Android App Issue

alosurdo's picture
alosurdo started the topic in Tuesday, 26 Jun 2018 at 5:32pm

Hi

As of yesterday the Android app stopped working for me. It wont let me login and it will not show any surf forecast locations. When i go to click in the locations section, it shows blanks and says there is no report within 200km of me. I am in Sydney.

Any info would be great.

Cheers

A

mcistdp's picture
mcistdp's picture
mcistdp Tuesday, 26 Jun 2018 at 6:00pm

The same has happened to me yesterday with the Apple iOS app.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Tuesday, 26 Jun 2018 at 6:24pm

We are aware of the App problems and are working to implement a fix ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

alosurdo's picture
alosurdo's picture
alosurdo Tuesday, 26 Jun 2018 at 6:55pm

No dramas, thanks.

mcistdp's picture
mcistdp's picture
mcistdp Wednesday, 27 Jun 2018 at 6:53am

Thanks Ben.

Hando's picture
Hando's picture
Hando Wednesday, 27 Jun 2018 at 6:03pm

also having iPhone app problems:
"Get variable (token) does not exist"

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 27 Jun 2018 at 6:06pm

Still working on a fix.. sorry mate. 

martymcnab's picture
martymcnab's picture
martymcnab Wednesday, 4 Jul 2018 at 12:50pm

Hi Ben. Any update on the Android App? I uninstalled it a few days ago due to issues, and now I can't even find it in Google Play to download again? Sorry to hassle you, but really miss it. It's done a Joni Mitchell on me - should call it Big Yellow Taxi app. Thanks.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 4 Jul 2018 at 1:13pm

Oh man, Google have been a right pain in the arse this past week. The Swellnet app has been temporarily removed because we have apparently 'violated their Ts and Cs' (despite not having made any changes to the App at all since it was launched ages ago). I'm now trying to work out what they are talking about - looks like it's related to a news article embedding a YouTube video in a particular kind of way, against their regulations. So nothing to do with the reports, forecasts or cams - but a wayward news item that will be read by less than 1% of App users. Argh

martymcnab's picture
martymcnab's picture
martymcnab Wednesday, 4 Jul 2018 at 1:25pm

Ha ha, as if you had anything better to do with your time, anyway Ben. No probs - understand.

belly's picture
belly's picture
belly Monday, 30 Jul 2018 at 12:23pm

Not android app, but in Android chrome I can't see the links to the latest comments at the bottom of the homepage.

maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley Monday, 30 Jul 2018 at 1:40pm

Also having problems with the 'Latest Comments' not being available from the home page. For some reason I can see them when I am on this page. Not an android app issue - happens with Firefox on my laptop.

belly's picture
belly's picture
belly Monday, 30 Jul 2018 at 1:46pm

I can see them at the bottom of this page now - returning to home screen.

belly's picture
belly's picture
belly Monday, 30 Jul 2018 at 1:47pm

No, still not at bottom of home page.

maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley Monday, 30 Jul 2018 at 2:00pm

Working on the home page for me now. :). Cheers

belly's picture
belly's picture
belly Monday, 30 Jul 2018 at 3:14pm

Yep me too - cheers.

daboots's picture
daboots's picture
daboots Monday, 10 Dec 2018 at 2:54pm

Hi, I've recently became a Premium subscriber but I cannot find the Swellnet app on the android market? On the premium subscription page it clearly states the existence of an android app...

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 10 Dec 2018 at 3:14pm

Hi mate, we've had a few hassles with Google regarding the App (long, boring story, some of which was detailed above) and so we haven't had a chance to reconfigure it to tick all of their boxes yet. But it's on the (incredibly long) to-do list.

In the meantime I recommend using the mobile site anyway as it's a lot more user friendly anyway. We're in the progress of overhaling the Apps (which will take a little time) to include a whole lot of new functionality, so once that's up and running we'll make a big announement.

Sorry for the inconvenience.