CHINA!!!!

factotum's picture
factotum started the topic in Tuesday, 29 Jan 2019 at 5:09pm

Anything from the extensive menu!!!!

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Thursday, 28 Feb 2019 at 10:25pm

Thanks, fascinating read. Hopefully the anti-CRISPR technology can be developed enough to give the fine control you'd need to do targeted therapeutic editing safely - seems promising, but a while off.
Interesting too r.e the IP lawsuits - I wasn't aware of that.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 3 Mar 2019 at 5:02pm

Sadly , I foresee Australia becoming just another province of China by 2050.

I think that they’ll probably have the top end well before that. I’d be surprised if the defence forces haven’t already envisioned a modern variant of the Brisbane line, but they’re kidding themselves.

China will just take what it hasn’t already acquired.

https://www.afr.com/business/agriculture/crops/the-next-cubbie-station-c...

The acquiescence of Darwin will be a medium term formality.

It’s only the US interests in the North West which has slowed them down to date. If you’ve ever wondered what Australia gains from allowing US companies to harvest our gas resources without taxation and with negligible royalties, the security they provide is your answer.

Please tell me why a Chinese state owned company needs its own airstrip adjacent to its deep water port , desal plant , fuel depot and accomodation .

Karratha airport is 50 kms down a dead straight road without a single turn or traffic light. Karratha airport serviced the construction and production stages of this mine without problem for years before the new airport was built. Do you actually expect me to believe that a mining company would spend millions and millions of dollars constructing and maintaining an airstrip in order to improve worker comfort or improve fatigue management !

Literally unbelievable.

China wanted to build this airstrip from day one and run it and their mine with entirely Chinese workforce and the government resisted for years on security reasons. Why did they get it approved now ? The government is quietly shitting themselves and are appeasing the Chinese incrementally in order to prolong the inevitable.

Exceptions being those politicians currently white anting our democracy and rule over this land through their corrupt enabling of the stealthy Chinese incursion .

spuddyjack's picture
spuddyjack's picture
spuddyjack Sunday, 3 Mar 2019 at 4:52pm

Thanks for speaking out on this Blowin - Absolutely spot on.

The same nefarious white ants selling out our country cry racism (as appalling and desperate subterfuge) to try and stymie any discourse around this.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 3 Mar 2019 at 5:21pm

Not sure why we flog our land to any foreign national. It makes no sense at all.
On foreign policy while the west was busy needlessly interfering in the Middle East over the last 20 years it let China just do whatever it wanted and expand where it wanted. South China Sea, what's that all about? Oh, successive governments here have cut back foreign aid to the Pacific and to our north, no problem the Chinese have filled the void, WTF are we so stupid? Yes it seems so.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 3 Mar 2019 at 5:33pm

Complacent and corrupt

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 5 Mar 2019 at 8:06am

Smartest group of people on the earth, this dude nailed it.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 1 Apr 2019 at 7:59pm

Tremendously catchy!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 1 Apr 2019 at 8:32pm

Demonstrably not as your need to repost proves.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 1 Apr 2019 at 9:46pm

Caught you, Blowfish.

Tremendous!!!!

Now what's China up to today I wonder?

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 1 Apr 2019 at 9:49pm

Or tomorrow? Or next week/month/year??

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 9:54am

Will Australia be the location of the potential proxy war between US and China ?

A very large and valuable prize for the victor , remote from their populations and symbolic in demography.

Freedom of navigation exercises may be a way to find out.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 10:23am

China simply takes Oz land now & we're far too lazy to give a shit.

Dutto goes spazz over outta town Cairns Crab potters or a Pommie Jetski jumper.
Chinese Antarctic Bases on Oz territory have been off Dutto's radar for 10 years.
China decides when Oz can visit Secret Antarctic Bases on Oz Territory.

World believes that makes Oz war'crims in any GPS based military strikes on West.

Think!
*Yanks (lease) Pine Gap GPS Base (vs) Chinese (free) South Pole GPS Bases.
*Johnnies roll in the hay with the butcher mid Coalition of Killing (Iraq Invasion)

*PM discovers Antarctic Weapons of Mass Destruction on secret Chinese Base.
World choruses :"Too bad so sad Oz!"

Piss poor Aussies are grouse at spreading vegemite on both sides of our toast.

Coward Dutto got the guts to shine a torch on squatters in the basement freezer.
World say gutless Aussies are surfing South China Sea wave to the South Pole.

"Ruddy rude Aussies neva runce change igloobnb sheetz nor rave...ni hao!"
tbb is so sorry to Chinese Army squatters...I was way outta line to our masters.

