Matthew Perrin to stand trial

blindboy's picture
blindboy started the topic in Tuesday, 25 Feb 2014 at 6:25pm
thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Tuesday, 25 Feb 2014 at 7:53pm

Interesting how the 'Billabong' tag remains fixed to every article about him, even if the topic at hand doesn't directly concern Bong. 

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Wednesday, 26 Feb 2014 at 6:02am
thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 26 Feb 2014 at 6:39am

Yeah I saw that earlier in the month. However to me it reads more as advertorial for the company that sent the press release (Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP).

I mean, the first sentence starts off: "Juan E. Monteverde, a partner at Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP, a leading national securities firm headquartered in New York City..." - not particularly biased, is it?

And... it has a familiar sound to this 'article' from 2012, created and publicised by 'Shareholder rights firm Robbins Umeda LLP'.

"Shareholder rights firm Robbins Umeda LLP is investigating possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of the law by certain officers and directors of Quiksilver, Inc".

The article finishes with: "Robbins Umeda LLP is a nationally recognized leader in securities litigation and shareholder rights law. The firm represents individual and institutional investors in shareholder derivative and securities class action lawsuits, and has helped its clients realize more than $1 billion of value for themselves and the companies in which they have invested".

I quickly Googled "Robbins Umeda LLP Quiksilver" however it brough up a list of websites that published the initial press release ("Robbins Umeda LLP Announces an Investigation of Quiksilver, Inc" etc) however I can't see to find any evidence of whether their 'investigation' found anything at all.

Now that fourteen months has passed, surely they should have some results? 

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Wednesday, 26 Feb 2014 at 2:34pm

they did give themselves plenty of free beer, whilst the SH haven't had a div in years .