,
That's all that nurses do... "and before anyone rattles off about nurse shortages... pretty sure one nurse and 5 newly trained wardies and/or army reservists can spin an old bod..."
Out of touch with reality. Nursing is such an easy job..."

I wasn't saying that's all nurses do...

I was giving an example of a solution to a problem that was presented as one major issue for corona patients in ICU ie. it takes six nurses to turn them over, and this needs doing several times per shift...

geez there's some sensitive souls on here...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 3:24pm

@indo , have a read of the links TBB put up . I’m a bit confused about the last one though as it said if the production goes ahead in Victoria then Australia would have first dibs and the rest exported , in the video I put up he said Australia would have to fall in line with the country’s that had already signed up . I assumed that would mean waiting until those contracts were filled . Be nice to know why funding wasn’t shifted from Queensland university to Flinders after the QU had problems with false positive HIV . The links TBB put up suggested he was out of favour after statements about origin of virus .

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 3:49pm
Supafreak wrote:

@saltyone here’s a interview with the Director from the team heading up the Adelaide vaccine. Forget the title in the story that’s only briefly talked about . https://youtu.be/AgvtcHQ4RWc

yep, interesting vid

a very frank and foward scientist I must say

and, the representatives on tv - from both sides of politics - seem way too agenda driven and controlled for my liking

some key points...

'...need investment .... a range of solutions...'

'...be honest with the public...'

'...listen to wider range of scientists...'

'...we're nowhere near the end of this...'

now that's the frankness i like...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 3:58pm

"Cost of AZ =$4.00. Cost of Pfizer = $20.00+.

And the latest data is AZ offers the best protect and lasts longer than the alternatives."

...and it's not the questionable new MRNA technology...

it's a synthetic protein old school vax

which is proving better than the old old school vaxxes coming out of china etc., and some of the new tech ones...

same with supafreak's vid doc's vaccine

take note bd and anyone waiting for their boutique vaccine...

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 4:06pm

haha. Cheers Syp.
Boutique vax. Sounds spritzy!
Patience may well be a virtue.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 4:12pm

Noted sypkan.

"Covid passports aren’t a good enough reason to reject vaccine therapy

This is the big one, isn’t it?
It’s certainly the thing everyone keeps emailing and calling me about.
“Aren’t Covid passports just the tip of the spear for government surveillance?”
No, they’re not.
We’re way past that.
A vaccine passport is a joke compared to your smartphone, your digital bank, your social media, your Internet usage history, and especially the coming central bank digital currencies (CBDCs) and social credit systems.
Don’t lose the plot, friends. Vaccines aren’t the “tip of the spear” whatsoever. That weapon belongs to the private monopoly control of money-creation. Everything else is secondary.
And here’s a big thing a lot of non-travelers have forgotten:
We’ve already had vaccine passports for years.
My wife and I have traveled to plenty of risky countries including North Korea, Transnistria, Honduras, Ethiopia, and even West Texas. Tourists who only go to Florida and Hawaii and Caribbean all-inclusives may not realize it, but much of the world has required proof of vaccination for decades.
As any missionary kid knows, you can’t get into many countries without showing your doctor-stamped visa that proves you’ve had your yellow fever shots. 124 nations require you to show a yellow fever vaccine visa to get across their borders. We’ve shown ours many times. (We’ve also never had yellow fever, which still kills 30,000 people per year because vaccination gives people 99% immunity 30 days after injection.)
Yes, future vaccine visas will likely be logged on the blockchain and movement will be automatically restricted by robots and algorithms. This is anti-human and should rightly be outlawed. But avoiding vaccination itself won’t change this. It’s the wrong hill to die on.
Tyranny isn’t defeated by leaving your immune system under-educated."

https://survivingtomorrow.org/lets-talk-about-vaccines-and-vaccine-passp...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 4:20pm

AZ... there's shitloads available now

but I'd probably wait if I was bunkered down down your way...

the problem with waiting, as a doc friend of friend said..., is you cannot get in when there is a problem developes, because there is a rush on vaccines... I saw it happen here, I saw numbers slowly going up, threw my hesitancy to the wind, jumped in ...two weeks later, numbers jumped significantly, everyone wigged out and did a run on vaccine centres... big problem... many turned away...

the other problem is the two week vulnerability after shots, and nine weeks between shots

a lot can happen in 11 weeks

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 4:21pm
sypkan wrote:

And the latest data is AZ offers the best protect and lasts longer than the alternatives."

which is proving better than the old old school vaxxes coming out of china etc., and some of the new tech ones...

