pros are dicks

micks-a-kook's picture
micks-a-kook started the topic in Thursday, 13 May 2010 at 12:08am

micks a kook in your latest sequence.
he takes off on the shoulder burning some hapless chap about to get a real barrel. to get a 2 second cover up. and you crap on about his mastery of bogging for a split second pit?
surf media is as bad as the rest of the worlds media. blind to reality talking up the big businesses or famous people. i burn people unknown to me all the time at my local. micks from penrith and spends most his life os burning locals where ever he goes like all the other pros do(mostly)oh except hawaii cause they are in gangs and will hit you. thats not respect its called fear! losers

grow a backbone and give em some shit for once would yas?

dork's picture
dork's picture
dork Thursday, 13 May 2010 at 1:27am

i burn people unknown to me all the time

By: "micks-a-kook"

Sorry, now im confused who the dick is

s-t-u's picture
s-t-u's picture
s-t-u Thursday, 13 May 2010 at 3:40am

Are you mildly retarded?

savanova's picture
savanova's picture
savanova Thursday, 13 May 2010 at 4:15am

Yup
nothing like taking off deep on the shoulder & droppin in on old mate who had probably been snaked by the rest of sticker crew after waiting his turn. Luv the Goldy. The only place on earth the pro's get chauffer driven by jetski back to the take off spot any time its over 3foot.(FACT) Soft cox
At least the pro's who surf round my way know to wait their turn cause they get treated like everyone else.
Not the heros/spoilt-wankers the surf media is turning them into.

pigdoggin's picture
pigdoggin's picture
pigdoggin Thursday, 13 May 2010 at 4:23am

Stu, you shouldn't be praising people who drop in and snake others. Pro or not pro.

brendo's picture
brendo's picture
brendo Thursday, 13 May 2010 at 5:20am

I guess he has to make the call whether or not the guy will in fact pull in and make that barrel. Why did the bloke on the wave not get tucked in? He was all lined up for it and he bailed out? Now every time he goes for a wave, everyone thinks he's going to bail so they will drop in again. Fanning - who cares, he probably does it on purpose so he's a wanker for doing so. That's why I can't stand those types of surfers and stay well away from them.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 13 May 2010 at 5:54am

Sheesh...look how deep old mate takes off. Look how deep Fanning is in shots 12 and 13. That fella was never making it, not even going close.

I would've gone also.

dannyboy480's picture
dannyboy480's picture
dannyboy480 Thursday, 13 May 2010 at 6:48am

at that angle it's a bit hard to read exactly how deep the other bloke is, but the fact that mick has to stall to get the cover up tells me the other guy had a pertty good chance of makin it had he put his foot down.. he was never given the chance though was he.

brendo's picture
brendo's picture
brendo Thursday, 13 May 2010 at 6:53am

you've gotta pull in on that, he has a great chance to make it. shot 3 he's set up to go, shot 4 and 5 he turns away. If he'd have pulled in, by shot 5 he'd be in the barrel with a chance of making it. If you don't go, someone else will !

dannyboy480's picture
dannyboy480's picture
dannyboy480 Thursday, 13 May 2010 at 9:31am

you've gotta pull in on that, he has a great chance to make it. shot 3 he's set up to go, shot 4 and 5 he turns away. If he'd have pulled in, by shot 5 he'd be in the barrel with a chance of making it. If you don't go, someone else will !

By: "brendo"

he bails cause mick's dropped in... what's the point in pulling in to cop a face full of wash?

ed's picture
ed's picture
ed Thursday, 13 May 2010 at 11:07am

Yeah bit iffy when i saw the pics, glad theres a thread on it. Being a local gold coaster, im happy to donate a wave or two to mick or steph if they retain the ASP world titles. yew!

brendo's picture
brendo's picture
brendo Thursday, 13 May 2010 at 10:16pm

I'd rather go for the wave than just get dropped in on all day.

s-t-u's picture
s-t-u's picture
s-t-u Friday, 14 May 2010 at 12:21am

Delete that then, all pros are blind in one eye so they can't really help been dicks.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 14 May 2010 at 4:02am

Still going???

Look, I think people should save their outrage. For those that aren't aware, photos foreshorten distances, the effect pronounced when looking 'into' waves. Look at shot 7 of the sequence, it appears that the wave is a slow shoulder. Three shots later, and with Mick (one of the fastest surfers in the world) pumping hard, he's still only just keeping up with the wave.

