Vaccinate or not

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak started the topic in Tuesday, 24 Nov 2020 at 6:20pm

I was a little shocked at Alan Joyce (CEO Qantas) announcement that international travelers will be required to have a covid 19 vaccination in order to travel on Qantas flights . The government wanted to have mandatory vaccination but after the bumbling of its release ( it was painful to watch the delivery of that announcement ) they withdrew the mandatory part but it seems Qantas and other business may demand a vaccination in order to use their services. I’m not anti vaccine by any means I just don’t trust this government or a vaccine that has been rushed through. A jab followed by another jab followed by yearly jabs doesn’t sit well with me as I have never had a flu shot or the flu for more than 20 years. Plus I don’t want to give this shot to my healthy 4 year old daughter. She is up to date with all her vaccinations but this covid vaccine is new and not being around for decades like the others. Tuberculosis remains the number one as far diseases go and you don’t need proof of vaccination to travel so what is going on ?

Johknee's picture
Johknee's picture
Johknee Friday, 3 Sep 2021 at 10:01pm
shortenism wrote:

Hahah... That is a damn good question and I’m sure some smart arse on here is preparing a rebuttal as we speak

No rebuttal from me, sorry. Would you like to hear a story about shark attacks and ice cream?

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 3 Sep 2021 at 10:03pm

"Okay, now I follow your reasoning. Are there other possible explanations?"
Call me crazy but I reckon all that hand washing, heavy disinfectant cleaning, and staying at home when sick, might have something to do with the figures.
But hey, maybe shortenism can enlighten us with all the rebranding that's been going on.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Friday, 3 Sep 2021 at 10:05pm

If you can't understand why influenza recordings/deaths have disappeared with all the critical thinking you're supposed to be doing, then god help us all Shorto.

Here's a simple analogy.

During years before COVID, when the flu strain was circling the world year on year due to our hyper-connectiveness, you then have Kangaroo Island. You stop the ferry running so no one can get in and out. The flu cases then drop out of nowhere in the island.. see what I'm getting it? Add in social distancing, limited gatherings/movement, sanitisation etc and Bob's your uncle.

To still be going down the influenza cases have been renamed COVID track is astounding. Just stop and think it step by step.

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Friday, 3 Sep 2021 at 10:05pm

Shorto:
“So back to my earlier post re dodgy PCR tests and their inability to seperate COVID from the common cold, check this“

You’re about 6 weeks off the pace. Might also be worth checking this:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-30/coronacheck-pcr-tests-cdc-covid-f...

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 3 Sep 2021 at 10:08pm
Craig wrote:

If you can't understand why influenza recordings/deaths have disappeared with all the critical thinking you're supposed to be doing, then god help us all.

Here's a simple analogy.

During years before COVID, when the flu strain was circling the world year on year due to our hyper-connectiveness, you then have Kangaroo Island. You stop the ferry running so no one can get in and out. The flu cases then drop out of nowhere in the island.. see what I'm getting it? Add in social distancing, limited gatherings/movement, sanitisation etc and Bob's your uncle.

To still be going down the influenza cases have been renamed COVID track is astounding. Just stop and think it step by step.

Don't listen to Craig, shortenism. Tell us about the people involved in the rebranding exercise. I want names.

seaslug's picture
seaslug's picture
seaslug Friday, 3 Sep 2021 at 10:09pm

Here I am based in Area 51 and most of this stuff is just batshit crazy hehe

tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Friday, 3 Sep 2021 at 10:10pm

I guess that’s about as good as a concession that we’re going to get from you Vic.

15000/day down to 100/day in about 10 weeks with gradual easing of restrictions throughout and all the while with a 5-15% vaccination rate.
They are numbers we can only dream about in this country. Let’s hope we learn from them, India, Indonesia and southern Africa and get out of this situation ASAP

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Friday, 3 Sep 2021 at 10:23pm

1. Rollout 2. Full Vaxed- Pass 3. Efficacy 4. Re/Mandate 5. Boosters 6. Mixed Vax 7. Flu-Covid Jab.
Media & Pollies aren't being open & honest and have never been close to presenting Rollout truthfully.

