What's what?

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon started the topic in Friday, 6 Nov 2015 at 7:48pm

AN ALL-ENCOMPASSING KALEIDOSCOPIC JOIN-THE-DOTS/ADULT COLOURING BOOK EXPERIMENTAL PROJECT IN NARCISSISTIC/ONANISTIC BIG PICTURE PARASITIC FORUM BLEEDING.

LIKE POLITICAL LIFE, PARTICIPATION IS WELCOME, ENCOURAGED EVEN, BUT NOT NECESSARY.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 23 Dec 2016 at 7:06pm

Twas 3 nights before xmas, my true love said to me, a terror raid across all tv's.....

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 23 Dec 2016 at 7:27pm

In the last two years I've bought a surfboard and a leg rope. And a set of fins.

And a pair of boardies.

Plus a few second hand books, maybe a dozen.

Can't really think of anything else to be honest.

It's all I've needed.

Not that into buying shit really.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 23 Dec 2016 at 10:28pm

22 dec 2014..... major terror raid in Australia... All over the news...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-24/two-men-arrested-by-counter-terror...

22 dec 2015...... Major terrorist raid in Australia... All over the news

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2015/12/22/two-arrested-in-latest-count...

My local bookie wasn't aware of this.. So last week i got 500 to 1 that a major terrorist raid would happen on the 22nd...... Fuckn cleaned up......

3 years in a row.... What would be the odds on 3 years in a row? Does anyone wanna do a syndicate ticket for dec 22 2017?

Yes, i'm being a smart arse...... But maybe we should make the 22nd of december "raid day".... All have bbq's, eat pig on the spit..
ffs......

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 23 Dec 2016 at 10:49pm

You would expect the Christmas to New Year period would be one of the most high risk times for a terrorism attack not just in the west but even places like Indonesia etc, apart from the symbolic aspect of a Christian based celebration you also have a number of events where large numbers of people gather.

I guess they just pull the pin on groups or plots they have been monitoring either if they know they are planned for this period or just incase.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 23 Dec 2016 at 11:18pm

Sheepy... so we invade the Muslim countries, provoke the Muslim name internationally, the Muslims receive prompting from the influential Muslims - whether genuine reactionarys or western shit stirrers .....and you are still doubtful that actual terrorism threats exist ?

Now that's naïveté .

Muslim / infidel tensions have always existed.

Thailand, Philippines are conveniently removed from the Middle East and from Sheepdog's white guilt theorem enough to prove that conflict does exist in a vacuum of Western influence.

Some muslims hate us.

If you ever travelled to a Muslim country you'd realise this.

Accept it. Deal with it.

The Feds ?

Yeah, sometimes they are just Australians like you and me , doing their job and protecting us.

Not always....

But sometimes they are looking out for us.

Accept some realities.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 23 Dec 2016 at 11:56pm

Indo and blowin..... Did you even "take in" what i wrote? Are you telling me that it's just pure coincidence that major media coverage a terror raids happen on exactly the same day, 22nd dec, 2014, 2015, and 2016? Are you both for real?
Indo, when 3 years in a row just a couple of days before easter, or just before Australia day, or Anzac day, or Armistace day this occurs, I'll gladly accept your "high risk times".... Mate we're not talking 19th, dec, 22 dec and 29th dec...... Exactly the same day.... Same night.... Almost same time of night...... Followed by almost same media saturation...

Blowin.... You really have a shocking habit of twisting and puting words into peoples mouths... Please stop it, man...... Where did I say I'm "doubtful that actual terrorism threats exist"? I didn't... of course they exist.... Remember Hoddle st? Whisky a go go bombing? Port Arthur? That lone wolf teen muslim in Sydney? But tell me..... Did they all occur at 9.30pm on the 22nd of december 3 years in a row?
If you don't accept the spin about climate change from certain parts of the government (even Abbott had his green army), why are you so trusting and accepting of this? Yes perhaps they were plannig something? But why do the powers that be orchestrate raids on the same night, just before xmas, to unsettle everyone? They were watching them for weeks.... And whatever happened to "we dont talk about operational matters"?? "Oh unless its days before xmas, then we scare the bejesus out of everyone so no one notices disgraced former minister Jamie Briggs has been given a cosy "job for the boys", and that Turnbull gave a dodgy grant to Bjørn Lomborg centre , or that the rising unemployment stat just before xmas is off the radar" etc...... ffs bro....... You're smarter than this.... i fuckn know you are..... Cheers.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Saturday, 24 Dec 2016 at 9:57pm