The appearance of a slow shoulder was caused by foreshortening, Mick was actually quite deep himself. Now compare how deep he was to how deep the other bloke was. He had not a hope in Hades of ever making it through.

I spoke to the photographer, Adam Weathered, today and he said the same, 'lens compression, the other bloke was waay too deep'.

If you've got a gripe about Mick - and it seems there's a few of you who do - at least base it on something legitimate.

adamweathered's picture
adamweathered's picture
adamweathered Friday, 14 May 2010 at 4:10am

FAFF

charles-barkley's picture
charles-barkley's picture
charles-barkley Friday, 14 May 2010 at 4:20am

I'd like to know how far apart the frames are, looks like its over and done with pretty quick. The barrel in the first sequence of 'holidays in the sun' shits all over this one.

mtw's picture
mtw's picture
mtw Friday, 14 May 2010 at 9:10pm

We have all seen images, videos, seen or heard stories of Mick as well as other pros dropping in on people. Whilst they are out having a surf they are at work, representing the sponsors who employ them. I know if I took part in behaviors which painted my company in a bad way I would be disciplined accordingly. Rip Curl should view this as a behavioral issue by one of the employees and take appropriate action.

Maybe the answer is that when we are aware of these dicks dropping in on people we email the pros sponsor, maybe by pressuring the very image the sponsor work so hard to get may work? If nothing is done about it, we boycott that product.

These guys can surf when and wherever they want, I cannot I work and have a smaller window of opportunity that is why when I go for a surf I do not appreciate these idiots dropping in on me.

snarlyy's picture
snarlyy's picture
snarlyy Saturday, 15 May 2010 at 9:15am
e wrote:

These guys can surf when and wherever they want, I cannot I work and have a smaller window of opportunity that is why when I go for a surf I do not appreciate these idiots dropping in on me.

i totally agree, they surf 7days a week pretty much and they earn money to do so, not only that but they get to surf some of the best waves in the world, so when they start snaking peoples waves in average conditions it really raises questions as to what kind of greedy, selfish and egotistical people they are. what chance does the average surfer stand of getting their reasonable fill of waves when these ignorant wankers are out there determined to catch every single wave that comes through?

antifroth's picture
antifroth's picture
antifroth Sunday, 16 May 2010 at 1:33am

Have you ever thought of telling Mick Fandaning to just fuck off? Tell him that he has had enough waves and to simply fuck off and polish his trophys! After all he is still only a human being like all of us. So man up and tell him to curb his way's, how else will he know he is pissing you off?

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Sunday, 16 May 2010 at 2:55am

Have you ever thought of telling Mick Fandaning to just fuck off? Tell him that he has had enough waves and to simply fuck off and polish his trophys! After all he is still only a human being like all of us. So man up and tell him to curb his way's, how else will he know he is pissing you off?

By: "antifroth"

Wouldn't that be interesting, I imagine Mick would just ignore you and all the idiots that bow to the pro's and actually condone their behavior will be picking a fight with you for having a go at their hero.

thegooch's picture
thegooch's picture
thegooch Sunday, 16 May 2010 at 10:43pm

The fact of whether the guy being dropped in on will make it or not is irrelevant. It was his wave and should've been given every chance of making the barrel unobstructed. Mick "Sufing lines my pocket " Fanning, has clearly seen my mate Matt Lackey down the line in position for the shot and has blatantly dropped in on the guys to steal the lime light and get another photo opp. I hope Lackey deletes the photo.

thegooch's picture
thegooch's picture
thegooch Sunday, 16 May 2010 at 10:46pm

Oh, and what a load of toss about that barrel being a perfect example of stalling for the cover up anyway?? more like , shoulder hop come fade , come barrel a learner on a minimal could've made..... i have a sneaking suspicion that swellnet may have actually put this sequence up for other reasons .. . .

wax-on-danielson's picture
wax-on-danielson Sunday, 16 May 2010 at 11:57pm

not everyone gets paid to travel around the world surfing sick spots all year. average joe's lucky to get a good day and when it comes and he's lined up on the wave of the day he gets dogged by this nob. has to pull out not to cop mick's board in the head. the problem is mick probably thinks he's doing his job as a surf superhero and the other bloke should feel honoured...
wank on fanning...

patty's picture
patty's picture
patty Monday, 17 May 2010 at 12:22am

Man up and say something you bunch of lightweight fairies. How far is whingeing on a forum gonna get ya??

