Carpark board squash

cgrover's picture
cgrover started the topic in Tuesday, 2 May 2023 at 2:12pm

Thanks to Raf, the bloke who parked next to me in the Middleton carpark who was so sorry about running over the tail of my board, offered to pay for it, even take it to The Ding King, despite it being out of danger and impossible to hit has now it appears has either blocked my number or turned his phone off. Maybe pick up or send me a text. SA hasn't got that many surf spots and there aren't that many of, we'll cross paths sooner or later.

tiff's picture
tiff's picture
tiff Tuesday, 2 May 2023 at 8:30pm

That sucks!
There’s a few Raf’s on the Facebook groups Epic South Oz Surf, South Aussie Surfers and South Oz Surfboard Buy & Sell. Could hunt him down there.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 2 May 2023 at 8:40pm
cgrover wrote:

Thanks to Raf, the bloke who parked next to me in the Middleton carpark who was so sorry about running over the tail of my board, offered to pay for it, even take it to The Ding King, despite it being out of danger and impossible to hit has now it appears has either blocked my number or turned his phone off. Maybe pick up or send me a text. SA hasn't got that many surf spots and there aren't that many of, we'll cross paths sooner or later.

Impossible to hit? But he hit it.

Seems to be more to the story, not saying you’re wrong but your story has a few holes.

Either way, fix your board and go surf.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Wednesday, 3 May 2023 at 5:18am

You left your board on the ground where it could be run over, your fault. Deal with it.

Clam's picture
Clam's picture
Clam Wednesday, 3 May 2023 at 10:31am

Does this Raf guy have a strong accent because he's a foreigner ?

cgrover's picture
cgrover's picture
cgrover Wednesday, 3 May 2023 at 1:17pm

Yep South American or Spanish???

cgrover's picture
cgrover's picture
cgrover Wednesday, 3 May 2023 at 1:18pm
tiff wrote:

That sucks!
There’s a few Raf’s on the Facebook groups Epic South Oz Surf, South Aussie Surfers and South Oz Surfboard Buy & Sell. Could hunt him down there.

cgrover's picture
cgrover's picture
cgrover Wednesday, 3 May 2023 at 1:18pm

Thanks

tiff's picture
tiff's picture
tiff Wednesday, 3 May 2023 at 2:44pm

Depending on your home and contents insurance you might be able to make a claim. I have coverage for any item outside of my house to the value of $1k for loss or damage. $100 excess, which isn’t worth it for small dings but this sounds like it could be more than $100 worth to repair. This cover usually doesn’t cover damage whilst in use. And as yours wasn’t in use it could potentially be claimable.

cgrover's picture
cgrover's picture
cgrover Wednesday, 3 May 2023 at 3:12pm

Thanks Tiff I'll look into that, it's about 200-250 repair, just caught the end by the tail and the tail pad might have save the foam a bit. And it was a small light vehicle. Still a bummer but there it is.

Denyer's picture
Denyer's picture
Denyer Sunday, 7 May 2023 at 1:19pm

Absolutely your fault, don't leave it on the asphalt next time.

cgrover's picture
cgrover's picture
cgrover Tuesday, 9 May 2023 at 6:55pm

The good news is that Leyton Clarke aka The Ding King at Hackam is a master. Thanks

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Tuesday, 9 May 2023 at 9:26pm

And on another positive note- I bet you won't do that again.

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Wednesday, 10 May 2023 at 2:09pm

Maybe pick a car that has reverse cameras on it next time when deciding where to put your board.

cgrover's picture
cgrover's picture
cgrover Wednesday, 10 May 2023 at 6:34pm

Ha I'll keep it in mind