Sorry about the bulk emails!

thermalben's picture
thermalben started the topic in Wednesday, 17 Apr 2019 at 6:11am

Some of you may have receieved a large batch of emails overnight (subscriber notifications etc). 

I've just woken up to find that our third party email system has gone bonkers overnight and - for reasons unknown at this stage - opened the floodgates. 

Our email provider is based in the USA (and, their email-only support window closes in an hour's time!) so I'm urgently trying to find out what is going on.

Obviously, the last thing we want to do is spam anyone - I can't stand unwanted emails myself, and will do everything I can to get the problem resolved ASAP.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 17 Apr 2019 at 6:14am

Sorry about the inconvenience everyone. I think I've managed to at least temporarily stop emails from being sent (large websites like Swellnet are extremely complex; there's no big red 'turn off the bloody email' button). Hopefully I'll hear back from our provider soon.

To add insult to injury, I've also received a hefty invoice for all of these emails too: we pay for them in batches.. the usual delivery rate is steady over the course of the year, but this large spike has also gone massively over our allocation.

So.... ARGH.

Time for another coffee.