1. Oz Rollout Start Dates...(8 months earlier than Scomo's Jab)
South Australia Rollout - 2nd July 2020 - Vaxine 40 vaxerz ( 2x doses 3 weeks ) { Fully Vaxed}
Qld Rollout -13 July 2020 - v451 120/216 vaxers ( 2x doses 3 weeks ) { Fully Vaxed }

2. End of July 2020 - Fully Vaxed 1st Phases > { Gold Pass } ?
14th March 2021 - Oz PM is 9 months too late for First Vax Claim.
Ironically in March- Qld were already Mandating a booster for any of 120 Trial vaxerz on Frontline.

3. March 31st 2021 Vax Efficacy (8 months) Was v451 Vax called into question...Qld Govt
20th July 2021- Oz PM contracts booster shots > Note 4 months after Qld v451 Vaxerz were boosted.

4. 31st March 2021- Qld becomes World's 1st Fully Vaxed Mandate 2x Vax Frontline
26th Aug-Media Claim NSW is 1st to mandate Health = Only 1 dose-30th Sept (5 months late 1/2 true)

5. End of Feb - Oz / World First Boosters to any Qld v451 frontline Vaxer.
5 months on & Media refuse to report how many of our 160 Trial vaxerz have had a Booster! Wot?
They actually argue over when Booster will happen? (Cough!) It already has...likely 160 x over! OMG!

6. Australian Govt...Mixed Vaxes Illegal
It is highly likely one or more Trial participants are Frontline SA / Qld Medical Staff.
Consider Pfizer 1/2 doses = 3 weeks + 2 weeks = No Aussies were eligible for World first Qld Mandate.
Only SA / Qld 2x Trial vaxed were 'fully vaxed' for Qld Frontline Employment.
However! Govts still only accept Pfizer > AZ.

Meaning Qld v451 vaxers needed 2 boosters during Feb-'March-April' to Work on Qld Covid frontline.
Yes! Qldurrz with Mandated 4 Vax Shots for Frontline by April 2021 ...even if it were just one or a few.
1st April 2021 (from- end of July 2020) = 8 months > Trial Vaxerz Double Booster by end of April.

After 4 vaccines do these Aussies Qualify for a { Gold Pass } or Employment?
Oz Govt strictly refuse Mixed Vax & Boosters & would unlikely approve 4 vaxed Frontline Aussies
First to Trial Vax & World's first Mandated Vaccinated frontline... & would need to beg for a {Gold Pass}

Other Health workers reacted badly & Doctors Prescribed alt 2nd Vax....Now refused Frontline Work!
Over 20 countries mix Vax...including those supplying the same Oz vaxes in Question.

7. 27th May 2021 Flu/Covid Vax interval is revoked for Melbourne Lockdown.
Today's News : Qld Novavax "1st Flu/Covid Vax Trial" is about 3 months to late!

No question that dopey Anti Vax-Science Media elites are making Hesitants wait 5 years longer
1. Rollout (8 months Late...still waiting!)
2. Full Vaxed { Gold Pass } (9 months too Late...still waiting!)
3. Efficacy (8 months too late...still Waiting!)
4. Mandate (4 months too late...still lying!)
5. Boosters (5 Months too late...still waiting!)
6. Mixed Vax ( 6 months too late...still waiting!)
7. Covid Flu Jab ( 3 months too late...still lying)

Oz slips 5 years behind Covid reality in one year & claims WR #1 rank to frame a { Gold Pass }
If MSM put up their Pay Walls Oz could leap 5 years ahead & claw back time to tear up the { Gold Pass }.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 3 Sep 2021 at 10:38pm

but it's you that is rebranding murder karen...

still waiting...

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Friday, 3 Sep 2021 at 10:43pm

Yeah yeah def one that comes to mind immediately Craig. But then you think about this ‘Hyper-connectiveness’, is that even a thing? And you go on to realise that we don’t all live on Kangaroo Island, we have been in at least moderate to high connectiveness (what ever friggin scale that is), lots of ppl still low to moderate to occasionally high connecting daily no doubt, some hyper but others a bit less connecting, some more, yet Influenza A and B vanito...

wax24's picture
wax24's picture
wax24 Friday, 3 Sep 2021 at 11:12pm
san Guine wrote:

Mental health in times of COVID, lockdowns and the associated general societal malaise. Data seems to be a bit counter-intuitive and inconclusive:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/datablog/2021/sep/03/is-there...

