Swellnet App - developer discussion

Jono's picture
Jono started the topic in Tuesday, 27 Sep 2022 at 10:48am

Forum topic for Swellnet App news and announcements, and any discussion regarding the App.

Jono's picture
Jono's picture
Jono Tuesday, 27 Sep 2022 at 10:54am

Version 2.1.0 has just been released which includes Forecaster Notes and various performance updates and minor bug fixes. The App should automatically update for most users, if not go here to download the update:

iOS: https://apps.apple.com/au/app/swellnet/id1066432845
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.swellnet_app

MitchTheDev's picture
MitchTheDev's picture
MitchTheDev Thursday, 6 Oct 2022 at 8:49am

Hi everyone, just letting you know version 2.1.1 has just released with some minor bug fixes and speed improvements.

MitchTheDev's picture
MitchTheDev's picture
MitchTheDev Thursday, 27 Oct 2022 at 10:12am

Hey all, version 2.1.3 is now available on Android and iOS with some significant bug fixes and performance gains. Definitely worth upgrading to!

What’s New:

- Fixed video syncing issues.
- Fixed video offline errors that came from pause toggling.
- Fixed video sleep/wake issues.
- Improved visibility sensor for video thumbnails.
- Improved Home Screen video thumbnail loading performance.
- Added video buffering indicator.
- Video now honours the user’s pause interaction and will not auto-resume until the user hits play again.
- Fixed the app from crashing on Android when idle or returning after period of inactivity (Note: you'll have this already if you're on 2.1.2).

MitchTheDev's picture
MitchTheDev's picture
MitchTheDev Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 9:27am

Hey all, version 2.1.4 is now available on Android and iOS with minor tweaks:

What's New:

- Fixed bug that prevented live thumbnails from playing when user had only few favourites.
- Performance tweak when moving from the Home screen to Location screen.

MitchTheDev's picture
MitchTheDev's picture
MitchTheDev Saturday, 10 Dec 2022 at 9:18am

Morning all, version 2.1.7 is now available on the app stores:

What's New:

- You can now reorder your favourite surfcams and locations through drag and drop via the app's slide out menu.
- Fullscreen video is now slightly snappier when re-orienting.
- Minor performance gains.

MitchTheDev's picture
MitchTheDev's picture
MitchTheDev Thursday, 9 Feb 2023 at 10:19am

Hey folks, version 2.2.0 is now out on the app stores.

What's New:

- New prepaid in-app subscription alternatives (24-Hour access and 7-Day access) for iOS*.
- Tide Forecasts increased from 5 to 14 days.
- In-app purchase plan details now visible in the slide menu.
- Favourites are no longer lost when plans expire.
- Removed duplicates sometimes appearing in Surf Reports.
- Slightly improved app startup for pro users (skips the brief Login slide transition).
- Fixed status bar bug showing as grey in some versions of Android.

*Unfortunately our third-party payment service doesn't yet support prepaid subs for Android, so we'll need to wait a little bit for those to become available.

sameaswas's picture
sameaswas's picture
sameaswas Friday, 10 Feb 2023 at 10:42am

i had premium m/shp and cancelled it cos of computer probs thinking all i had to do was rejoin and "it" would sort things out...wrong!
lost my prem m/shp and 9mnths of prepaid, when i rejoined i got 3mnths prepaid and had geeks tome to fix my comp harddrive and log in probs,. i was useing my name for "username" and another for my signature, simple mistake but cost $$ to find out.
anyhoo i know there is no refund, however surely i can have my "lost" prepaid added onto my new subscription and thereby regain my premium m/shp?
dear swellnet ppls is this possible?
cheers

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 10 Feb 2023 at 11:06am

Yes, we can transfer over the subs credit, but just to check - your current account has a subscription. Can you confirm you can see Premium content?

ant shannon's picture
ant shannon's picture
ant shannon Friday, 10 Feb 2023 at 12:39pm

Is the Rye cam Chinese?
Was talking about weather balloons on the way back ...

sameaswas's picture
sameaswas's picture
sameaswas Saturday, 11 Feb 2023 at 10:19am
thermalben wrote:

Yes, we can transfer over the subs credit, but just to check - your current account has a subscription. Can you confirm you can see Premium content?

yes i have premium content, let me know if u need my sub date for premium 12mnth i lost, can check my bank account for payment date(?)...cheers

MitchTheDev's picture
MitchTheDev's picture
MitchTheDev Monday, 27 Mar 2023 at 10:00am

Morning everyone,

Some upgrades to our streaming tech caused some cams to appear offline recently, due to the app's caching system.

There's a new update (v2.3.0) now available on the App Stores that should fix this, just pull-down refresh on any surfcam to manually reset it.