China will soon be making a territorial claim on Oz territory & Oz will roll over & die.
The world awaits Oz PM reply : "Up your nose with a rubber hose!"
I think we've just turned Chinese...I really know so!

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 12:45pm

Where were u all when Aussie companies moved production to China????
This is hilarious.. Anyhow, enjoy the quicky pro yeah?

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 1:08pm

Wise old jungle saying "god made the earth China made everything else "

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 1:18pm

How is it hilarious, Sheepy ?

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 2:06pm

http://fmshooter.com/climate-change-alarmists-routinely-ignore-chinese-f...

"China, the world’s leading emitter of greenhouse gases from coal, has been burning up to 17 percent more coal a year than the government previously disclosed, according to newly released data. "

Some absolutely damning charts and stats in there. If it continues, and the link between CO2 and AGW is correct as modelled, looks like a 4m+ sea level rise is going to happen then.

You will surely mostly agree that it's time for a conversation on this topic, otherwise CO2 will never be reduced,

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 3:23pm

Try work this sucker out and how it even got the steam it did.

Apparently even has a hospice planned. Wonder how that works??

https://www.news.com.au/travel/australian-holidays/tasmania/china-sets-i...

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 4:13pm

All true vj but do you really think China is going to get serious when their per capita emissions are still less than half of ours and the US? This is the point idiots like Abbott just don't get. China aspires to a standard of living just as high as the west and if we are prepared to be irresponsible about how we maintain our standard of living, then they will do the same. The richest nations on the planet need to lead. The EU has made a good start. We, and other large wealthy emitters need to catch up if we want China to control their emissions,

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 4:44pm

Ever noticed that China is never at fault or responsible according to Blindboy ? There’s always an excuse to defend them.

And he thinks that we should lead China because we are wealthier ! Are you sure about that , BB ?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 4:47pm

Don’t forget that a large percentage of Australia’s carbon footprint is accountable to foreign owned coal mines and industrial agricultural including its associated clear felling .

Who owns a large percentage of these ......China.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 5:00pm

........... and the process has enriched us all. But watch out Blowin my mates at Huawei have got the flux capacitor down to the size of a mobile phone. Any further exposure of our evil schemes and they will zap you straight to Beijing in 2050 and leave you standing naked in Tianamenn Square!

More seriously, if you can't be bothered understanding China then you increase your vulnerability. As I have said several times before China will be ruthless in its self interest but is unlike.y to become a direct military threat. If you think that that constitutes denying fault, then we are clearly speaking different languages.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 5:00pm

Yeah , you’re speaking fluent Denial with an accent of Apologism.

You won’t have to send me to Beijing to be surrounded by Chinese. I was just in Sydney it’s not far off already.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 5:01pm

BB
The earth doesn't care about per capita numbers. It cares about total output.

China 9,040,740,000 metric tonnes 2015
Australia 380,930,000 metric tonnes 2015

Also, India and China are classified as developing nations yet have Space Programs.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 5:02pm

And if those numbers are 17% under-reported, that's 10,577,655,800 tonnes in 2015.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 5:05pm

They are the worlds leading solar manufacturer, no? Leading in rare earth metals and battery tech? They can have a similarly wealthy, cleaner lifestyle - but why do they make the same mistake we made, building hundreds of coal fired power plants?

My last trip through the Hunter Valley, it was going gangbusters, rush hour extended 120kms inland, new mine being built, heaps of contractors, going absolutely flat tack.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 5:10pm

Stay ignorant mate. It would be a pity to spoil a perfect record of illogical drivel. What do we want? Higher wages, lower immigration, Australian manufacturing, better protection from the great Satan to our north, reductions in overseas investment, less development, better roads, schools, hospitals. Ha ha ha good luck with tonight's budget and keep listening to the little folk at the bottom of the garden, your views are always worth a laugh.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 5:13pm

& yes it is discouraging to see the pics of industrial carnage come from China - when you consider the religious views are very much in tune with nature and the flow of energy through it. Very old beliefs and techniques with a rightful connection to the earth and universe around us. I do hope they preserve and rejuvenate their landscapes.

Is Australia cleaner today than in the past? What are we doing well at present - would these ideas have some influence?