That is bizarre but then the AFPigs are fucken Repressive State Apparatuses par excellence. Check them copping flack for their TURC over-reach as we speak. ACAB

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 24 Dec 2016 at 8:40am

So Sheepdog what's your point then?

Is this a conspiracy theory of some kind?

Is it a conspiracy about when the police do a raid or when the media report it?

Id say the media just cover events when they happen or get the info they happened, like when they do raids at other times of the year.

BTW. The raids that happened in 2014 where done on the 18th December with much bigger raids done on 18th September.

Unless you think they can somehow post the article before the raids happened?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-18/nsw-and-federal-police-raid-homes-...

Your ABC link from 2014 was first posted on the 24th December and then updated on the 25th December, so where does the 22nd date come from?

Even the arrest were not done on the 22nd they were done on the 23rd?

The link you posted for 2015 was posted on December 23rd

And there is also news stories on raids posted on the 9th and 10th of December 2015

Yeah okay seems police did raids on the the 22nd both in 2015 and 2016, maybe they were using the theory they wouldn't expect raids to happen on the same date?

Who knows but two raids done on the same date is not really a pattern or evidence of anything especially when other raids have happened around that time of the year.

Yeah so sorry I'm confused, i think you are just cherry picking dates while ignoring others.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Saturday, 24 Dec 2016 at 8:50am

Sheepdog, you're looking for patterns that don't exist. This Wikipedia page lists counter-terrorism raids on the following dates:

8 September 2014
30 September 2014
10 February 2015
8 May 2015
23 December 2016

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Australian_counter-terrorism_raids

Yes they've missed two of your December dates but I suspect there are other dates of counter-terrorism raids that are not listed here too.

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Saturday, 24 Dec 2016 at 9:06am

I'm with sheepie on being very wary of these raids. Hard to know whether it was groups with bombs ready to go, or a couple of kids with a screwdriver and bad intent, and you won't know from reports. Until it gets to court and police have to provide their evidence it's all pretty vague.

The police, state and federal, play up the media something fierce, and the media play it up to the public equally. A fearful populace is a good populace. Heard Malcolm Turnbull saying something about the AFP, best police force in the world blah blah blah. Made a bit of vomit reach the back of my throat.

Hako o hakonde ni-biki no inu's picture
Hako o hakonde ni-biki no inu's picture
Hako o hakonde ... Saturday, 24 Dec 2016 at 9:36am

Fuckin idiots, I can see the link quite clearly. All those dates have either an M or a Y in them and Muslim has an M in it and the Muslim name of Yaafi has a Y, Keep up the good work Sheepy. With men like you on the job we'll crack the code and we'll be one step ahead.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 24 Dec 2016 at 10:31am

I think indod is on the money, you can only surveil people for so long, and you can only contain your angry fervor for so long, before the silly season makes both parties trigger happy

do you guys really believe they'd do that to sway public fear/compliance?

I know politicians use it for political gain, but I very much doubt there's the deep christmas conspiracy sheepdog's suggesting

also, for those inclined to push the conspiracy idea and say things like

"....oh we've only had ten muslim terrorists and/or events versus (similar or greater number) of other terrorist group events..."

combining every right wing, every christian, every psychopath, every crime grievance, family court grievance etc. etc.to beef up numbers and compare them to a small number of successful muslim terrorist events is naive and misleading at best

and most importantly, it does not consider the amount of police and government resources clogged up, utilised and diverted from other issues to maintain that small number. it does not consider the millions of dollars and infinite energy concentrated on a supposedly 'minimal threat'

and while civil liberties people seem kind of OCD, it also doesn't account the encroaching police state on what was once a pretty free and easy Australia

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 24 Dec 2016 at 10:36am

It's really just a case of damned if they do and damned if they don't for governments and police.