Christ almighty, go back through this forum and count the number of threads about crew whingeing over pros. What the fuck is ever gonna happen if you don't say something?

That's right....nothing.

Morons.

wax-on-danielson Monday, 17 May 2010 at 12:57am

patty is right! next time you see someone that gets paid to surf think about how much you wish it was you. then bash them!

maj's picture
maj's picture
maj Monday, 17 May 2010 at 2:36am

MTW..... These guys can surf when and wherever they want, I cannot I work and have a smaller window of opportunity that is why when I go for a surf I do not appreciate these idiots dropping in on me.

These guys can surf whenever and whereever they want... they should have right of way.. Mike Fanning is the current world champion and should admired not hated. MTW, you need a dose of reality you f@%king amateur.

mtw's picture
mtw's picture
mtw Monday, 17 May 2010 at 2:51am

MAJ - OK, your choice if you want to suck Fannings cock. I choose not to bow down to people who have no respect for the people who have made them who they are today. If the general surfer did not buy the overpriced crap that Rip Curl have on offer, who would Mick Fanning be?

He is not above the rights of any other surfer getting a fair go and taking a fair share of the waves. I think you need to take a long hard look at yourself and ask, who needs the reality check.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Monday, 17 May 2010 at 3:30am

MTW.....
These guys can surf whenever and whereever they want... they should have right of way.. Mike Fanning is the current world champion and should admired not hated. MTW, you need a dose of reality you f@%king amateur.

By: "maj"

There you go, a prime example.

thelostclimber's picture
thelostclimber's picture
thelostclimber Monday, 17 May 2010 at 7:56am

looks to me like the unknown guy should have tucked in instead of pulling out.
If he then could have continued on and push Mick fanning off his board by about shot 7 or 8 whilst hurling some abuse.
That would have made an interesting photo sequence. At least it would be a bit different.

antifroth's picture
antifroth's picture
antifroth Tuesday, 18 May 2010 at 2:04am

Just drop in on Fanning, after all he is only a surfer and everyone who can surf does get dropped in on by some kook, so kook up and drop in on the arrogant champ. If he gets upset remind him that he has had all the waves and he should pull his head in before it gets knocked off his shoulders.

ed's picture
ed's picture
ed Tuesday, 18 May 2010 at 3:04am

i don't believe fanning is a dick, the beach is his office and training ground. Imagine if fanning blew into your office for a day taking all your stationary, muddling up your files and competing with you for your computer, arguing who's turn it is.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Tuesday, 18 May 2010 at 4:01am

i don't believe fanning is a dick, the beach is his office and training ground. Imagine if fanning blew into your office for a day taking all your stationary, muddling up your files and competing with you for your computer, arguing who's turn it is.

By: "ed"

MMM. jelly fish logic.

antifroth's picture
antifroth's picture
antifroth Tuesday, 18 May 2010 at 6:55am

ed, when it comes to my computer it is always my turn!
As for fannings office, well does he have a permit from the relevant authorities that allowes him to take every wave he wants? NO!

mtw's picture
mtw's picture
mtw Tuesday, 18 May 2010 at 7:17am

Hmmmmmmmm, how does one argue with Ed's logic. My office is on private property whilst the beach is a public place, if Mick was on his own beach, I would not bother him at all. Surfing is a lifestyle choice I go for a surf to relax. Going by your logic ED, you would also tink it is OK for cabs or couriers (no offence to cabbies or couriers) to drive like lunatics, because they are profesional drivers and by me venturing on the road I am simply getting in the way.

I seriously cannot believe blokes like this exist. I am now thinking of starting a business 'Be dropped in on by a pro'. I reckon I would have a couple customers in way of Maj and ED, because I reckon you guys would pay to be dropped in on, for an extra $5 you can carry Mick's board back to his car. For fark sake!

patty's picture
patty's picture
patty Tuesday, 18 May 2010 at 7:39am

i seriously cannot believe you're still going on with it. talk about leading a life of quiet desperation.

1) the surfer inside of Mick was 20m too far inside
2) the illusion of lens compression has already been explained on here
3) the fucking photographer came on here also
4) in the scheme of things it's right up there with walking on the wrong side of the footpath

yet you fucktards are still going on with it, creating conspiracy theories and forming vigilante groups. you are sad, sad people.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Tuesday, 18 May 2010 at 8:04am

Well Patty, you've joined in too. Welcome, you are one of the sad,sad people to now.

mtw's picture
mtw's picture
mtw Tuesday, 18 May 2010 at 8:25am

No conspiracy theories here, we all know that Mick killed Harold Holt and Mick is a nazi (sorry the second one is not far from the truth http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/surf-star-rides-into-storm-of-outrage-20100320...)