Anything that comes out of China that goes in your body, is best avoided. Food included.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 4:21pm
sypkan wrote:

Anything that comes out of China that goes in your body, is best avoided. Food included.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 4:22pm

Ian Cairns is posting some pretty wild figures for USA Deaths from Vax - 13000 +
Via Jim Banks facey

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 4:49pm
udo wrote:

Ian Cairns is posting some pretty wild figures for USA Deaths from Vax - 13000 +
Via Jim Banks facey

Udo, do you believe these figures? Or is it close?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 5:00pm
udo wrote:

Via Jim Banks facey

Jim Banks facebook page is probably the centre of the universe for disinformation at least in the surfing world.

One thing this pandemic has shown is good surfers and shapers sure aren't immune to being complete nutcases, maybe even possibly a little more likely to be.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 5:35pm

@indo said...'one thing this pandemic has shown is good surfers and shapers aren't immune to being complete nutcases, maybe even possibly a little more likely to be'.
What a completely ignorant and ill informed thing to say. Just when you think Indo's posts couldn't get any stupider, boom!! Nice stereotyping of thousands of individuals ya fuckhead.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 5:45pm
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 6:14pm
bluediamond wrote:

@indo said...'one thing this pandemic has shown is good surfers and shapers aren't immune to being complete nutcases, maybe even possibly a little more likely to be'.

What a completely ignorant and ill informed thing to say. Just when you think Indo's posts couldn't get any stupider, boom!! Nice stereotyping of thousands of individuals ya fuckhead.

ha ha OMG bit sensitive, although kinda true, it was obviously a little tongue in cheek too.

Obviously I'm not suggesting every good surfer or shaper is a nutcase, but you only have to go on Jim banks FB page to see there is quite a few old legend surfer and shapers are, seen it elsewhere too.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 6:18pm

Meh........

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 6:24pm

You're just triggered because you have come out as an anti vaxer and gone down the this doesn't all add up, conspiracy theory thing.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 6:31pm

Do u even surf?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 6:48pm

ha ha really.

Just incase you want evidence this one's me :D

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 6:49pm

Cat Bay Boi
Hahaha

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 6:59pm

Cat Bay yeah, i did learn to surf there and have been wanting to hit it for a novelty surf for years for a laugh, but I havent done it yet, so havent surfed Cat bay since i was maybe 14 or 15, anyway have a good one Bluediamond that's me for the back and forth thing.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 7:07pm

Ha. Yeah right boiiiii. Yeeew. Haha
U talk shit.
Gonna take a leaf from Banksy on this one and ommmmmmmmmmmm.....

D-Rex's picture
D-Rex's picture
D-Rex Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 7:16pm

BD proving that not only is he a cry baby bigot but that he's a fruit loop too! Gold! Suck it up BD and stick to what you do best - playing the racist card at every possible opportunity.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 7:17pm

Oh look its DRex!!
Ommmm ommmmmm ommmmmmmm!!!!

wax24's picture
wax24's picture
wax24 Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 7:28pm
san Guine wrote:
wax24 wrote:
san Guine wrote:

Mental health in times of COVID, lockdowns and the associated general societal malaise. Data seems to be a bit counter-intuitive and inconclusive:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/datablog/2021/sep/03/is-there...

Sanguine, I don't know about Oz, but, here in The States, we have been in a mental health crisis for some time now, regardless of the pandemic. No one has given it proper light, maybe until now. It would be a mistake to look at any data on current mental health without taking that into account. The link makes mention of that, but not as forcefully as the reality requires, imho.

