Violence in the lineup

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog started the topic in Friday, 7 Apr 2023 at 5:10pm
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 7 Apr 2023 at 5:11pm

Having seen the chatter in the Bali thread, I think this topic needs it's own forum. Discuss this assault, and any others you wish

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 7 Apr 2023 at 5:40pm

If JP the Brazzo has been such a cnut in Bali - Ulu and Padang for so long why the Fk havent the Indo boys sorted him ...im thinking Sanur Boys and there Violence....What you reckon Supa...Bashed in one Session carrying on like a cnut over East Coast...Machete Cut to the Achilles or dropped off by boat in the Middle of the Lombok straight..

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 7 Apr 2023 at 6:02pm

JP comes across as the type of bloke that only has a go at women and children, with locals he would be all smiles and high fives . If that left is the same one I’m thinking of , it got taken over by italians years ago who claim it as their own private break . Pretty funny as they are old kooks with big attitudes. Fun little wave but hardly worth punching on over .

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 7 Apr 2023 at 6:33pm

What’s the best punishment for this JP grub?

Some more comments on Instagram from neighbours saying they hear him beat his new girl weekly.

He seems like the worst kind of human.

A solid flogging then a 2 year stint at Hotel K seems appropriate

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 7 Apr 2023 at 6:43pm

Cut off a Hand .

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Friday, 7 Apr 2023 at 8:15pm

The photo’s of his exs face from 2018-2019 are pretty bad. Hospitalised with head trauma. Also run out of his home town by the sounds of things.

What also I find amusing is they where both touting themselves as”Professional surfers”. I’d be cautious of anyone “identifying” as a pro surfer. Geez! Work dodgers in reality

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Friday, 7 Apr 2023 at 8:40pm

Beating up your girlfriend I cannot comprehend, even though it happens. Special breed of scumbag I guess, but not wishing violence on this pathetic human. Put him in a cell and then fuck him back off to Brazil. His life is ruined now, people know who and what he is ..

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Friday, 7 Apr 2023 at 8:46pm

Just when you think you've heard it all, there are apparently reports that he also set fire to the ex-girlfriends dog.
https://www.surfertoday.com/surfing/surfer-sara-taylor-victim-of-shockin...

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 7 Apr 2023 at 10:51pm

Skeptical.

Maybe hotdog was lost in the translation somewhere there.

Who‘d do that?

This blokes about to lose his livelihood let alone his lifestyle for the forseeable future. As for punishment, that's a pretty good start.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 7 Apr 2023 at 11:17pm

"For every action, there's a reaction".
Even more true when every phone is a camera.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 8 Apr 2023 at 7:15am

The outrage seems overly amplified…because it’s a female getting hit. Surfer hypocrisy is hilarious as violence is accepted and encouraged and laughed at in some locations.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 8 Apr 2023 at 7:26am
Roadkill wrote:

The outrage seems overly amplified…because it’s a female getting hit. Surfer hypocrisy is hilarious as violence is accepted and encouraged and laughed at in some locations.

Another ridiculous comment:

He also bashed his ex girl badly and reports from neighbours that they hear him bashing his current girl

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 8 Apr 2023 at 7:51am

Don't forget the dog also.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 8 Apr 2023 at 7:55am

He’s opened his Instagram account.

Says he’s safe in Bali because the residents love him and is known as one of the best surfers on the Island.

It’s clear he has mental issues

https://instagram.com/jp_azevedosurfy

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 8 Apr 2023 at 7:59am
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Another ridiculous comment:

He also bashed his ex girl badly and reports from neighbours that they hear him bashing his current girl

Yeah..so what does that say about the neighbours and the locals?

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Saturday, 8 Apr 2023 at 8:09am
udo wrote:

If JP the Brazzo has been such a cnut in Bali - Ulu and Padang for so long why the Fk havent the Indo boys sorted him ...im thinking Sanur Boys and there Violence....What you reckon Supa...Bashed in one Session carrying on like a cnut over East Coast...Machete Cut to the Achilles or dropped off by boat in the Middle of the Lombok straight..

Udo. I like your latter recommendation for that Brazzo. Nobody’s surviving being dropped in the middle of the Lombok Strait, he’d become a lead sinker
within 40 minutes, all those vortices would eventually send him under, for good. AW

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 8 Apr 2023 at 8:20am

It's unbelievable that a guy can hit a random girl in the surf, he should be deported ASAP if he isnt he is paying somebody and in that case i hope his life in Bali is ruined and he gets a regular dose of his own medicine.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 8 Apr 2023 at 8:49am

Was not only in the Surf he was Swinging he had a few more goes in the Carpark - Appleshift 4 says theres more Footage to come.
His insta now gone again.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 8 Apr 2023 at 9:23am

His insta would have been bombarded with hate messages, he was probably testing to feel the vibe , blokes lucky not to be locked up yet .

