Multiple pages for long threads.

belly's picture
belly started the topic in Friday, 14 Sep 2018 at 11:13am

Hi team.
I use android chrome for 95% of my site enjoyment and I have noticed that some threads, like those started from news, don't have multiple pages and become 1 massive scroll fest (and therefore data load). But the forum threads do seem to have multiple pages, which is good imo.
Make sense?
Any developments in the works for this?
Cheers.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 14 Sep 2018 at 12:29pm

Please tell us that click on 'last comment' is close to happening.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 14 Sep 2018 at 12:44pm

Funny enough, Swellnet developer Jono and I had an indepth discussion on it yesterday - it's right up there Udo. Just gotta work out how to show it. But yes, it'll happen soon.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 14 Sep 2018 at 12:45pm

Belly - I prefer one long page (for a number of reasons) but we're going to add in some new tools to make it easy to navigate.

belly's picture
belly's picture
belly Friday, 14 Sep 2018 at 1:40pm

Cool, thanks. Yes like last comment idea. In particular when the new comment can be an indent replay comment halfway down the page in amongst 100+ posts.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 14 Sep 2018 at 1:47pm

You can already do it by searching within the page (Command + F on a Mac) for 'new', and it'll list all of the new posts (and also any other instances using 'new') - but it's a quick workaround before we implement something more intuitive. 

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 Friday, 14 Sep 2018 at 10:47pm

Good point Belly, with forums conversations you click and it goes right to last comment and you can scroll back if need be but main comment is a scroll fest to get to the last / detailed comment, my phone sucks too admittedly