Hi Wax,
Agree, I was just interested in information on current mental health in the Australian context wrt COVID.
We do have a mental health crisis here too.
It's soul destroying watching the 'revolving door' of the mental health system. Patients present to hospital (often under s.351- that is bought in by police involuntarily), are treated and stabilised (depending on their presenting complaint -be that with meds, ECT, CBT etc.), then return to the community, go off their meds (usually because they believe they don't need them), get unwell again...and off we go again.
Not only that, prescription drug OD's are a huge issue (approx 80% of all OD's). I can't repeat any stories on here due to confidentiality and privacy constraints, but it is constant, without age or demographic bias and totally disheartening. Kudos to any mental health clinicians out there, you have a very tough and thankless gig.

Stay safe everyone, respect those around you and talk to someone (friend/family/medical professional) if you are having any suicidal thoughts.

Hey, Sanguine. As you said, don't wanna get too detailed going down this conversation's path, but i work in a behavioral health hospital (the current brand name here for such a facility). I work in Intake and see all the collateral info on all referrals, whether i accept them or not. It is as you say, and it is soul crushing, at times, and that was pre-Covid. And moving toward intubation (it can happen fast) with a person who is not well oriented to time and place is a real shitshow, generally. And, with the ERs locally strained, we do not farm out emergencies as liberally as we did. It is on us. This is why i am pro-vax. Any tool that can reduce the strain on the healthcare system is critical, and impacts ALL areas of healthcare, which is not considered properly by the layman/pseudo-scientist. All this makes surfing so very crucial to me. My recharge.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 8:02pm

Further (Q&A) research notes into our OZ Vax...timeline..
Nothing flash ...just trying to fill in some gaps
tbb has highlighted many world firsts in Oz Rollout...unsure why MSM least cares.

Feb WHO sanctioned 3 CEPI (Gates) vaxes
1. V451 thru Oz Gates Jane H + 2. AZ (Backdoor) thru Oz Jane H + AZ Lib Staffer
In turn for Oz CEPI Vax deals (Gates buys equal amount into new CSL Plant)
https://www.crikey.com.au/2020/08/20/from-lib-staffer-to-big-pharma-an-u...
Pfizer deal is a no brainer, it simply doubles Oz Pollies Future Fund Shares...feathers their own Nests.
Aussie Vaxerz have already Doubled Pollies retirement Nest Eggs...(Pollies : "Vax! Vax! Vax!")

5th May 2020 Scomo (Wet Market Origin) (vs) 5th May 2020 Nikolai Petrovsky (Lab Origin!)
Poor timing of Origin claims undermines PM's Cold War Posse that likely costs Nikolai Vax funding!
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/video/2020/may/05/australian-...
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/the-feed/did-the-coronavirus-come-from-a-lab...
2nd July 2020 - SA Covax-19 - 30/40 > 2x doses/3weeks (10 saline placebo)
Feds: SA $1m Vax
https://medicine.uq.edu.au/article/2021/06/what-covax-19-australias-most...

13 July 2020 - Qld V451- 120 /216-2x doses / 3 weeks (96 Saline Placebos)
(51m Doses ready by June > 100m (min) by Dec 2021)
Gates CEPI Emergency Vax-$10.6m + Feds - ($5m Research) + $13m

6th Sept - 8 Nov 2020 - CSL news : V451."(8,000 doses?) Brewed in readiness for Phase 2b/3 Trials.
Trials were safe & Vax was Pulled due to Spike > Leaving a HIV [+] Test result (Only)
Nothing is mentioned if CEPI / WHO Safe Vax (doses) were ever used for 2020 o/s exemption travel

21st Sept Govt MRFF > $3m Melb Uni Vax + $3m Syd Uni Vax

8th Nov 2020 CSL commence thawing AZ
Over Xmas
CSL Flu Vax needs 425,000 day/eggs from China no longer possible. (Covid Cold War!)
Upgrades to Canine Kidney based Flu Vax...(Similar upgrades world wide) Vax is 30% down in 2021.