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Saturday, 8 Apr 2023 at 9:33am
Roadkill wrote:

I saw Jonny boy Gomes chimed in on the original Insta post about sending him to Hawaii for some justice.
Did JBG belt a female Ozzie surfer in the water?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 8 Apr 2023 at 9:51am
goofyfoot wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

I saw Jonny boy Gomes chimed in on the original Insta post about sending him to Hawaii for some justice.
Did JBG belt a female Ozzie surfer in the water?

https://tracksmag.com.au/surfings-infamous-slap-and-crack-moments%EF%BF%BC

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Saturday, 8 Apr 2023 at 10:03am

Agree with Indo on this one, if it had happened here and that footage emerged it would be on A Current Affair and the guy would be fronting a Magistrate and probably some jail time before he was deported, never to return. Different world over there.
Violence against women is intolerable, in any situation, but violence in the line up is part of surfing culture, a part that gets glossed over by the merchandisers and the WSL wall of positivity that gets sold to the mainstream to move product and get clicks. Even Hollywood acknowledged it when it has dipped it's toes into surfing. The Blackshorts featured in North Shore, Keanu got punched out in Point Break and had that beach fight with Anthony Kiedis and Vince Klyn where Swayze showed up and went all Roadhouse on them, John Milius included the Enforcer character based on Ray Kunze in Big Wednesday.
It's a part of the sport, localism, violence. Always been there, During the revival era the original Hui Nalu at Waikiki was formed out of local resentment in part, Duke was a founding member. You can even trace it back to the ancient sport and kapu. It was there when the Pros started the tour and Rabbit wrote 'Bustin' Down the Door' which should have been subtitled 'Bustin' my teeth down my throat', We've had the Hui, the Wolf Pak, the Bra Boys, the White Shirts at J Bay. California is storied in it. Every beach has history. Some guys have built careers around it, like JBG. If you surf long enough you've seen it, been it one way or the other. It's sad, but often deemed necessary to preserve local wave counts or prevent danger in the line up, or payback for kooks. Human nature.
This incident is totally wrong and an extreme example, sucker punching a girl, who by the well understood rules, was in the right, but it's not a surprise given what the Butik has become. Perhaps it has come to light at an opportune time considering Steve's article on his observations surfing the Pass with a new breed of leashless female mal riders, sold a dream that comes with a dark side that they seem unaware of. The new breed of surfer needs to know and understand it, because it is not going away, it's only going to get worse. The only way to avoid it is to avoid it, avoid the super crowded line ups, know the rules and play by them, show patience, give away waves instead of just taking them because you can, respect the established locals, and wear a fucking legrope.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Saturday, 8 Apr 2023 at 10:31am

Seems always these days it's the kook doing the dropping in, or the snaking, that gets violent.

Deservedly, this bloke is got this month (or maybe only week's) title of most hated surfer. Unfortunately I feel there's many more unrecorded cases on a daily basis.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Saturday, 8 Apr 2023 at 10:34am
adam12 wrote:

It's a part of the sport, localism, violence.

A shit part of surfing and a shit part of popular culture. Violence is normalised. Feel it's getting better but it ain't anything to be proud of.

Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams Saturday, 8 Apr 2023 at 11:04am

Adam 12 nailing it.

Went for a surf got punched out.
Went for a surf, did you see who I punched out?
Killing it brah, how where the waves?
#hardcuntz

and then there is this

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Saturday, 8 Apr 2023 at 11:51am

Fortunately the wozzle has the answer.

"The growth and the explosion of the sport, with the firepower we have with our surfers is something that the sport has never seen. And our job as the WSL is really simple – to grow and create the world’s largest platform for professional surfing.”

The secret wozzle plan is to push crowds to the point we give up on the selfish "my wave" concept and learn to share - most waves could manage 3 to 4 riders if we all stopped that silly turning stuff.

Elo does not turn his SUP and he is the future.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Saturday, 8 Apr 2023 at 11:53am
adam12 wrote:

Agree with Indo on this one, if it had happened here and that footage emerged it would be on A Current Affair and the guy would be fronting a Magistrate and probably some jail time before he was deported, never to return. Different world over there.
Violence against women is intolerable, in any situation, but violence in the line up is part of surfing culture, a part that gets glossed over by the merchandisers and the WSL wall of positivity that gets sold to the mainstream to move product and get clicks. Even Hollywood acknowledged it when it has dipped it's toes into surfing. The Blackshorts featured in North Shore, Keanu got punched out in Point Break and had that beach fight with Anthony Kiedis and Vince Klyn where Swayze showed up and went all Roadhouse on them, John Milius included the Enforcer character based on Ray Kunze in Big Wednesday.
It's a part of the sport, localism, violence. Always been there, During the revival era the original Hui Nalu at Waikiki was formed out of local resentment in part, Duke was a founding member. You can even trace it back to the ancient sport and kapu. It was there when the Pros started the tour and Rabbit wrote 'Bustin' Down the Door' which should have been subtitled 'Bustin' my teeth down my throat', We've had the Hui, the Wolf Pak, the Bra Boys, the White Shirts at J Bay. California is storied in it. Every beach has history. Some guys have built careers around it, like JBG. If you surf long enough you've seen it, been it one way or the other. It's sad, but often deemed necessary to preserve local wave counts or prevent danger in the line up, or payback for kooks. Human nature.
This incident is totally wrong and an extreme example, sucker punching a girl, who by the well understood rules, was in the right, but it's not a surprise given what the Butik has become. Perhaps it has come to light at an opportune time considering Steve's article on his observations surfing the Pass with a new breed of leashless female mal riders, sold a dream that comes with a dark side that they seem unaware of. The new breed of surfer needs to know and understand it, because it is not going away, it's only going to get worse. The only way to avoid it is to avoid it, avoid the super crowded line ups, know the rules and play by them, show patience, give away waves instead of just taking them because you can, respect the established locals, and wear a fucking legrope.

Great post Adam. It is what it is, you can't wish it away and then just drop in on people repeatedly.
The presence of a code of rules, respect and enforcement stops much of the violence.

Sprout's picture
Sprout's picture
Sprout Sunday, 9 Apr 2023 at 10:58am

Chatting to a little grommy I'd never met the other day, friendly kid. Wave of the day came straight to me, I had priority, but I called him into it and he made a nice little drainer. He came out so stoked, paddled off to his dad on the next bank over raving about it and how I hooted him into it.

Made his day. Made mine too.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Sunday, 9 Apr 2023 at 11:05am

Right on Sprout.

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Sunday, 9 Apr 2023 at 12:14pm

Give a wave away a day. Nice one sprout.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Sunday, 9 Apr 2023 at 12:45pm

Good one!

Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam Sunday, 9 Apr 2023 at 12:56pm

Who would you rather share a lineup with, JP or the girl? Both absolute nightmare fuckwits but only one of em is untouchable…

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Sunday, 9 Apr 2023 at 1:31pm
Sprout wrote:

Chatting to a little grommy I'd never met the other day, friendly kid. Wave of the day came straight to me, I had priority, but I called him into it and he made a nice little drainer. He came out so stoked, paddled off to his dad on the next bank over raving about it and how I hooted him into it.
Made his day. Made mine too.

You'd fit right in at my local Sprout.
Thanks udo for posting the Grit link, great call-out of onlookers, comments on localism/line-up regulators, and I hadn't realised 'Charlie' was also female.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Sunday, 9 Apr 2023 at 1:40pm
Michael Adam wrote:

Who would you rather share a lineup with, JP or the girl? Both absolute nightmare fuckwits but only one of em is untouchable…

Is this a serious post?

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 9 Apr 2023 at 5:03pm

adam12 and sprout’s comments above are very good.

Just an additional comment that aligns with the lost war story about the Pass.

The most serious injuries I’ve suffered in the surf have come from other surfers not giving a darn about the potential to harm others, not careless kook-like but deliberate decisions to recklessly put others at risk: dropping in, padding too deep and letting their boards go etc. I had my calf ripped open by a guy who deliberately ran over my leg at the Pass and spent weeks in bed followed by months of physio after getting a mal catapulted into my lower back. Both deliberate acts so violence in the surf comes in many forms. Oddly it’s meant to be fun

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 11 Apr 2023 at 11:37am

Word is JP Brazzo has been Deported..

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Tuesday, 11 Apr 2023 at 11:47am

any links to this udo?

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 11 Apr 2023 at 11:51am

canggu_bali insta - only info i have seen.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Tuesday, 11 Apr 2023 at 11:57am

Ah, cheers, keep us non-socials posted ; )

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Tuesday, 11 Apr 2023 at 12:23pm

Incorrect post edited out. I think his insta is deactivated.

I hope he is deported.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Tuesday, 11 Apr 2023 at 12:30pm

Clif on these forums gave me a good wave one day when i was learning how to ride a fish..Best wave i caught all day and got a double up tube, afterwards somehow falling off on other takeoffs...Anyway stoked there are people like sprout and Clif around sharing the stoke..

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Tuesday, 11 Apr 2023 at 2:10pm

Bit of a lame excuse really thinking she was bloke. He could have at least used the "I thought you were my boyfriend" excuse!! Shows the lack of brain cells this moron has thinking his mistaken gender identification was his reason for throwing the punch in the first place. Sounds like that backtrack excuse went nowhere.

Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam Wednesday, 12 Apr 2023 at 1:27am

Great writing there Blumpkin. I miss Blowin too.

icandig's picture
icandig's picture
icandig Wednesday, 12 Apr 2023 at 8:12pm

Things are grim when Granny wants to punch on.