What's what?

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon started the topic in Friday, 6 Nov 2015 at 7:48pm

AN ALL-ENCOMPASSING KALEIDOSCOPIC JOIN-THE-DOTS/ADULT COLOURING BOOK EXPERIMENTAL PROJECT IN NARCISSISTIC/ONANISTIC BIG PICTURE PARASITIC FORUM BLEEDING.

LIKE POLITICAL LIFE, PARTICIPATION IS WELCOME, ENCOURAGED EVEN, BUT NOT NECESSARY.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Thursday, 5 May 2016 at 7:07pm

Me: Jesus Christ, what's that horrendous stink in here? Smells like old rotting garbage! Who let one rip?

Other Swellnutters: Wasn't us! Swear! Ooooh wee!

(Everyone looks at the dog)

All: Ah, righhhhht. Had to be. Poor old fella.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 5 May 2016 at 7:51pm

BTW Floyd i was reading through one of those facts on refugee things the other day I think it was by the refugee council, you know trying to dispel myths. (which it didn't do very well)

Apparently: the reason refugees arrive without documents to prove ID is not because they destroy them but because they often don't have time to grab them when they flee.

But a bit further down the page, the reason why refugees even if poor can afford to travel half way across the world and pay people smugglers, is because they sell everything before they depart.

So apparently they have time to sell all their belongs but they don't have enough time to grab any sort of ID???

(Anyway in my experience in developing countries those already poor don't have much of value to sell and i cant imagine its a sellers market in a war torn country if they did have anything of value to sell)

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Thursday, 5 May 2016 at 8:53pm

your point Poindexter?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 5 May 2016 at 10:26pm
talkingturkey wrote:

Me: Jesus Christ, what's that horrendous stink in here? Smells like old rotting garbage! Who let one rip?

It was me...... I love the smell of my own farts..........

Shit...... Some of your finest work, turkey...... Even Monica and Bill can't compete with that..... Thing is, you were still able to talk whilst relieving George..... Amazing....

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Friday, 6 May 2016 at 9:04am

"It was me....I love the smell of my own farts."

Yep, we know.

Poor old fella.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 6 May 2016 at 11:13am
talkingturkey wrote:

"It was me....I love the smell of my own farts."

Yep, we know.

Poor old fella.

I eat extra cabbage just to super charge them..... Apparently heaps of eggs are good.... Super food I've been told...

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Friday, 6 May 2016 at 1:03pm

I know you're prone to digest some absolute crap Doggo, but I think it's more the way you consume that's the problem. Bolting things down waaaaay too quickly.

Take time to chew things over a bit, and - Poof! - (brain) farting problem gone with the wind!

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Friday, 6 May 2016 at 1:34pm

Welcome to our world, swellnutters. Bwahahahahahahahahaha. Parp!

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/may/05/9mother9horse9eyes9-t...

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 6 May 2016 at 1:38pm

Is there an abridged version? TL;DR and all that...

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 6 May 2016 at 1:40pm
talkingturkey wrote:

I know you're prone to digest some absolute crap Doggo, but I think it's more the way you consume that's the problem. Bolting things down waaaaay too quickly.

Take time to chew things over a bit, and - Poof! - (brain) farting problem gone with the wind!

See..... told you all he cant shut up.... Even when he's gagging..... Gobble gobble gobble..... That's a skill very few have... But the turk has it..

Mate..... It's one thing to enjoy a giving your partner a decent dutch oven.... But reveling in the smell of your own shit like you do is a bridge too far..

Anyhoo, back to you pointing out heaps but saying nothing...
Carry on..

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Friday, 6 May 2016 at 1:52pm

Sniff, Sniff...SWEET BABY JESUS! (gag) WHAT THE ?

Doggo! AGAIN?

What did I just tell you?!

Fuck sake. Gawn, get outside.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 6 May 2016 at 2:40pm
talkingturkey wrote:
Sniff, Sniff...SWEET BABY JESUS! (gag) WHAT THE ?

Doggo! AGAIN?

What did I just tell you?!

Ahhh stop ya snifflin ya sook... here... let me find a tune to cheer you up.....

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 6 May 2016 at 3:05pm
talkingturkey wrote:

That's so multi-layered...

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 6 May 2016 at 3:34pm
AndyM wrote:
talkingturkey wrote:

Get a room, you two..... lol

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 6 May 2016 at 4:17pm

Oh my goodness Dog, you just get so damn jealous sometimes!

Shatner'sBassoon Friday, 6 May 2016 at 4:24pm
AndyM wrote:
talkingturkey wrote:

Crikey, I'm afraid I have to concur! That could be your finest work, mad turk. Regardless of the Sheepster reference.

