Submitted by udo on Mon, 01/13/2014 - 13:30
RIP to mother and daughter who passed in bali recently and condolences to the family.
both fell ill possibly after eating a fish meal ? anaphylactic shock highly possible , with the use of cyanide as a fish catching method in parts of Indonesia .
and only two people falling ill from the same restaurant with other patrons also eating fish meals and such a quick death ? maybe only one fish was holding a lethal amount of cyanide .....bit far fetched ? ?
credit to Richard branson for flying the deceased home free of charge and offering the family free flights if they wished to accompany.
A terrible, tragic story indeed. Condolences to the family.
a good percentage of bali fish are actually farmed in java and shipped to bali restaurants , tourist think there eating freshly caught fish from local fisherman.
Didn't know Richard Branson flew them home for free. Good on him!
Sad story though, and the results of the autopsy over here will be interesting.
I read a report yesterday from the restaurant owner that the fish they ate was also served to others in the restaurant (ie the mother and daughter only had one fillet and the other fillet was served to another patron) and they were all fine.
Very sad story indeed, but the reports of significant medications in the hotel room beg a serious question, but I'll wait for the autopsy results first.
mother was a nursing sister so would have known her drugs and what drugs were found would have been legit one would think and not indo counterfit .
Let's just wait for the autopsy. Although toxicology report could take ages to come out.