Do what they can to prevent a terrorist attack and people whinge that they are trying to scare the public and use fear to control the masses etc

But if they did little or didn't act on leads no matter how small, the same people will whinge and point fingers at the government and police, why didn't they warn us?...why didn't they stop this when they had intel?...why didn't they prevent this from happening?

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Saturday, 24 Dec 2016 at 11:46am

yep.....make the 22nd "raid day". and on that day ill celebrate our police doing their job and locking up the next lunatic thats ready to drive a bus through a crowd.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 24 Dec 2016 at 12:27pm

Edit ---- Ben Matson, I'm not used to you being that lazy.... You wouldn't use wikipedia for surf info... So why use it for terrorism info? Click on my first link.... The 2014 link.... ABC news .... fairly reliable source........ Better still I'll save you the time and copy part of the article;

"Australian Federal Police said members of the Joint Counter Terrorism Team made the arrests late on Tuesday with New South Wales Police as part of Operation Appleby."

The tuesday night before the 25/12/14........ What date was that , Ben? It was the 23rd? So.... Am I out 1 day? 1 day? Bit closer that wiki, yeah?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 24 Dec 2016 at 12:32pm

Just checking the second link - arrests formally made on the 23rd dec 2015

"Ms Burn said yesterday’s arrests were based on documents seized in the raids "
Different source, same date;
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/nsw-counterterrorism-police-ar...

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 24 Dec 2016 at 12:43pm

Aaaaand arrests were actually made on the 23/12/2016..... Overnight raids...... So sorry guys, "national terror day" has officially been moved to the 23rd....... Sorry for any inconvenience.

Indo..... You are absolutely missing the point, as is happy, as is hako (but that's no surprise with hako).... Indo, lets just say all 3 raids and arrests were totally legitimiate, even though after the hoo hah, charges were dropped on the 2014 suspects, lets just say its all true...
Why not just quietly do your job, and follow the governemnt mantra of "we do not comment on operational matters"? Why scare the crap out of kids 2 days before xmas, why notify every terrorist associate publicly that you are onto them? If its true, every associate is going to ground.... Yeah some would've know about the raids.... But after this mass propaganda ALL would know about the raids.....
But if it makes Happy and blowin "feel safe", if it makes hako choke on his mid strength beer, I suppose its not all bad. lol

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Saturday, 24 Dec 2016 at 1:04pm

SD...i get it, dont worry. BTW its very good sleuthing. ill give you that.

and there are multiple ways to look at the same information and come up with different theories. even though i dont agree with you, your "fear" theory is valid.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 24 Dec 2016 at 4:29pm

"Why not just quietly do your job, and follow the governemnt mantra of "we do not comment on operational matters"?

For a few reasons.

1. To ensure the public understands that a terrorist attack can and most likely will happen in Australia at some stage, because there is a lot of people out there that don't think it can happen in Australia.

2. Obviously the government and authority's get some kind of brownie points when they do foil a planned terrorist attack.

3. If or when it does happen one day at-least authorities can say we have prevented many other attacks, if it was kept all secret and they said the same thing, we would all go, yeah sure your full of crap.

4. Political, if an attack does happen under Labour or Liberal, the opposition party could point fingers saying they didn't do enough to prevent it, and then also say look at how many attacks we prevented.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 24 Dec 2016 at 3:37pm

good points indod

sheepdog had me for a minute there with his trumpesque "....why announce it to the world"

especially the first one, some aussies are ignorant to the point of being arrogant

a bit of Australian exceptionalism going on

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 24 Dec 2016 at 3:41pm

Happy, You've heard of Mark Twain?
"“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 24 Dec 2016 at 7:29pm

Maybe the attacks were being planned for Christmas and the evidence amassed exponentially as these muppets started to froth harder with a rapidly approaching go point ?

