EGGS are OUT - CHIA is IN...

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish started the topic in Tuesday, 18 Feb 2014 at 6:09pm

sorry Uppo, but RKS has made it official, you are livin' in a farty party egg-world past.

EGGS are OUT. CHIA is IN. I told ya' so ages ago. Welcome to the plant protein super-food next GENs. Chia, Hemp Protein, Quinoa.

I've been having Chia for breaky or snack for a awhile. I mix it into fresh juiced apple juice less the sediment, put it in the fridge, and it forms an easily digested jelly. Or just chuck some on your cereal.

I'm guessin' the Chia farm Slats visits is up in the WA Kununnurra Irragation Belt, if others know different please advise.

(Only kiddin Uppo, eggs are excellent, but I can only eat 1 or 2 at a time. I'm not the Egg hellman like yourself.)

Good health and wellbeing, sid.

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Tuesday, 18 Feb 2014 at 6:13pm
uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Tuesday, 18 Feb 2014 at 8:09pm

Hey how are you sid. Yeh, chia is good, not as good as hemp though. I used to use tons of chia, its great for vegetarians/vegans due to the oil. Better than flax. I still recommend it to plenty of clients. Love watching them try and get the seeds out of their teeth, especially the women. Or get them to chuck it in their porridge and watch it set into a jelly brick on them.

To get the amount of protein I like, its pretty inefficient. Its imbecilic that industrial hemp isn't legal, its the super plant for sure. Everything matches perfectly for human consumption, then there's all the other uses, fibres, clothes, resins, the list is endless. Advance Australia fair. My theory is that we developed alongside it for so long we are designed to match it. Chia reminds me of spirulina, awesome, but when you try to use the quantities that make a difference, re protein, and oil, you run into issues. Cost for one. And on top, eggs are a super assmilatable vitamin B (such an under estimated recovery necessity) treasure chest. Its a comedy, like flax, even whey, chia was ridiculously cheap. Until it became the latest a few years ago, then the prices skyrocketed.

Chia has some real issues though. It is a powerfull blood thinner. Really unsuitable for people with low blood pressure, or that can't clot when cut. Or anyone on blood thinning medication. Even for anyone, and speaking from experience, you'll get noticeable irregularities in your heart beat if you have a lot, which stops when you cut back on the amount, due to the blood thinning.

Whey is awesome, WPC over WPI, considering it was once chucked out. You could get it for next to nothing once, pig food. Aids changed that. It burst on the scene then, became the superstar then, re boosting recovery and immunity. Away went the price.

RKS'y? Fucked knees, back, shoulders, no thanks. Chia won't cut it. Before everyone goes into siezures:

Not our farkin' kewwy you farkin ###****, !!! ***#ing, upfucked ###ing, ######, blasphemous, upcunted fuckwit!!!!!!!! Waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I played a sport famous for fucking up backs, knees ankles and shoulders at the top level for years, and at 60 am injury free. Everyone I played with was horrified at my eating style, but they all went under the knife. Plus, this is the clincher, I surfed blacks day in day out for years, need I say more? Really?

Best thing you can do sid, is throw half the seeds to the chooks, and start scramblin'.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 18 Feb 2014 at 8:35pm

Seems to work for Kelly, this is taken from a recent article kelly wrote on another website.

"I’ve been eating chia for a number of years, but last year I was working out with a friend in Hawaii who said you can soak chia in coconut water overnight and eat it for breakfast. He said it has all the essential fats (Omega 3) you need and the amino acids. So I started doing that, then added berries and some nuts. It has become a staple for me"

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Wednesday, 19 Feb 2014 at 12:21am

Agent "Bourne"

Interesting post mate

Then it went weird .....!

Quote "Not our farkin' kewwy you farkin ###****, !!! ***#ing, upfucked ###ing, ######, blasphemous, upcunted fuckwit!!!!!!!! Waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!"