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 5:15pm

Don't know if that one was aimed at me, but you are welcome to your interpretation.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 5:15pm

vj, you are right. I am just explaining their position. Their people aspire to our lifestyle and they will do their best to provide it, including the prestige of space programs. I am always surprised when people expect developing nations to do the heavy lifting while we continue to enrich ourselves by failing to reduce our emissions. Through their eyes we are just greedy bastards, which is how history will judge Australians over this period.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 5:19pm

One point tho - that better protection bit: there is an Asian arms race going on, and historical review of those of the past suggest that when others do, it is generally wiser to respond in kind rather than do nothing.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 5:23pm

What are we doing well at the present? Well a significant percentage of us are having a whale of a time at the expense of the environment, cheap labour in developing countries, complete irresponsibility in the face of a global refugee crisis and exploitation of local cheap labour, including our children's. So our greatest current achievement? An absolute zen-like mastery of the the art of detachment from just about everything except raw self-interest.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 5:28pm

Ah ok, got that. I've definitely seen their happy surprise at our environment, and interacted with them in their enjoyment of it - it's a nice thing that brings people together. One lady mentioned northern China would be -35 to -50 with strong bitterly cold winds, so she really enjoyed being out here in Oz.

They have an opportunity (as we do) with the new technology being innovated - China could go very green and be in harmony with nature while still being much of the world's workshop. Or perhaps we could as well - this post is completely solar powered for example, and I nurse the old PC so as not to need a new one. Less waste. Plastics replaced with woods. Resins going enviro. Solar steelmills. etc. Cars going electric, hydrogen fuels from ammonia like CSIRO has achieved with their membrane. With all this positive opportunity, I scratch my head at the number of coal plants going up.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 5:31pm

Every single point you just made applies to China infinitely more than it does Australia.....yet you hate Australia.

Fuck off to China then.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 6:08pm

"Love it or leave it you bloody mongrel!" Classic retro attitude. Whee hoo back to '72.

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 6:18pm

Better cough up that 50% tax on those stock windfalls mate. Cause the smaller more protectionist Australia, with an aging population, won't function without out. How long do you plan on living? What bout your kids?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 6:26pm

Indeed love it or leave it.

Why don’t you go tread water off Cheviot beach till the mini sub arrives ?

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 6:52pm

Watch out Blowin, those Huawei agents are closing in, better stay out of Sydney!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 7:22pm

It's actually not too bad a place to briefly visit as a tourist.

12 hours was just about enough.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 8:06pm

Hahahaha.

Like Indo D with the Islamic faith, you ARE a Chinese expert!

FFS.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 8:14pm

You think I should have stayed long enough to write a thesis ?

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 8:35pm

I've been a couple of times, I think it's quite a fascinating place to visit.

(If you count Vancouver, make that a half a dozen times.)

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 9:27pm

Yeah you would have been a real fish out of water over there Blowin.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019 at 9:50pm

Blowie, you couldn't write a coherent essay that passes muster about most anything.

And don't start trying to shoot the messenger. I'm just going by your daily input on here over the journey.

Lucky you're a woeful 'shot', I guess.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 7 Apr 2019 at 7:23am

Expel Tony Wang from Australia ASAP

Official censure to the Chinese government regarding their interference in our sovereignty. Bring this to a head sooner rather than later. The Chinese control of Chinese diaspora is official CCP policy. Should this not be recognised in our immigration policy ?

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/how-china-s-consulate-bullied-lo...

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Sunday, 7 Apr 2019 at 9:10am

The Chinese government is looking after it's own interests, cant' blaim them for that, it is pathetic and frustrating that our officials didn't look after our interests rather than kowtowing to a foreign government

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 10 Apr 2019 at 8:23am

Exactly......this thing is riddled through our democracy like cancer.

https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2019/04/turnbull-plunges-parliament-int...

From Dutton’s mouth in 2017:

Opposition Leader Bill Shorten has today dumped Dastyari from his role as Deputy Senate Whip after a leaked tape heard the senator defending China’s policy on the South China Sea.

But Immigration Minister Peter Dutton has told 2GB’s Ray Hadley it’s simply not good enough.

“You can’t have a double agent in the Australian parliament.”

Shorten is up to his neck in it too.

Royal commission now !

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 13 May 2019 at 1:12pm

Here ya go...

"Two Chinese who have just gained residency through university attendance in Australia can bring in their 4 parents who would only be in their mid forties.

These parents will work for cash and DECIMATE wages even further in our country.

Uncapped immigration . Hundreds of thousands of foreigners - millions- paying zero tax and changing Australia for ever.

We will be a minority in our own country within a decade.

Put the Labor party last !

Critical turning point for our nation."

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 13 May 2019 at 6:10pm

Im not getting involved in that other thread and current discussion.

But I do have to say if only all our immigrants were Chinese, generally hard working and peaceful.

Dont hear of many Chinese gangs causing issues on our streets, or Chinese terrorist, or Australia needing to change society to adapt to Chinese or Buddhist values.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 13 May 2019 at 6:31pm