Maybe the would be terrorists got sloppy with their guard and revealed some damning and time sensitive information to the cops ?

Maybe the cops gave the bastards as much rope as they could in order to amass an incontradictable body of evidence as would be necessary to condemn them in court ?

Maybe you're right .... but maybe you're wrong.

And why am I more sceptical of government action on terrorism than on climate change ?

Because terrorism is a far more acute and tangible reality when you've previously partied at a nightclub where a couple of hundred people were blown to pieces and when you've encountered some of the seedier characters getting around the worlds most populous Muslim nation that lies on our doorstep.

Batfink : Whilst our Federal police aren't perfect , I'd say without hesitation that they would be the equal of any police in the world in my wholly unsubstantiated opinion, due merely to the comparative lack of corruption in Australia.

Comparative being the operative word.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Saturday, 24 Dec 2016 at 10:00pm

ACAB, lickspittle

Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith Sunday, 25 Dec 2016 at 8:20am
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 26 Dec 2016 at 9:17am

It's not just Australia where counter terrorism raids step up before Christmas/New years

Yesterday in Indo authorities did another raid in West Java to stop a terrorism attempt and they don't mess around two shot dead, two arrested.

Before that 19th Dec, a raid in Jakarta three shot dead one arrested and 14 bombs seized..

10 days before that a group arrested for a planned attack

Not a bad read on the issue in Indonesia, the amount of attacks they have stopped is pretty crazy as is the number of arrest, however the number of deaths in custody of terrorist suspect in Indonesia is also pretty crazy. http://www.reuters.com/article/us-indonesia-security-idUSKBN14C0X3

the chase's picture
the chase's picture
the chase Monday, 26 Dec 2016 at 9:26am

Good read.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 26 Dec 2016 at 9:48am

It's quite amazing really that Indonesia can be so efficient at something, i guess it's an area where corruption may not come into things too much and terrorist cant pay their way out of trouble?

Kinda seems that way.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Monday, 26 Dec 2016 at 10:18am

The Indo mix of religion is very amazing given the conflicts. In parts, it is open conflict. The current Jakarta mayor comment is a good example of this. I believe the police also stopped a possible event in Bali. That whole archipelago intrigues me. It has so much to offer.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 26 Dec 2016 at 2:17pm

Blowin writes "And why am I more sceptical of government action on terrorism than on climate change ?
Because terrorism is a far more acute and tangible reality when you've previously partied at a nightclub where a couple of hundred people were blown to pieces"

So..... You trust parts of the government, media etc when it comes to something that has caused thousands of deaths
BUT, you don't trust parts of the government, media, AND 95% OF SCIENTISTS when it comes to something that has already caused thousands of deaths, and by their words will kill millions , making terrorism deaths look like a fart in a jar.... That's really interesting, Blowin.... As you know, I dont "them" on either... But hey, we all have choices.

sharkman's picture
sharkman's picture
sharkman Wednesday, 28 Dec 2016 at 10:48am

for Indo ,bit like the Philipines and how to get rid of drugs!

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Thursday, 29 Dec 2016 at 8:47pm

Can some-one please explain to me why our government thinks its ok for Israel to break international law by constructing settlements on Arab land yet doesn't think its ok for China to break international law by claiming vast tracts of the South China Sea as its own.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 29 Dec 2016 at 9:59pm

Because China hasn't got Australia in a choke hold .....yet.

yocal's picture
yocal's picture
yocal Friday, 30 Dec 2016 at 10:22am

By that statement Blowin, do you in turn think Israel has a choke hold on Australia?

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Friday, 30 Dec 2016 at 10:03pm

Israel has a choker hold. Has had for some time now. Whereas NZ has stood up. Go figure. Best article Bob Carr ever wrote on this.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Saturday, 31 Dec 2016 at 9:19am

Jesus has a choke hold on us all. Repent muthafuckas. Only extended plays of Exile on Main Street can save us all. Amen.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 31 Dec 2016 at 11:14am

What a petty sooky tantrum by the Obama admin over the past week...... Knocking over furniture as they walk out the door..... Talk about fuck your legacy.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Saturday, 31 Dec 2016 at 12:57pm

go to your happy place happy

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 31 Dec 2016 at 1:13pm

I used to think obama was possibly one of the best presidents ever considering what he inherited....now not so sure

He's getting smashed in article comments of late and seems to have lost all that good judgement since trump appeared.

