Messaging

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming started the topic in Monday, 13 May 2013 at 3:35pm

Whats the deal with messaging here?....I just went to send a message for the first time and found a few messages from people from last year and year before, i never knew they were there because i never go in to the message area to check.

Would be cool if there was something to let you know you have a new message inbox when you log in like many forums do like a little symbol that lights up saying new message..

Sorry to people who message me ages ago and i didnt get back to you until now.

Cheers

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 13 May 2013 at 4:03pm

Yeah, it's been one of those things we've been meaning to fix but never got around to - it was poorly designed and implemented, and unfortunately there's been a long list of much higher priority issues to attend t in the interim.

We have a major website upgrade (ie completely new system) due in the next few weeks that will address a lot of these issues. So everyone will have to check their messages before then as they may not make the migration over.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Monday, 13 May 2013 at 4:45pm

Yeah, me too into. I had a message from nick3 privately confessing that he really is a rampant masterbater who wouldn't know shit from chocolate.

crustt's picture
crustt's picture
crustt Monday, 13 May 2013 at 6:17pm

"Yeah, it's been one of those things we've been meaning to fix but never got around to"
Not a surfer by any chance are you ben?

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Tuesday, 8 Mar 2016 at 6:10pm

I'm getting email messages all the time on who commented on a thread I commented on????

I DON"T WANT THEM;)

I've turned it off numerous times when editing my profile/ login, but it keeps going back to please email me all comments etc etc.

I know you know how this site works but, Mr Stunet are you fucking with me what?

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Tuesday, 8 Mar 2016 at 6:11pm

Edit, "Or What";)

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Tuesday, 8 Mar 2016 at 7:31pm

No wonder I have gone to the dark side, 100 emails later!

Piss off SN, please, I know you're reading this......

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Tuesday, 8 Mar 2016 at 9:04pm

There is a link at the bottom of the email how to turn off the messages Welly.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Tuesday, 8 Mar 2016 at 9:38pm

Do it every time I log in, but it keeps going back Ben?????

Logged out logged in??

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Tuesday, 8 Mar 2016 at 9:41pm

Sure it's for the right forum thread? Normally switching it off does exactly that. 

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Wednesday, 9 Mar 2016 at 12:00am

Yeah welly , agreed . Ive had that shit for years welly , I have tried a fair amount of times & it always fails . Just as u , so I use an old email address .god knows how many thousands of messages are there I don't ever check it !

Hako o hakonde ni-biki no inu's picture
Hako o hakonde ni-biki no inu's picture
Hako o hakonde ... Wednesday, 9 Mar 2016 at 7:00am
wellymon wrote:

Do it every time I log in, but it keeps going back Ben?????

Logged out logged in??

Hows it going there welly, some things just keep on coming back and annoying you hey, scratch that scab off and it's back next morning:-D

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 9 Mar 2016 at 9:16am

wellymon wrote:

Do it every time I log in, but it keeps going back Ben????? Logged out logged in??

Shouldn't happen now Welly. Lemme know if it does.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Wednesday, 9 Mar 2016 at 9:15pm

It was 4.5 mins??????

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 10 Mar 2016 at 8:46am

Welly, when you next get one of these emails, forward it to me ([email protected]) and I'll see what's going on.

I suspect you're probably getting alerts from any comment you've ever made, where someone has replied directly to that comment, and your settings for "Notify me when new comments are posted" have been set to "yes".

So you may have several active threads at play here, which makes it look a lot worse that it actually is (FWIW, aside from yours and Camel's comments here, we haven't had anyone contact us about this issue).

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Thursday, 10 Mar 2016 at 1:25pm

Yeah I tried unticking the box but it doesnt work but I do use a phone device thats not very hitek .
But I did try a lot when for a while when I used my current email address , so within a week I just switched back to the redundant email address to dodge the reply to comment spams

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 10 Mar 2016 at 1:34pm

I've changed the settings on your profile Cam, hopefully that'll fix it. Let me know how you go.

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Thursday, 10 Mar 2016 at 2:51pm

Ok will try thanks ben

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Thursday, 10 Mar 2016 at 4:41pm

Thanks Ben and Ztu

Altho today I still had a few recurring scabs but, they might have healed up now.

Cheers.. :-S