That other link is intriguing too. Could the same thing be happening in this thread, nay all the Swellnet threads??

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 6 May 2016 at 4:39pm

Fucking hell, nothing like a good surf in the morning and a good chuckle in the afternoon!

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Friday, 6 May 2016 at 4:53pm
Sheepdog wrote:
talkingturkey wrote:

Shit...... Some of your finest work, turkey...... Even Monica and Bill can't compete with that..... Thing is, you were still able to talk whilst relieving George..... Amazing....

Is that the sort of beastilality Cory Bernardi was warning about is same sex marriage is permitted?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 6 May 2016 at 5:09pm
floyd wrote:
Sheepdog wrote:
talkingturkey wrote:

Is that the sort of beastilality Cory Bernardi was warning about is same sex marriage is permitted?

Maybe Floyd... Maybe...... But I don't know about asking the turk for his hand in marriage..... Asking something as simple as "hey I'm going out to grab a bite to eat - do you want something" could get a reply of "oh sheepy there are many things I want. But somehow, I don't think you can get them for me..... Oh, A snickers.... Grab me a snickers".... lol

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 6 May 2016 at 5:07pm

It'd be same-species marriage between those two that's for sure.

Shatner'sBassoon Friday, 6 May 2016 at 6:55pm

That pic reminds me of the old chestnut about people that support parties and policies that are against their own best interests (ie working class Tories):

Turkeys voting for Thanksgiving.

In this case, Bush turkeys.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 6 May 2016 at 5:11pm
Shatner'sBassoon wrote:

That pic reminds me of the old chestnut about people that support parties and policies that are against their best interests (ie working class Tories):

Turkeys voting for Thanksgiving.

In this case, Bush turkeys.

I see the 2 Bushes have attacked Trump....... Bahahahahaha....... Gee, that's really gonna hurt Trumps chances...... not........

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 6 May 2016 at 5:14pm
AndyM wrote:

Oh my goodness Dog, you just get so damn jealous sometimes!

Nah all good, Andy..... Surely you can cop a joke..... Surely....... You ain that soft are you?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 6 May 2016 at 5:22pm

Que?

I'm taking the piss - it helps to read that line in a mincing tone of voice, maybe like Christopher Pyne, or Robin Williams in the movie The Birdcage.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Friday, 6 May 2016 at 5:23pm

"Maybe...... But I don't know about asking the turk for his hand in marriage..... Asking something as simple as "hey I'm going out to grab a bite to eat - do you want something" could get a reply of "oh sheepy there are many things I want. But somehow, I don't think you can get them for me..... Oh, A snickers.... Grab me a snickers".... lol"

Jeeeeezus.

I'm only "talking turkey", comrade. I don't want to be the bird in your 'dutch oven'!

Forget the snickers, and the "you bet you are, you bet I am" schtick, get off the Schmackos wacko!

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 6 May 2016 at 5:26pm
AndyM wrote:

Que?

I'm taking the piss - it helps to read that line in a mincing tone of voice, maybe like Christopher Pyne, or Robin Williams in the movie The Birdcage.

lol...... Christopher fucking Pyne..... Perleeeeeze!!!!!! I'll think I'll go with Mork.....

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 6 May 2016 at 5:27pm
talkingturkey wrote:

"Maybe...... But I don't know about asking the turk for his hand in marriage..... Asking something as simple as "hey I'm going out to grab a bite to eat - do you want something" could get a reply of "oh sheepy there are many things I want. But somehow, I don't think you can get them for me..... Oh, A snickers.... Grab me a snickers".... lol"

Jeeeeezus.

I'm only "talking turkey", comrade. I don't want to be the bird in your 'dutch oven'!

Forget the snickers, and the "you bet you are, you bet I am" schtick, get off the Schmackos wacko!

More gobble.........
Paaaaaaaaaaaaaarp...

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Friday, 6 May 2016 at 6:31pm

My name is Talking Turkey, and I'm here to help.

https://www.lovethatpet.com/dogs/questions/how-to-stop-dogs-farting/

"Some dogs really will clear the room with their farts and even more amusing, wake themselves up."

We shall see.

And by the way, kids, DO NOT type 'dog fart' into google. Well, not at work anyways.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 6 May 2016 at 6:44pm

"And by the way, kids, DO NOT type 'dog fart' into google. Well, not at work anyways."

Fuckn hell, mate....... You actually googled dog fart????? For Me??????? You really are lonely....... Bahahahahahahaha....

You started off sooooo good today, but faded like a sit com that went that one extra season just for the cash......
Refresh, brother........

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Friday, 6 May 2016 at 6:53pm

I'm sure you've googled it just now though. Yowza!

Ah well, life's rich pageantry. And a new nickname for ya.