Regardless of your four points, to me it is simple. It was up to the surfer on the inside to decide whether he was going to try and make it or not. He may have pulled the barrell of his life and made it, however Our prime minister killing anti semmitic World Champion who probably had something to do with 9/11 decided that he is far more important.

Hope the surf is crap this weekend because it is time to dust off the white sheets and burn a pro at the cross.

maj's picture
maj's picture
maj Tuesday, 18 May 2010 at 8:51am

so not only are you a fucking amatuer MTW you are racist as well... MTW i think you enjoy typing on forums creating a shit storm AND you actually sound like you are from NSW. Mick is from NSW as well so you should be glad to have a world champ from your shit state... he is the only good thing to come out NSW.....

mtw's picture
mtw's picture
mtw Tuesday, 18 May 2010 at 9:07am

Talking about sad, sad people welcome back to the house of hate maj.Firstly, you are correct in calling me an amatuer, I dont get paid to surf, so I guess I am an amatuer. The whole state shit, dont know what tablets you have taken tonight, but try the green ones next time. Calling me a racist, unless Mick Fanning has started his own race, I think not.

maj's picture
maj's picture
maj Tuesday, 18 May 2010 at 9:17am

SOOOO... MTW... did i hit a sore spot??? and from my powers of investigation you might have taken offence to his (Mike THE CHAMPS) comments... and maybe we could all become part of the "Fanning race..."

mtw's picture
mtw's picture
mtw Tuesday, 18 May 2010 at 9:46am

Mick is to surfing what Fev is to AFL or Willie to NRL. As to your suggestions about starting the Fanning Race...........Vive Le Resistence!

maj's picture
maj's picture
maj Tuesday, 18 May 2010 at 9:54am

hahaha MTW you have humour... FEV is a champion both for Carlton and Brisbane and received the coleman medal, as for Willie he plays NRL therefore i have no comment on him (NRL is a second rate sport)...

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Tuesday, 18 May 2010 at 9:55am

I was going to call maj a dickhead ,but i can't be bothered.

antifroth's picture
antifroth's picture
antifroth Tuesday, 18 May 2010 at 10:00am

If I was Mick Fanning I would burn everyone at Snapper!
But I am not Mick Fanning so I don't think I'll burn anyone at Snapper!
If I do happen to burn someone at Snapper I am sorry and must be hunger pains, because when I don't get my Snickers I think I am Mick Fanning....hahaha

maj's picture
maj's picture
maj Tuesday, 18 May 2010 at 10:04am

Shaun, Shaun, Shaun ... i would proberly take offence, but i just can't be bothered.

mtw's picture
mtw's picture
mtw Tuesday, 18 May 2010 at 10:10am

Well said antifroth, maj go and have a snickers bar, if this does not work, we can beat the fanning out of you. It is not too late to save you.

antifroth's picture
antifroth's picture
antifroth Tuesday, 18 May 2010 at 10:17am

Thanks mtw.
What does mtw stand for?

maj's picture
maj's picture
maj Tuesday, 18 May 2010 at 10:37am

MTW stand for Mighty Thick Wanker

mtw's picture
mtw's picture
mtw Tuesday, 18 May 2010 at 11:00am

Ha Ha, that is pretty good!By the way your village just called, they want their idiot back.

the-observer's picture
the-observer's picture
the-observer Tuesday, 18 May 2010 at 10:08pm

FYI, I was there, saw the wave, saw the drop in, saw the guy who mick dropped in on fall off on the bottom turn on his previous 3 waves hence getting burnt by everyone from then on. also mister "micks a kook" jealousy will get you nowhere, so try to have a great day at pre-school there are pills available that will stop you getting seasick when your bobbing up and down way out on the shoulder wishing u had the ticker to takeoff in the pit.

ed's picture
ed's picture
ed Wednesday, 19 May 2010 at 12:36am

You guys really didnt like my comment, ok.
i just wanted to make you consider it from a different angle. What i didnt want is for you to jump on the dumbass wagon and take it literally, to the point where comparisons are being drawn up by mtw. Or where antirfroth discusses permits and answers his own dumbass rhetorical question...