Sanguine, I don't know about Oz, but, here in The States, we have been in a mental health crisis for some time now, regardless of the pandemic. No one has given it proper light, maybe until now. It would be a mistake to look at any data on current mental health without taking that into account. The link makes mention of that, but not as forcefully as the reality requires, imho.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Friday, 3 Sep 2021 at 11:38pm

Oz original vaxer Punk Nick is back in favour...see: Vaxine SA tbb's last comment.
After Scomo gave Nick the cold shoulder on account of Nick claiming Covid was likely engineered.
Axis of Evil wasted no time signing up Nick.
https://spikogen.com/
Feds are backing Arrotex who signed MOU with Punk Nick for $500m Vax Park in Victoria
Our very own Oz made Vax.
Note CSL did produce 8,000 Qld made Vax ...see above...
But this is the 1st solid backed Oz made Vax...said to be able to reduce Covid spread & flex for variants.
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/science/aussie-scientist-nikolai-petrov...

http://vaxine.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Arrotex-deal-with-Vaxine.pdf

Horas's picture
Horas's picture
Horas Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 12:09am

La Trobe Financial
Australia Covid Data 16 August 2021
Total test : 27,958,304
Total negative tests : 27,919,208
Total positive tests : 39,096
Total reported recoveries or not ill : 38,138
Total deaths with Covid : 958
Death with Covid under 80 years : 230
Death rate ( as % of positive tests ) : 2.48 %
Death rate ( as % of population ) : 0.0037 %
Chance of NOT dying of Covid-19 : 99.996 %
Negative rate : 99.86 %
Positive rate : 00.14 %
Recovery rate : 97.54 %
Deaths under 70 years old : 69
Mortality rate under 70 years old : 1 in 370,000
Current chance of under 70 ' s NOT dying : 99.9997 %
And here's another number : 390 businesses across OZ collapsed.
But the criminals in Government and the pond scum of the MSM are still doing alright . "We're all in this together " Ha Ha , Fuck off. Turd fondlers the lot of them.
What a fucken scam.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 4:54am

Craig -“ Flu can’t spread because of all the lockdowns, social distancing and personal hygiene.”

There’s almost 60,000 examples of Covid proving that theory is dead in the water. If the lockdowns, social distancing and personal hygiene were as fool proof as you’d have us believe there would be zero cases of Covid.

I have no idea whether flu has been rebranded as Covid but to claim that our provably ineffectual viral containment measures are responsible for the halt of flu spread seems silly.

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 6:37am

Isn’t that the first thing we understood about covid?
It’s highly contagious, way more than the flu

Pretty sure Kangaroo island was an analogy for Australia. Having worked 4 years going forwards & backwards on international flights, there was always 2 or 3 sick people on every flight blowing their nose and looking generally terrible, crammed in tight for a dozen or so hours with a couple hundred others all breathing the same cabin air. It’s pretty gross, I’d get mildly sick about once a fortnight but my poor wife copped it, bed ridden maybe once a month. I wonder how much this played out across all other passengers once they stepped off the plane and into their lives. I know it was normal for all crew to constantly get sick.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 6:43am

Mate, it’s not like the Delta is leaping from across valleys , from ridge to ridge like a wildfire. If people are in contact then the flu will spread. Claiming that flu doesn’t exist whilst Covid is going nuts is a bit ridiculous.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 6:45am

Scientists not backing Covid jabs for 12 to 15-year-olds. https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58438669

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 6:54am

Fair point and you could be right

But also, like a fire maybe it was to a large degree snuffed out because the world did stop most contact

We did enough to snuff out flu, and covid alpha

Could be a thing though, a testing flaw

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 7:16am

@JQ , now here’s a drug that will make billions for pharma company Merck . US signed up already at $700 USD a dose , TGA has granted provisional determination . Do you understand why a pharma company wouldn’t bother with a extremely cheap off label drug ? Lets all hope Mercks new drug is successful as something is badly needed . What’s its long term safety record ? Doesn’t have one but I’m sure it will be fine ………hopefully. https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210901005160/en/Merck-and-Ridge.... At that price I can’t see too many poorer nations racing out to buy some . They will have to stick with ivermectin.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 7:11am

The flu season was wiped out due to lockdown…flu does not spread like covid. Pretty easy to find this info..yet still the stupid refuse to accept basic scientific fact.