23-24th March 2021 TGA Approve Oz AZ / CSL release first 830,000 doses of Oz AstraZeneca Vaccine
https://www.tga.gov.au/media-release/melbourne-made-covid-19-vaccine-now...
30th March PNG PM : Receives 1st Dose of Oz Made AZ Vax.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/30/png-prime-minister-first-t...
China claim Oz blocked their Vax to fast track " PNG PM" Oz Promo re: (Pacific Quadz Vax Power Shotz)

Aug 2021 Covax-19 Partnership = SA (Royalties) + Iran (Plant 1m doses / wk) + Vic #1 ( $500m/ Plant )
There is no Vax Plant yet....so no committed Doses...( Emergency Rule prioritizes doses )
Would imagine it rides on Fed's financial commitment to Vic Vax Park

Re : Scomo deferring 1st Oz vax order to PNG...few would have expected that!...(Vax dumping period!)
Anyhow...there's enough answers there...or more questions?

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 8:11pm

Hey tbb
.thanks for all the links the other day.
Didn't get the chance to say thanks. Am slowly working through them all.
Ur a pure gem mate and so undervalued in what you put out.
A heartfelt thanks legend

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 8:35pm
bluediamond wrote:

Do u even surf?

Although IndoD posts some ummm, controversial you might say, things on here he would of forgotten more about Indonesia and it’s waves than 99% of people on here have learnt.
He knows his shit

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 8:43pm

Hey Goofy. I can't be fukd looking for it....but.....Didn't i read Indo/drex/hutch19 post a while ago that he wasnt comfortable surfing shallow left hand tubes somewhere on here once? (note. Indonesia is known for shallow left hand tubes) I'm almost sure of it. But anybody...please...correct me if i'm wrong. I would actually really like to be wrong on this for his sake.
Yes, the Sherriff on all things Indonesia.(maybe terrestial?) #makebananacry?
p.s: Indo/rex/19 is it true or a gross rumour that you avoided right point because it's a shallow(very ish) left??

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 8:48pm

Dunno mate but I know I’ve read a lot of cool shit that he’s posted about Indo.
Btw fuck I’m hanging to get back there. Hopefully soon

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 8:58pm

Yeah i understand that Goof. Tough times hey. Sending you good aloha and hoping you're sitting inside an indo drainer before too long. Yeeeeeeeeeeew!

Sprout's picture
Sprout's picture
Sprout Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 9:01pm

Just regarding flu, there's some really interesting articles on how it requires people travelling between hemispheres to circulate globally. Bruce Brown's, The Endless Winter.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 9:23pm
bluediamond wrote:

Hey Goofy. I can't be fukd looking for it....but.....Didn't i read Indo/drex/hutch19 post a while ago that he wasnt comfortable surfing shallow left hand tubes somewhere on here once? (note. Indonesia is known for shallow left hand tubes) I'm almost sure of it. But anybody...please...correct me if i'm wrong. I would actually really like to be wrong on this for his sake.
Yes, the Sherriff on all things Indonesia.(maybe terrestial?) #makebananacry?
p.s: Indo/rex/19 is it true or a gross rumour that you avoided right point because it's a shallow(very ish) left??

Firstly sorry dude this is the only profile ive ever had on Swellnet and although i agree with some comments from Rex & Hutchy, there is also a lot i don't agree with and would never say, no offence to both of them but i think they push things to far a lot of the time (BTW. my IP address from PC and Phone will confirm that its different to Rex & Hutchy i think Swellnet can even possibly see location of device if need be)

And yeah i post here a lot, but god i dont even read all Hutchys post let alone have the time to post them.

Yes shallow hollow lefts are not my specialty and backhand tube ridding is my weakness (though forehand is one of strengths), at home i go right 90% of the time, as for right point other than beaches its the only left i occasionally surf at home and only time ive every avoided it was because of crowds, as for shallowness, even when it is pretty low, it's all soft weed covered reef.

As for Indo mostly being known for hollow lefts, 100% true and there was once a time where people pretty much only thought of lefts over there and in many areas you could go surf pretty much empty high quality rights especially before the wind got up because people were often just thinking lefts left lefts, but unfortunately things have changed these days.