Dog fart.

Now please tell me that you don't have a personal store of pics of GW Bush and turkeys. Please. For all our sakes.

Shiver (like a shitting dog).

Beer o'clock.

Burp.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 6 May 2016 at 7:15pm
talkingturkey wrote:

I'm sure you've googled it just now though. Yowza!

Ah well, life's rich pageantry. And a new nickname for ya.

Dog fart.

Now please tell me that you don't have a personal store of pics of GW Bush and turkeys. Please. For all our sakes.

Shiver (like a shitting dog).

Beer o'clock.

Burp.

Well...... it's one thing googling "funny turkey pics"...... It's a whole different ball game googling "dog farts"......

Whatever floats your boat, big fella.... Say gday to your beer for me..
Cheers.

Shatner'sBassoon Tuesday, 10 May 2016 at 8:19pm

Here's a really interesting GW Bush pic. Strangely familiar, comrades?

(‘In announcing his “jobs and growth” plan, President Bush underscored its many benefits for all American workers and families. “We will not rest until every business has a chance to grow, and every person who wants to find work can find a job,” said President Bush at the Economic Club of Chicago in 2003′.)

Shatner'sBassoon Tuesday, 10 May 2016 at 8:32pm

Then there's this!

I don't think Mal's really got the hang of this three word slogan thing.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Tuesday, 10 May 2016 at 9:52pm
talkingturkey wrote:

And don't get me started on Mal's three word slogans!

"So let me get this right...the coalition's JOBS AND GROWTH slogan is a rip-off from George Dubya Bush, dated approximately 2003.....AND.....their CONTINUITY AND CHANGE slogan is a rip-off from the American television series "Veep" back in the day.
Down in the coalition bunker, there's not just a shortage of talent and ideas, there's a shortage of self-respect. No wonder the Reserve Bank has had to drop interest rates to record lows. No wonder the budget deficit is chronic. No wonder the monthly trade deficits are a continuous record of disaster under this mob. No wonder debt levels are touching the sun.
They have not got a bloody clue...not one decent idea between the lot of them. What hope have we got?"

"You forgot 'live within our means' - David Cameron 2015"

"Morrison's previous slogan...Work, Save, Invest.... was taken from a 2011 Bill Shorten speech."

Been there, done that, got the tee-o.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Wednesday, 11 May 2016 at 8:12am

Bill Shorten - " I'll run the place like a union organiser".
Thanks Bill, any chance we get some of our union dues back from Thomo or Williamson ?

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 11 May 2016 at 8:35am
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Wednesday, 11 May 2016 at 10:50am
tonybarber wrote:

Thanks Bill, any chance we get some of our union dues back from Thomo or Williamson ?

Ha ha. Step aside Murdoch and his minions, the LNP are busting out the real propaganda big guns: TB (cough cough)!

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 11 May 2016 at 11:40am

nice story floyd

what was disturbingly obvious from that little Q & A encounter was how worlds apart Australians have become. even the nice left dudes on the panel were faced with a bit of weird awkwardness at the gulf that has developed in Australia

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 11 May 2016 at 11:56am
sypkan wrote:

nice story floyd

what was disturbingly obvious from that little Q & A encounter was how worlds apart Australians have become. even the nice left dudes on the panel were faced with a bit of weird awkwardness at the gulf that has developed in Australia

I totally agree sypkan, this 2016 budget and the discredited trickle down economics theory that it is based on is a disgrace and as you say highlights the ever increasing gulf between the haves and have-nots.

As for Kelly O'Dwyer's (our Assistant Treasurer) example of how the proposed company tax cut will help a cafe owner who has a turnover of over $2 million per year buy a $6,000 toaster ..... well that is just laughable and is further proof how out of touch these jokers are. A business turning over $2million and they can't afford a toaster! darn it must be all those weekend penalty rates the poor sod has to pay out to his casual staff .... you know the same young people priced out of the property market by speculators with negative gearing in their back pocket

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Wednesday, 11 May 2016 at 1:07pm

Sypkan, I assume you are aware that Mr Storrar does not pay tax. Apparently he is getting Austudy benefits.
A typical Dorothy Dixer.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 11 May 2016 at 1:15pm

tonybarber wrote:

Sypkan, I assume you are aware that Mr Storrar does not pay tax. Apparently he is getting Austudy benefits. A typical Dorothy Dixer.

You reckon? Well, whoever planted him needs to be booted out and pronto. What could've been an embarassing moment for the Libs turned into a farce for everyone.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Wednesday, 11 May 2016 at 1:16pm

Incorrect. We have a consumption tax in this country. He pays tax on most purchases.
He may have pay less or equal tax to what he receives but one thing we can guarantee: every cent he gets from the government is spent here in Australia in the local economy.

compare that to most tax breaks for the wealthy and companies; alot of which ends up being spent out of the country for no net economic benefit.

