The Ol Salt Mine

wax24's picture
wax24 started the topic in Monday, 30 May 2022 at 11:23pm

So, i am currently lookin out the window of my office. Sun rose maybe 40 mins ago and a beautiful morn is taking shape. I look out at the back parking lot of the hospital. It's much prettier than that sentence makes it seem. It's tree lined with grass everywhere and a vineyard stretching out back beyond it. I have been working alot of 12 and 16 hour shifts (yay, pandemic), which means i get to watch the sun set and then rise again, each shift. One of the little things i love about my job. How about y'all? What little minor perk at the workplace sets ya glowin? Do you work outdoors? (i have and love it) Do you drive around? Travel? Look out of a shop window onto a busy downtown street? Or out a second story window to a big, empty field? I'm not talking about the politics of the place ya work, or whether it pays well, you're treated well, etc... I'm talking about the little things about it that you rarely think to talk about (like me watchin the sunrise this morn).

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Sunday, 2 Apr 2023 at 5:50pm

Great stuff Wax
So often the little things overlooked.
Must be a trip seeing the sun go down and come back up again in the same shift.
I work on a large property, hundreds of acres.
There's a dog named Monty, a kelpie crossed nutjob, who, no matter how bad a day i'm having, when he runs up to me with his stick and the cheeky look in his eye, it becomes the best day everytime.
Except when he dropped his stick in the paint the other day little prick!

wax24's picture
wax24's picture
wax24 Sunday, 2 Apr 2023 at 9:06pm

Yeah, Southern, i love when those little things come and i get to recognize em in real time. Doesn't always happen. Kelpies need lotsa runnin around, from what little i know. I have been looking at alot of rain out this office window the last 3 months. ALOT. It's pretty, too, and we needed it badly, but it sure has played havoc with gettin out there. I'm looking forward to the warm weather just around the corner.