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 8:50am
wax24 wrote:
san Guine wrote:

Mental health in times of COVID, lockdowns and the associated general societal malaise. Data seems to be a bit counter-intuitive and inconclusive:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/datablog/2021/sep/03/is-there...

Sanguine, I don't know about Oz, but, here in The States, we have been in a mental health crisis for some time now, regardless of the pandemic. No one has given it proper light, maybe until now. It would be a mistake to look at any data on current mental health without taking that into account. The link makes mention of that, but not as forcefully as the reality requires, imho.

Hi Wax,
Agree, I was just interested in information on current mental health in the Australian context wrt COVID.
We do have a mental health crisis here too.
It's soul destroying watching the 'revolving door' of the mental health system. Patients present to hospital (often under s.351- that is bought in by police involuntarily), are treated and stabilised (depending on their presenting complaint -be that with meds, ECT, CBT etc.), then return to the community, go off their meds (usually because they believe they don't need them), get unwell again...and off we go again.
Not only that, prescription drug OD's are a huge issue (approx 80% of all OD's). I can't repeat any stories on here due to confidentiality and privacy constraints, but it is constant, without age or demographic bias and totally disheartening. Kudos to any mental health clinicians out there, you have a very tough and thankless gig.

Stay safe everyone, respect those around you and talk to someone (friend/family/medical professional) if you are having any suicidal thoughts.

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 9:13am
Horas wrote:

La Trobe Financial
Australia Covid Data 16 August 2021
Total test : 27,958,304
Total negative tests : 27,919,208
Total positive tests : 39,096
Total reported recoveries or not ill : 38,138
Total deaths with Covid : 958
Death with Covid under 80 years : 230
Death rate ( as % of positive tests ) : 2.48 %
Death rate ( as % of population ) : 0.0037 %
Chance of NOT dying of Covid-19 : 99.996 %
Negative rate : 99.86 %
Positive rate : 00.14 %
Recovery rate : 97.54 %
Deaths under 70 years old : 69
Mortality rate under 70 years old : 1 in 370,000
Current chance of under 70 ' s NOT dying : 99.9997 %
And here's another number : 390 businesses across OZ collapsed.
But the criminals in Government and the pond scum of the MSM are still doing alright . "We're all in this together " Ha Ha , Fuck off. Turd fondlers the lot of them.
What a fucken scam.

Hi Horas, have you got a link for where you got that? I duck duck goed but didn't find it

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 9:22am
Roadkill wrote:

The flu season was wiped out due to lockdown…flu does not spread like covid. Pretty easy to find this info..yet still the stupid refuse to accept basic scientific fact.

Cool story, bro. The flu is global and if Covid can avoid quarantine , as it has multiple times, then so can flu. There’s no science whatsoever to back up your “basic scientific fact” .But you got your snarky little comment in and that’s all that matters hey bloke.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 9:46am
sypkan wrote:

no way goofy

he looks like a nasty piece of work

but he ain't that stupid

pretty much no cop is...

Couldn't let this one go Sypkan......there was no intentional premeditated murder.....but as in a lot of the deaths by police and in custody , there is an intent to hurt, which in turns leads to death , so manslaughter is quite appropriate.....
When you mention BLM , there's an Aussie who plays basketball in the NBA , and captains Australia's olympic Boomers , he also was the Flag bearer for Australia...a proud Indigenous Aussie who represents his Country with Pride.....he gave away is whole 2020 NBA salary to BLM and is an Aussie who wants change and better life for for his indigenous brothers and sisters.
He is a remarkable intelligent gifted Australian who whole heartedly supports and is part of BLM.......as am I.....yeah a minority screw it up for everybody , but don't judge the majority on the minority's behaviour !
back to our real world....

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 10:06am

"...there is an intent to hurt, which in turns leads to death , so manslaughter is quite appropriate....."

absolutely brutus, totally agree

no context karan was using the word very differently, and painting a misleading picture to further his own agenda, misinformation if you will... and that was my point...

if he wasn't so triggered happy, he could actually read that I was saying it's understandable that people turn to violence if pushed enough... but that doesn't fit his constructed reality either...

nothing but respect for basketball man and his salary sacrafice... absolutely the highest of good onya's to him...

I know there's a lot of good around the cause

I also know we are in a dangerous place where some truths may not be told... and some crew are just pushing this twistedness more and more... and that shit needs nipping in the bud real quick...