He seems like an 8 year lame duck president rather than an end of term lame duck

But to be fair the whole democrat party seems to have lost the plot since the election. I guess losing the most un-loseable election in history will do that to you

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 31 Dec 2016 at 1:54pm

Oh yeh, and Israel sees new zealamd voting against them as a declaration of war

Seems a little overly dramatic

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 31 Dec 2016 at 1:54pm

Oh yeh, and Israel sees new zealamd voting against them as a declaration of war

Seems a little overly dramatic

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 31 Dec 2016 at 2:13pm

Sypo, he had 8 years to put Israel under the pump..... To leave it till 11.59pm is insulting on so many levels...
Instead of looking at the Americans who helped Russia, lets concentrate on Russia... A bit like going after the user and not going for the dealer.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 31 Dec 2016 at 2:39pm

Yep, he's just appearing desperate now, desperate to secure some other legacy than destabilising the world.

He knows obamacare is done. While it was well meaning, and barely brought america in line with the rest of the developed world even advocates cannot defend it, as premiums have doubled, as benefits dwindled.

There really will be nothing lasting from the election of a guy that brought hope to so many, not least african americans.

Amazing how events have unfolded

It appears 'no we can't'

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Saturday, 31 Dec 2016 at 7:38pm

Yes, the most intriguing question is why did Obama do this now. Have in the back your mind that Obama gave Israel over $38billion in arms. The most by any president. The timing has everyone stumped.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Saturday, 31 Dec 2016 at 7:41pm

Yeah that's why both Republicans and Democrats in both houses fully support what Obama is doing, only one not singing from the songbook is Trump.

Maybe the FBI and CIA know something that Trump doesn't but not to worry "I'm a smart guy" and "I know big words" and "I don't need to read security briefings" ... he'll get that failed and corrupt boxing promotor Don King onto the job .... spare me, are you guys addicted to pulling the chain?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 4 Jan 2017 at 1:42pm

A economic and social Maralinga...... "Lets do it to the blacks first"....

The racist coalition always start with aborigines first... They love experimenting with aborigines... The ingenious side of using aborigines is because Australia is covertly racist, and no-one bats an eyelid when draconian measures are taken against them.. The welfrare card is the latest "feel good" experiment.... Wouldn't dare use it in "Houso's land first".... Best done in remote indigenous towns... The government then fudges the data, gives it to Murdoch, and expands the nastiness to the General populace.

"Warakurna, camels roam
Fires are warm and dogs are cold
Not since Lassiter was here
Black man's got a lot to fear"

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Wednesday, 4 Jan 2017 at 4:19pm

A NEW YEARS MESSAGE FOR WESTERN DEMOCRACIES - 2016/2017

"The consensus among most of my friends seems to be that 2016 was a terrible year, and the beginning of a long decline into something we don’t even want to imagine.

2016 was indeed a pretty rough year, but I wonder if it’s the end - not the beginning - of a long decline. Or at least the beginning of the end….for I think we’ve been in decline for about 40 years, enduring a slow process of de-civilisation, but not really quite noticing it until now. I’m reminded of that thing about the frog placed in a pan of slowly heating water…

This decline includes the transition from secure employment to precarious employment, the destruction of unions and the shrinkage of workers’ rights, zero hour contracts, the dismantling of local government, a health service falling apart, an underfunded education system ruled by meaningless exam results and league tables, the increasingly acceptable stigmatisation of immigrants, knee-jerk nationalism, and the concentration of prejudice enabled by social media and the internet.