Bustard's picture
Bustard's picture
Bustard Thursday, 30 Mar 2023 at 10:03am

With all these fancy tech apple watches now hitting the surf how long will it be until an app picks them up as data points and provides real life data showing amongst many things - how crowded a line up is, - what the wave period and wave height is, average ride length, wave power ( avg G's in a wipe out ) etc ( I have many more thoughts ) Set your profile up with the personal preferences and the app will determine where you are most likely to get the most waves.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 30 Mar 2023 at 10:14am
Bustard wrote:

With all these fancy tech apple watches now hitting the surf how long will it be until an app picks them up as data points and provides real life data showing amongst many things - how crowded a line up is, - what the wave period and wave height is, average ride length, wave power ( avg G's in a wipe out ) etc ( I have many more thoughts ) Set your profile up with the personal preferences and the app will determine where you are most likely to get the most waves.

like google maps but for waves. I think its very possible very soon

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Thursday, 30 Mar 2023 at 10:15am
Bustard wrote:

Nice, some good thoughts there. Easily doable.

Bustard's picture
Bustard's picture
Bustard Thursday, 30 Mar 2023 at 10:23am

to take it next level - map the data of each wave of the pro's in a comp and place their scores against it....AI the F#$K out of it and in no time at all you will not need judges

suchas's picture
suchas's picture
suchas Thursday, 30 Mar 2023 at 10:47am

AI still in alpha mode-
“ Where is the best surf in NSW today

As an AI language model, I don't have access to real-time information or live data, so I cannot provide you with the current surf conditions in NSW. However, you can check the official websites of the local surf clubs, the Bureau of Meteorology, or surf forecasting websites like Surfline or Coastalwatch for up-to-date information on the surf conditions in NSW. It's important to always check for current conditions and forecasts before heading out to surf, as ocean conditions can change quickly and unexpectedly.”

Jono's picture
Jono's picture
Jono Saturday, 15 Apr 2023 at 10:10am

Replays for all surfcams are now available on the Swellnet App. Our new replay system has launched this morning - update your app to get the latest version. The website interface for replays is still in development and coming soon.

MitchTheDev's picture
MitchTheDev's picture
MitchTheDev Wednesday, 3 May 2023 at 9:33am

Morning everyone,

We've just released version 2.5.0 for Android and iOS. Following on from the new replays feature, this version smooths everything out and applies fixes to long standing player related issues. Hopefully you'll find things generally snappier and more enjoyable to use.

What's New:

- Added video player optimisations to improve performance.
- Fixed glitchy play/pause control states.
- Increased hit areas on replay slider to make dragging more comfortable.
- Raised player controls on landscape so dragging doesn’t conflict with the home indicator on iOS.
- Fixed reliability of replay video posters/thumbs.
- Removed jankiness from replay slider - no more jitter.
- Replay play/pause no longer whips playhead back to the start.
- Fixed replay time buttons falsely showing before 5am.
- Fixed latest replay time-block from glitching out and jumping around.
- Added 2 new items to the FAQ.

Please do let me know if you run into any bugs along the way, enjoy the release!

tiff's picture
tiff's picture
tiff Sunday, 14 May 2023 at 7:13am

How many minutes is it supposed to take to load a replay?
Every time I select a time it just loads and loads and after a few minutes of this I give up.
Also it’s Sunday. And the replays are showing sessions for Today, Friday etc. today isn’t today Sunday it’s today yesterday.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Sunday, 14 May 2023 at 7:17am

Replays are loading immediately for me.

Mine are showing today, Sat, Fri.

Can you please close the App and then reload?

Also, please do a.sped.test via speedtest.net to see how your connection is (slow connections will take a long time to load).

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Sunday, 14 May 2023 at 7:44am

FYI - just did a screen recording.. all looks fine at my end (regular NBN connection, Android phone).

https://i.imgur.com/p7Ltto3.mp4

tiff's picture
tiff's picture
tiff Sunday, 14 May 2023 at 10:06am

That did it. Thanks Ben!

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Sunday, 14 May 2023 at 10:19am

Unreal! I love easy solutions :)

spudsurf's picture
spudsurf's picture
spudsurf Saturday, 27 May 2023 at 10:24am

Any idea when replays will be available on the Swellnet App for Kings Beach, Caloundra?

Jono's picture
Jono's picture
Jono Saturday, 27 May 2023 at 11:03am
spudsurf wrote:

Any idea when replays will be available on the Swellnet App for Kings Beach, Caloundra?

Sorry, replays on that cam appear to have slipped through the cracks and didn't get set up initially. Replays have now been enabled so they'll start showing up from now onwards.