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 10:08am
Blowin wrote:

Craig -“ Flu can’t spread because of all the lockdowns, social distancing and personal hygiene.”
There’s almost 60,000 examples of Covid proving that theory is dead in the water. If the lockdowns, social distancing and personal hygiene were as fool proof as you’d have us believe there would be zero cases of Covid.
I have no idea whether flu has been rebranded as Covid but to claim that our provably ineffectual viral containment measures are responsible for the halt of flu spread seems silly.

the Flu is not as contagious as Covid....or as damaging. .....especially as the Mitigation measures for Covid social distancing and masks which does slow down the Flu.

Blowin I recently asked you a question how you would feel if the Health system was overloaded with Covid cases to the point where if someone in your family needed Hospital care , but couldn't get it because it was full of Covid cases , most of them unvaccinated....how would you react?

As you can see now a lot more cases now , no chance of getting back to zero......so now out Health systems are buckling under the pressure....already people are dying because of an overloaded Hospitals/paramendics , workers etc....

have a read how Victoria is travelling...https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/system-overload-why-victoria...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 10:54am

Brutus….perhaps if neoliberalism, including it’s requirement for mass immigration, hadn’t destroyed the public health system, we might have had a fighting chance.

Blaming people who are vaccine hesitant for the situation today is simply more denying blame where it’s deserved- the government. From Scotty’s “It’s not a race” uselessness to provide vaccines for those who really needed and wanted them months ago to his destructive overloading of Australia’s infrastructure with immigrants, the responsibility for any hospital crises lies with him and his cronies.

Vaccine hesitant people aren’t responsible for anything happening today. If the majority of people are unvaccinated it’s because vaccines weren’t previously available.

Want proof? Here’s a perfect example from WA where there is not a single case of Covid and the hospitals are already fucked.

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/delays-mean-deaths...

Covid cases make up less than 15 percent of hospital visits. A normal flu season takes up more beds than the current Covid situation. I think your irrational fear is distorting your perspective. There are still no dying children, after 20 months of Covid, Australia has had just over 200 deaths under 70 years of age.

Stop consuming fear porn. It’s unhealthy. Fear will bring your cancer back and cancer kills far more people than Covid ever will.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 10:47am
Blowin wrote:

Again, COVID is much more contagious, hence Melbourne now unable to contain it even after locking down from day dot.

Also there is likely to be some influenza around but likely last years strain, which becomes less of an issue the next season. It's the constantly morphing strains being transmitted from Southern Hemi to Northern Hemi during the cold seasons that keeps it going. This has been shut off from Australia.

Tell ya what living in Sydney and Manly where we've had minimal COVID cases there's hardly been anyone showing cold like symptoms etc compared to a normal winter with coughing and snifflers everywhere.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 10:48am

Would love to get some data on tissue sales/cold and flu sales to make some comparisons. As I'd expect them to be down on previous years to the subdued transmission of influenza.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 10:58am

hear bloody hear! (to blowin)

and melbourne health system struggling?

what the hell have you been doing dandrews?

how many fucking dummy runs do you need?

the amount of useless printed money siphoned off through this pandemic is astounding, we should have an absolute gold standard equipped ready health system by now...

it's bloody disgraceful

and before anyone rattles off about nurse shortages... pretty sure one nurse and 5 newly trained wardies and/or army reservists can spin an old bod...

the unworkable bureaucray, and concrete feet entrenchment inflexibility of various sectors has been laid bare in this pandemic, it was stifling and obvious before the pandemic to anyone not part of the dead wood machine... now it's just embarrassing...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 10:52am
Craig wrote:

Would love to get some data on tissue sales/cold and flu sales to make some comparisons. As I'd expect them to be down on previous years to the subdued transmission of influenza.

I know quite a few people who e been sick with flu symptoms and we’ve laughed about it being the Rona. Then they test negative. Just cause they didn’t go to the doctor doesn’t mean they didn’t have flu.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 10:53am
Blowin wrote:
Craig wrote:

I know quite a few people who e been sick with flu symptoms and we’ve laughed about it being the Rona. Then they test negative. Just cause they didn’t go to the doctor doesn’t mean they didn’t have flu.