This process of decivilisation grew out of an ideology which sneered at social generosity and championed a sort of righteous selfishness. (Thatcher: “Poverty is a personality defect”. Ayn Rand: “Altruism is evil”). The emphasis on unrestrained individualism has had two effects: the creation of a huge amount of wealth, and the funnelling of it into fewer and fewer hands. Right now the 62 richest people in the world are as wealthy as the bottom half of its population combined. The Thatcher/Reagan fantasy that all this wealth would ‘trickle down’ and enrich everybody else simply hasn’t transpired. In fact the reverse has happened: the real wages of most people have been in decline for at least two decades, while at the same time their prospects - and the prospects for their children - look dimmer and dimmer. No wonder people are angry, and turning away from business-as-usual government for solutions. When governments pay most attention to whoever has most money, the huge wealth inequalities we now see make a mockery of the idea of democracy. As George Monbiot said: “The pen may be mightier than the sword, but the purse is mightier than the pen”.

Last year people started waking up to this. A lot of them, in their anger, grabbed the nearest Trump-like object and hit the Establishment over the head with it. But those were just the most conspicuous, media-tasty awakenings. Meanwhile there’s been a quieter but equally powerful stirring: people are rethinking what democracy means, what society means and what we need to do to make them work again. People are thinking hard, and, most importantly, thinking out loud, together. I think we underwent a mass disillusionment in 2016, and finally realised it’s time to jump out of the saucepan.

This is the start of something big. It will involve engagement: not just tweets and likes and swipes, but thoughtful and creative social and political action too. It will involve realising that some things we’ve taken for granted - some semblance of truth in reporting, for example - can no longer be expected for free. If we want good reporting and good analysis, we’ll have to pay for it. That means MONEY: direct financial support for the publications and websites struggling to tell the non-corporate, non-establishment side of the story. In the same way if we want happy and creative children we need to take charge of education, not leave it to ideologues and bottom-liners. If we want social generosity, then we must pay our taxes and get rid of our tax havens. And if we want thoughtful politicians, we should stop supporting merely charismatic ones.

Inequality eats away at the heart of a society, breeding disdain, resentment, envy, suspicion, bullying, arrogance and callousness. If we want any decent kind of future we have to push away from that, and I think we’re starting to.

There’s so much to do, so many possibilities. 2017 should be a surprising year."

- David Icke

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 4 Jan 2017 at 7:28pm

So the decline of civilisation has been brought about by too much individuality AND too much nationalism .

I would have thought that a contradiction ?

nicko74's picture
nicko74's picture
nicko74 Wednesday, 4 Jan 2017 at 9:52pm

Isn't David Icke some conspiracist , who believes that the ruling class are reptilian aliens? He's a pretty strange cat!

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Thursday, 5 Jan 2017 at 12:43am

And yet suckers keep buying tickets, hey Blowie? Thatcher, Howard, fark, it's the US dream! Sucker born every minute. Just need a good 'them' to point at.

Nicko, might have to check the source of that quote, maybe I got a bit mixed up, it being a 'post struth' world and all that.

I know Stuxnet is a big fan...apparently.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 5 Jan 2017 at 7:47pm

I've got a good 'them' to point at

Do we really want the most corrupt officials from other countries as our 'new australians'?

Is it any wonder australians cannot afford australia anymore when this is what we're competing with?

"Q: What are the 4 top countries where Chinese foreign nationals move proceeds of corruption?

A: According to the Bank of China, US, Canada, Australia and Netherlands. Those four countries accounted for CAD$160 Billion in proceeds of corruption being moved out of China as of 2011, the last date that China was willing to publicly talk about the issue with specificity.

There is no reason to believe that the new figure of $2,000,000,000,000 in capital flight from China has shifted to other than those 4 top destinations in any material way."

A stash of cash so large it's larger than a heap of countries economies combined, including australia's

But immigration is 'all good'...all immigration is good...as long as you've got the cash!! ...or cleaning up from the cleansing...

And perhaps more importantly, how incompetent have our recent governments been, from both sides, with this amount of money coming in yet the economy is still fucked??

Scary times ahead

http://www.antimoneylaunderinglaw.com/2017/01/qa-on-the-2-trillion-in-pr...