BTW. Im just an average guy, average surfer i dont surf to prove anything to anyone only for my only pleasure, as for being some sheriff for Indo, whatever that means, again just a guy that loves Indonesia, not just the waves, but the whole deal people, culture, language, food and just kicking back absorbing it all at the end of the day watching the sunset dribbling crap with a bintang in hand.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 9:48pm

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 9:56pm

@indo said
"One thing this pandemic has shown is good surfers and shapers sure aren't immune to being complete nutcases, maybe even possibly a little more likely to be"
Omming out.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 9:57pm

"Dunno mate but I know I’ve read a lot of cool shit that he’s posted about Indo.
Btw fuck I’m hanging to get back there. Hopefully soon"

I've said it before, but it's worth repeating...

he also has a large stake in one of the most ethical and down to earth surf operations in the whole archepelago

I say ethical because he's not ripping anyone off- most importantly not the locals... and he endeavours to preserve both surf culture and local culture

in fact his little enterprise has done an amazing job of financially empowering locals, whilst preserving local culture, maintaining and giving them autonomy, and generally not corrupting the local village / culture

empowering... financial independence... whilst preserving culture... and giving autonomy to indigenous populations... the absolute gold standard academic wannabee wishlist...

I find it next level ironic that indod has succeeded and fulfilled in what a bunch academic wankers in australia can only dream of, and have failed miserably in... and yet he constantly gets so so much shit on here for being a 'rwnj'...

not aimed at you bd, or anyone in particular, just an observation

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 10:05pm

Thanks Sypkan

Or Terima kasih, Matur Suksuma, Matur Suwun, Matur Nuhun, Matur Nuwun, Surat Sibil, Saohogolo

Bahasa Indo, Bali, East Java, Central Java, West Java, Mentawai, Telo/Nias

I did learn a few other Padang and Aceh but forgotten :D

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 10:06pm

observation noted. Syp. Cheers
But geez.....to call most surfers and shapers nutcases...unequivocally. (tongue in cheek of course wink wink not that i pointed that out in my original post)
How does one reconcile that when as a surfer, most crew they have spent their life around are one or the other and great blokes...no fantastic blokes.
Fark, it's offensive to the highest order. But you're putting up some kinda integrity of past deeds and i'll respect that so will assume his posts are only just stupid words...like the Dandenong Markets hey Indo...etc. (saturday night special for you from fallen comrades)
But on behalf of all good surfers, good shapers, bad surfers, average shapers, or anyone that surfs, to be tarred with Indo's brush of being, in his words, without provocation, 'complete nutcases' i think you're drawing a long bow to pump this imbercile up. Let him stand by his words if he's willing to put them out there. (and his bogged rail cutbacks in perfect waist high waves) enoughs enough.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 10:10pm

Ha ha god dude how on earth do you get so triggered (yeah i hate that word) from a comment about the fact a lot of well know surfers have come out as nut cases during Covid,...that's fact.

Anyway on the other stuff go gets fucked i dont give a shit what a wanker like you thinks, you are quite obviously a tosser.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 10:15pm

BTW. If you are going to use a look at me surfing pic in your profile at least use one where you are getting barrelled and not out in front of the barrel about to get hit by the lip.

lucky-al's picture
lucky-al's picture
lucky-al Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 10:22pm

what about the rules for political party flags indo-dreaming, do you have to be a member of a party to use its flag in your profile?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 10:33pm
lucky-al wrote:

what about the rules for political party flags indo-dreaming, do you have to be a member of a party to use its flag in your profile?

Ha ha Im sure PDI wouldn't mind me using it, my father inlay is pretty heavily involved in the party in Solo Central Java he has actual has photos of himself with Jokowi and Megawati, he has met them but not friends or anything.

Jokowi was actually governor of Solo before he became Mayor of Jakarta and then President, and because of my father inlays involvement with PDI, Jokowi was actually suppose to come to our wedding, unfortunately he was out of town at the time so didnt make it, but his fill in man did complete with two body guards.

Such a pity Jokowi was out of town, would have been a killer story and pics now.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 10:39pm

“ and his bogged rail cutbacks in perfect waist high waves”

This coming from a bloke whose profile pic is of his leggie getting barreled while he’s that far on the shoulder he might as well be in the channel!
I’m just shit stirring bd but fuck if you’re going to start giving shit to people about their surfing ability on here then that applies to the majority of posters I reckon. Me definitely included.