Shark Attack at Mona...

stunet's picture
stunet started the topic in Thursday, 11 Feb 2010 at 1:50am

A fella was attacked by a small shark this morning at Mona Vale. Happened at 8 o'clock. By 11 he'd signed an exclusive deal with Channel Nine.

Anyone got a small, well-trained shark they can lend me?

dan_3's picture
dan_3's picture
dan_3 Thursday, 11 Feb 2010 at 1:54am

from the look of his leg it looked like he stepped on an angry wobby rather than getting bitten by a 2 meter great white as he is claiming.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 11 Feb 2010 at 2:09am

Mixed reports to the Manly Daily and Police as well...

tim's picture
tim's picture
tim Thursday, 11 Feb 2010 at 2:28am

i got bitten by a march fly the other day.. i wonder if i can sell the rights to that, it bloody hurt.

jasons's picture
jasons's picture
jasons Thursday, 11 Feb 2010 at 2:36am

Where did I put my strap on shark fin???

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 11 Feb 2010 at 4:06am

Report on Catalyst tonight about tagging white sharks off the east coast of Oz. Kent Stannard from Whitetag Research will feature.

8PM ABC1

patty's picture
patty's picture
patty Thursday, 11 Feb 2010 at 4:43am

^^^nice PR stunt then!!!

stevebastoni-hotmail-com's picture
stevebastoni-hotmail-com's picture
stevebastoni-ho... Thursday, 11 Feb 2010 at 4:53am

I Hear he`s talking to channel nine about a movie deal, Roberta Williams is playing the shark.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 11 Feb 2010 at 5:23am

^^^Hope she can do good version of a wobbegong...

sandspit's picture
sandspit's picture
sandspit Thursday, 11 Feb 2010 at 9:03pm

didn't look like much of a wound to me! I've had bigger injuries jumping off the back of Currumbin

fizzwarna's picture
fizzwarna's picture
fizzwarna Thursday, 11 Feb 2010 at 10:21pm

Sharks in the ocean, cougars on the land, white pointers on the beach, stingers travelling south . . . man I'm staying indoors.
Now was that aluminium ceiling insulation I just had installed phzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sh . . . t

philgallagher's picture
philgallagher's picture
philgallagher Friday, 12 Feb 2010 at 5:32am

Seems like the guy should of toughened up like this pretty little red head from NZ,
Link

peterb's picture
peterb's picture
peterb Friday, 12 Feb 2010 at 5:47am

welshi is know to me, lucky the shark bit him first,

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 12 Feb 2010 at 6:12am

Good to hear from you PB. How'd you like the new joint?

nuckenfutz's picture
nuckenfutz's picture
nuckenfutz Friday, 12 Feb 2010 at 6:24am

So, it was a wobby. Fearsome beasts there are too! We used to grab them for a tow snorkeling around Catherine Hill Bay when we were young tuckers (on the flat days). There also used to be a resident population of Gray Nurses there around the pier. We saw them regularly, but never worried about them. Sadly, they have since disappeared. A sign of the times, I guess. It was very amusing hearing that shark jock giving his big rap about white pointers and how it came up from underneath and smashed him and it turned out to be a wobby. Classic!

danny-ocean's picture
danny-ocean's picture
danny-ocean Friday, 12 Feb 2010 at 9:36am

you have got to be kidding me.
this guy is an absolute girl. ive had worse injuries falling off my bike!
the only reason it looks bad is cause of all the water thats made the blood look so much worse its a little scratch.
dead set now we can all thank the media for blowing a stupid situation out of proportion once again and making it look as though every day someone gets bitten by a shark.
this guy needs a glass of concrete to harden up.

markaavi63's picture
markaavi63's picture
markaavi63 Friday, 12 Feb 2010 at 11:19am

Had bigger shaving cuts, Pa realy showed the little'un , this is how you make money!

sunny's picture
sunny's picture
sunny Friday, 12 Feb 2010 at 11:44am

Pussys like ol Shark bite only fuel the media frenzy which keep the mass's perpetually in fear of sticking there big toe in the ocean.
Less toes in the ocean=less surfers...

Let sharks live they do a great job of making the ocean an interesting and formidiable challenge.

peterb's picture
peterb's picture
peterb Friday, 12 Feb 2010 at 9:08pm

Liking it plenty Stu, not liking how the coast looks 30 years on though, six days from av to suffo and it's buggered for mine - except for Woodburn and a couple of streets in Macksville -

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 13 Feb 2010 at 12:02am

Head south Pete. And west.

The Eyre Peninsula is like the north coast was excepting the lack of mango trees and warm water. There's no pointbreaks either, nor pleasant rolling hills, or even any trees...but there are fuck all people, and the few locals are angry and resent outsiders. Just like Byron 1964.

Then again Buzz and Jordy just got their license, packed the Camry and headed north. Had the best trip of their lives.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Saturday, 13 Feb 2010 at 12:23am

Camry? What kind of surf wagon is that?

peterb's picture
peterb's picture
peterb Saturday, 13 Feb 2010 at 1:52am

Steady Ben, those days are in the past - these days, if it rolls .. it's good enough

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Saturday, 13 Feb 2010 at 2:00am

Sure Pete.. anything that'll get me down the coast is fine. Spent a couple of years on the Goldy without a car at all, the pushie was fine most of the time but I longed for the early dawn patrol south of the border to escape the crush.

Just could never imagine doing it in a Camry, that's all.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Saturday, 13 Feb 2010 at 2:02am

How did we go from White Pointer to Camry in two and a half pages? Jeez :D

peterb's picture
peterb's picture
peterb Saturday, 13 Feb 2010 at 2:44am

haven't started on your valentine day hoody yet matey, ... you beast !

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 13 Feb 2010 at 4:38am

Ben, when you're 17 and 18 the Camry is king! Just take the 'Mum's Taxi' sticker off and point the bastard north.

humpty's picture
humpty's picture
humpty Saturday, 13 Feb 2010 at 7:11am

Wobbegong plague? Next comes the media attack on commercial fishing restrictions being responsible for the 'recent spate' of attacks on the East Coast.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/woman-attacked-by-shark-in-the-whitsunday...

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Saturday, 13 Feb 2010 at 7:55am

Camry's are the best! Had one for a good 3 years or so and it went everywhere from Victor twice a week, Yorkes every month to the South East and Falls 3 times.

The car that keeps on going! Love the Camry Wagon!