Wow interesting, I know hardly anyone here who's been sick at all.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 11:02am

SA 'ramping' at flinders a regular occurance pre corona..

thank fuck adeliade's a back water, it'd be a disaster if something actually happened

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 11:03am

Yeah Adelaide is going to be in huge trouble, hopefully they're planning ahead.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 11:08am
Blowin wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Cool story, bro. The flu is global and if Covid can avoid quarantine , as it has multiple times, then so can flu. There’s no science whatsoever to back up your “basic scientific fact” .But you got your snarky little comment in and that’s all that matters hey bloke.

Princess snowflake easily triggered blowin
How’s that proof re Rogan being unvaccinated? Lol.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 11:15am

Just a bit on flu vs covid.

Covid particles (especially delta) can move under doors and hang in the air far longer and in higher particles than the flu or common cold. Also the ability of shedded covid to move with airflow means it is easier to catch. Usually the flu is a winter based infection and lessens in summer, however covid is different, in summer and hotter locations (think florida & Aus) a lot of the population move indoors and use aircond..thus covid will spread in winter and summer. The flu does not compare to covid.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 11:32am

@ Craig , in tweed heads we didn’t have flu but a viral throat infection did the rounds for a few months, plus that cough that kids get ( forget the name ) it went on for ages through the daycares. Don’t ya just love those little day care germ labs .

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 11:51am

Vaxine (Adelaide) similar to novovax ( has adjuvant). Both are protein sub unit vaccines. Apparently safer? $51 mil govt spent on deal to import novovax .Still coming? If so when? Or Sold off? Replaced by covax19 ( vaxine) manufactured in oz once trials are done? ( been reading about it too Tbb). When will the govt tell us what’s going on? If there is a delay -why? Where is transparency ? We have a right to know . Or is it pushed under carpet for steering upcoming electoral votes ?

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 12:03pm
Blowin wrote:

Brutus….perhaps if neoliberalism, including it’s requirement for mass immigration, hadn’t destroyed the public health system, we might have had a fighting chance.
Blaming people who are vaccine hesitant for the situation today is simply more denying blame where it’s deserved- the government. From Scotty’s “It’s not a race” uselessness to provide vaccines for those who really needed and wanted them months ago to his destructive overloading of Australia’s infrastructure with immigrants, the responsibility for any hospital crises lies with him and his cronies.
Vaccine hesitant people aren’t responding for anything happening today. If the majority of people are unvaccinated it’s because vaccines weren’t previously available.

Blowin , what mass immigration ?

the health system is not destroyed!

The Federal and State Governments have all made mistakes , and yes we pay the price....NSW and Vic now have real problems coming in the next 2 mths....Labor and Liberal same political bullshit !

so far its not the vaccine hesitant , but the unvaccinated who are really starting to clog up the system....try and imagine in another mth how overloaded NSW/Vic health systems will be as we are just getting started with more and more infections and hospitalizations!

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 12:03pm
sypkan wrote:

the amount of useless printed money siphoned off through this pandemic is astounding, we should have an absolute gold standard equipped ready health system by now...

it's bloody disgraceful

and before anyone rattles off about nurse shortages... pretty sure one nurse and 5 newly trained wardies and/or army reservists can spin an old bod...

the unworkable bureaucray, and concrete feet entrenchment inflexibility of various sectors has been laid bare in this pandemic, it was stifling and obvious before the pandemic to anyone not part of the dead wood machine... now it's just embarrassing...

Yeh Sypkan,
That's all that nurses do... "and before anyone rattles off about nurse shortages... pretty sure one nurse and 5 newly trained wardies and/or army reservists can spin an old bod..."
Out of touch with reality. Nursing is such an easy job...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 12:05pm

@saltyone here’s a interview with the Director from the team heading up the Adelaide vaccine. Forget the title in the story that’s only briefly talked about .

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 12:11pm
sypkan wrote:

it's bloody disgraceful

I think the next mth or so we are going to start to see the shortcomings of our National Health system....and it doesn't matter if it's a Labor or Liberal State...Labor in WA just cancelled 50% of elective surgery's just in case Covid hits...

NSW and Vic are going to have more and more infections/hospitalizations and need for ICU's......its going to be an incredibly tough 2 mths coming up for everybody , as Delta spreads and infects us all by.....Xmas???

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 12:23pm

Brutus - “ .its going to be an incredibly tough 2 mths coming up for everybody , as Delta spreads and infects us all by.....Xmas???”