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Wednesday, 19 Feb 2014 at 1:49am

Welling, RKS has got stuffed knees back and shoulders. Nutrition contributes to that in a huge way. It is that, in reality. The job of a fitness/health trainer, whether its for him, Joe Blow, Usain Bolt, Maureen Stevens, or whoever telling you about their awesome nutrition, and or exercise regime, is to be neutral and analytical. The story sounds great, very convincing, especially coming from RKS, or famous people such as Sly Stallone, (Instone supps are my secret), but healthwise the glaring facts are in this case, stuffed knees, back, shoulders. That and any other medical issues take precedence, for the person's benefit and legally for the trainer. Its pretty simple though, like maths. X + Y + Z = stuffed knees, back and shoulders. If you want a different answer, you need different components adding up to the answer of the equation. A different story. As you can see from the other reply, some people would never dream of questioning a sports star, assuming they must know heaps about health and fitness. Many sports stars end their careers because of crippling injuries, and deal with them for the rest of their lives. Experience shows changing the components of the equation, the story, the well worn pattern, can often be insurmountable. And questioning highly successful people often gets their fans bristling. Its happened many times on this site. Its all in the perception. I view it as weird that people would overlook all the injuries. Then the story often is that its just part and parcel of the territory. Clinging to that one is surefire doom. Like clinging to a four minute mile, or flight, as a scientifically proven impossibility. Some people ditch it, the proven 'facts', persist and stay focused on a different more beneficial direction, and it becomes a reality. So a four minute mile happens and the world is covered with planes and airports. Yet, the initial instigators were once ridiculed as idiots, dreamers, weird even.

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Wednesday, 19 Feb 2014 at 6:30am

Good info Uppo. Was never suggesting chia was the be all 'n end all. Just a "new" product, well its actually ancient, that crew may wanna check out. It's interesting RKS promo'ing it via Woolies. I hear ya about the seeds, but in solution, juices etc, they soften up a little.

As for EGGs, like I said I struggle to eat more than 2, I do enjoy them in moderation, just find them too rich and struggle getting my head around eating chickens' menstral discharge at times. Also have friends that are fully vego and reckon eggs give them bad bile.

Hemp protein, now that is both good gear and interesting.

Actually bought some Tempeh, last month, hadn't had it in years.

Ultimately, gimme fish anyday, flathead will do, even garfish, without going top shelf fish KGW etc, oh yeah, stream caught trout smoked goes pretty good, the farmed stuff is pretty crap.

dunno about RKS having all that fucked back/knees, seems pretty evergreen to me.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Wednesday, 19 Feb 2014 at 7:02am

Uppy you must have missed the air Kelly did at bells a couple of years ago. Knees looked pretty solid during that.

salt's picture
salt's picture
salt Wednesday, 19 Feb 2014 at 7:23am

Fuck the chai, I just love the track that is on the add, likke li 'I follow rivers', something about that chick....

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Wednesday, 19 Feb 2014 at 12:30pm

Easy fixed sid, just eat two emu eggs a day. RKS has himself highlighted those injuries in numerous interviews. Sardines are good, but be picky with the form, all the calcium, etc in a good way too.

It gets weirder too welling, seems some scientists found droppings in the woods of Northern NSW, that were full of chia seeds, that suddenly recomposed themselves back into seedlings. DNA sampling can only mean one thing, that the Yeti have finally mated with Aliens. Hold that thought, gotta go, next client will be here in a minute.

'Hi, how's it today, dya' hear the latest news, we may find it usefull... come back, no really, I can help you... have ya tried chia seeds... come back!!!'

ACB__'s picture
ACB__'s picture
ACB__ Wednesday, 19 Feb 2014 at 9:45am

Have you guys not see the latest adds being bombarded on channel 7 (during my block viewing).

KS's doing heaps for http://www.thechiaco.com.au/

billroy's picture
billroy's picture
billroy Thursday, 20 Feb 2014 at 9:12am

The checkout (ABC program that unveils marketing tactics) did an expose on 'superfoods' and found that they are good for you, likeany other natural foods you eat, and not substantially better. They aimed it at Goji berries but it applies to qquinoa, spirolina, chia, kale etc. Usually cite some ancient tribes use of it and put a shitload of money into bias research.