One of the smartest economic moves would be to raise the dole.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 11 May 2016 at 1:26pm

Yes he pays GST, however if they planted a low income earner who pays income tax but receives little benefit, the sting would've been crystal clear and the resulting discussion very different then what it is today. Now the mesage is muddled and the Libs are off the hook.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 11 May 2016 at 2:06pm

Well well, the heartless line up again.

Duncan, explained on the night (ABC's ivew is available if you want to check) that he is lowly paid and educated and that every extra dollar is important and that he does pay tax everytime he does to the supermarket or buys petrol.

Hey Barber, lets talk about the cafe owner turning over $2million and can't afford a toaster without more government handouts ........ no no lets all pick on the battler with a wife and two kids living from week to week ...... you're a heartless shit and more.

dandandan's picture
dandandan's picture
dandandan Wednesday, 11 May 2016 at 2:05pm

Not in Tassie at least Stunet - there are more Duncan's here than anywhere else I reckon and I think his 15 minutes of fame will reverberate around here for a while to come. The idea that the average 'Mum and Dad' is on about $80k doesn't sell particularly well in a state where about 80% of the people are on less than that. In fact all the lines peddled by the Coalition at the moment don't sell well in any regional or rural parts of Australia: the idea that 'mums and dads' are out there investing in property, for example, is just so far out of touch of the experience of many people. So deluded are they that my own MP (a Liberal turd of the highest order) was harping on about how 3000 odd people in my electorate are investors using negative gearing, oblivious to the easiest observation of all - the other 80 000 others aren't.

Duncan, at least, is doing everything right: he is studying to try and lift himself out of poverty, he is trying to get his kids into education so they don't have to live the life he has. His life is a sadly fitting example of the seemingly perennial problem of how to get yourself out of shit creek. Duncan has mental health issues, comes from a poor background, and had a childhood that put many things seemingly out of reach for him. That describes almost everyone I worked to support in the community service sector, and all my time listening to 'sector leaders' and peak bodies and politicians wax on about how to solve these problems, I've never met anybody that actually gets it. It's a case of structural inequality in my eyes, and most of the people in power have never lived in Duncan's shoes, or near anyone in Duncan's shoes, and if they ever did it was so long ago they've forgotten what the reality of that kind of life is.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 11 May 2016 at 2:29pm

sorry tonybarber I'm not up on your polirical jargon a lot of the time, I have no idea what dorothy diver means

to me he looked so genuine, so normal, excuse the judging but he didn't look like a drug addict, an alcoholuc, didn't have metal bits sticking out of his face, had no neck tattoo (affectionately known as a 'job stopper') and could hold a conversation, he wasn't stupid despite his low education. he had none of the traits we like to assume are the reasons people don't do well. geez he even pulled off the public speaking, but somehow he has slipped through the wealth of this country

australia doesn't 'normally see guys like duncan, especially on forums like Qand A, they talk about him, but we don't see him, and when we did, we didn't like it, didn't like what Australia has become

I don't really give a fuck how much tax he pays, the guy's clearly working hard for his family. I just find it disgusting this guy can be doing it so tough in oz and no one seemed to care for a long time.this is not the egalitarian australia we all grew up in. the fact the liberal government want to give tax cuts to the wealthy just rubs salt in the wound. pure ideology, as the CEVA guy said, now is not the time for tax cuts.

the response from that chick was miserable, and the business guy worse, so detached

even the acoss chick was lost for words

Shatner'sBassoon Wednesday, 11 May 2016 at 2:52pm
talkingturkey wrote:
tonybarber wrote:

Ha ha. Step aside Murdoch and his minions, the LNP are busting out the real propaganda big guns: TB (cough cough)!

Hey Mal and (cough, cough) TB, here's a three word slogan for you:

DISUNITY IS DEATH!

dandandan's picture
dandandan's picture
dandandan Wednesday, 11 May 2016 at 2:53pm

Well said sypkan.

Though it's local in focus, I think there's lessons for all of us in this article from the Tamanian COSS CEO.

http://www.themercury.com.au/news/opinion/talking-point-were-tired-of-ta...

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Wednesday, 11 May 2016 at 5:02pm
sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 12 May 2016 at 7:32am

seriously tonybarber do you work for murdoch or the LNP?

don't really care if you do, a jobs a job and all that but it's pretty funny the australian calling duncan out for paying no tax when the australian newspaper pays no tax at all....fucking hilarious guy this murdoch cunt...(and tonybarber)

http://junkee.com/the-australian-tried-to-go-after-duncan-from-qanda-and...