That’s a bit alarmist don’t you think?
Sounds like a Herald Sun headline.
Everyone is doomed!

And no I’m not down playing the seriousness of covid and the risk it provides to out hospital system, I just think phrases like that aren’t helpful.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 12:38pm
goofyfoot wrote:

Brutus - “ .its going to be an incredibly tough 2 mths coming up for everybody , as Delta spreads and infects us all by.....Xmas???”

That’s a bit alarmist don’t you think?
Sounds like a Herald Sun headline.
Everyone is doomed!

And no I’m not down playing the seriousness of covid and the risk it provides to out hospital system, I just think phrases like that aren’t helpful.

goofyfoot. I will let you in on a little bit of pertinent information re seriousness of Delta. My wife is an allied health professional. Last year, when we were seeing hundreds of cases a day, she was still classified as an essential worker.

Three weeks ago, with only a dozen or so new cases a day, her medical association sent out a new set of protocols. No face-to-face treatments unless it will prevent an ER presentation. This will see patients struggling in pain, so it's not a decision taken lightly.

I reckon the medicos knew what was coming a month ago, and it's not pretty.

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 1:06pm

Thanks superfreak .
Very interesting.
It is indeed complex. He seems intelligent well spoken and had some thoughtful things to say I felt, especially regarding government and limited advice they have been given and then also give out. Choice they made when agreements signed I would say.
Vested interest is also a factor as well to consider but they( vaccine makers) all have vested interest.
As Tbb said having locally made owned would b advantage depending on how it’s run and who is in charge .
Still think it should be not a coercion and we all need to have a Preferential choice much like election votes.

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 1:26pm

I have met Nikolai at a number of functions over previous years. He is a nice fella, persistent and heart is in the right place. However, like all of us he’s pushing shit up hill with this agenda.

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 1:26pm

I have met Nikolai at a number of functions over previous years. He is a nice fella, persistent and heart is in the right place. However, like all of us he’s pushing shit up hill with this agenda.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 1:27pm

VL note I said “I’m not playing down the seriousness of covid”…

Do you think we will all have been infected by Christmas?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 1:42pm

@saltyone , he will do well out of it no doubt if this vaccine is successful. “A transmission-blocking effect would be a game changer as this is what is currently needed to stop further virus outbreaks,” says Professor Petrovsky. https://news.flinders.edu.au/blog/2021/08/16/vaccine-trials-planned-afte...

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Saturday, 4 Sep 2021 at 2:15pm

Supafreak Vid...Crew Salute ( Nikolai Petrovsky & Aussie Vax )

SA - Vaxine > (Covax-19) > Double Vaccinated 1st Aussies in July 2020 ( 8 months before #1 Scomo)
https://www.clinicaltrialsarena.com/news/australia-covid-19-vaccine-trial/
https://vaxine.net/
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2772371221000048

Punk Nick called out Scomo's Wet Market Safari & claimed Covid was Lab engineered...
Instantly censored, stripped of funds & banned from Oz...that was the end of our Aussie Vax Punk...
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-11/nikolai-petrovsky-urges-federal-f...

{ The Letter }...sign here...X..... ( Official #1 Punk Lab Rat) Now banned by World Anti Science Mobsters!
https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttools/covid-origins-letter/5c9743168205...

Oz Vax Punk crosses over to the Darkside...sign here...X...( Now the Official Axis of Evil cat stroker )
Iran - CinnaGen Co > (Spikogen) < Sinister sounding Axis of Evil Punk Vax name
https://www.smh.com.au/business/entrepreneurship/in-iran-an-aussie-start...
https://spikogen.com/

Scomo / Dutto have kittens & initiate a National Security Vax intervention
A full on Punk Vax Spikogen Exorcism

Enlist new Oz partners Advax - Sypharma + SA Vaxine + ( Iran CinnaGen / Pure Evil-Maybe! )
https://www.sypharma.com.au/covax-19-2/

Govt backed Victoria - Arrowtex signed $500m Deal for Nick as top player in Vic Vax Park
http://vaxine.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Arrotex-deal-with-Vaxine.pdf

Waiting for Oz Govt backing > ( Iran - CinnaGen have signed with Nick to push out 1m doses/wk )
Original SA vaxerz from July 2020 may finally be awarded a { Gold Pass }