The round ball game

san Guine's picture
san Guine started the topic in Monday, 4 Oct 2021 at 7:59pm

Probably not big with the SN crew, but this guy is the real deal. With UK 1.5 Billion pounds on the pitch (Liverpool v City, great game also) he totally shone

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2021/oct/03/phil-foden-manches...

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Saturday, 28 Oct 2023 at 10:55pm

Grey Wiggle corrects tbb's mish mash Suncorp Roar 3 - Sydney 0
Got'em on the Home leg aggregate...
tbb may have mucked up the day but Grey wiggle mucked up more than that!
Yeah tbb did watch the Final...Qldurrz lost 4 outta 4 footy finals...bloody horror show!
Good as yer last game ... Roar on top > crushed Sydney...Champs yet to win one...

Double disaster for A League Goalies...
https://www.theroar.com.au/soccer/video/watch-andrew-redmaynes-all-time-...
https://www.theroar.com.au/soccer/video/watch-glory-keepers-utterly-howl...

Legs 11
Ange 11 games undefeated run
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ange_Postecoglou

Matildas 11 Oz Big games sellout run of proper old school flow footy.

Rock Star Bloke footy codes can buckle up & learn a trick from the Chix.
Can recall several World Cup 5 min blocks of no rules - lawless high impact Chix Flow Footy.
Chix fight hard for the ball, keep it play & care less for lazy defence & pro fouls.

Fuck the endless foul whistles, boring restarts & zomboid slo-mo over throw replays...

If blokes want the Matildas' fan base then play as team that loves Footy.
Teams show respect & let the ref pocket his whistle to enjoy the game as #1 footy fan.
(Sam's 2x WC calf injuries ...still scoring crackers)

Weird World...flips a reverse battle of the sexes FIFA anomaly.
3 Women were allowed to ref Qatar Men's World Cup games.
Zero Men were allowed to ref Australia's Women's World Cup games
Most Modern Footy Fans would need to read that in reverse to make any sense of that!"

Given the success of the Matildas...
Football Australia should consider male refs to learn from Free Flow Chix refs...

tbb thinks chix ain't got the Lung Power to blow constant loud whistles so let the game flow.
Look at AFL umpire blowing double toots every 10 seconds...Basketball > Water polo more deafening.

Be interesting to test the Whistle Power of a running female to male & if this dictates flow of game.

tbb is motioning for annual round Chix ref Men's games (vs) Blokes ref Women's games
Reckon we may see best ever Men's Flow Footy (vs) Chix stop/start shirt/hair pulling bitch fest!

Anyone up for a real life fully certified 100% equal pay fair play sex change round! (If not, why not?)
Not saying here...No way man...Ref 'd end up with some fireball gas canister stuck in their hair!
We can first trial it in a more safe & secure, free progressive country like Qatar...All say Aye!

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Sunday, 29 Oct 2023 at 6:11pm

Tillies vs Filipinas
Perth Stadium (60,000 Live)

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Sunday, 29 Oct 2023 at 7:03pm

Loving it TBB.
Mary Fowler is becoming one of my favourite sportspeople ever.
So many similarities to Andrew McLeod of the Adelaide Crows in her ability to create space, have the ball on a string, do majestic things. She's amazing. She's writing her own script and it's mesmerizing to be witness to.
The girls are on fire!
History in the making. Go Tillys!
Hope alls well with you in health and life TBB :-)

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Wednesday, 1 Nov 2023 at 10:34pm

Tillies (vs) Chinese Taipei (Mulan) - Women Warrior/s
Live Now...Perth
Mulan's Goalkeeper is a Warrior...
Incredible acrobatic saves...keeping Aussies Scoreless...so far!

quadzilla's picture
quadzilla's picture
quadzilla Thursday, 2 Nov 2023 at 12:19pm

I think their coach may struggle to retain his job.He is a better assistant.

The above is my comment on oct 23rd...they sacked him yesterday.

He won the premiership earlier this year, with a very good squad mind you.A lot moved on in off season and the quality hasn't been replaced,

The 6-1 loss in GF...first round loss to a team that lost 5-0 in 2nd round prompted the " mutual termination"(pull the other one).

So Aurelio Vidmar comes in, good experience as a player and coached at this level with Adelaide..Time will tell, the players look like a mid table squad to me.

So onto round 3 tomorrow night,In Melbourne the battle for last place...City/FC..Go City and the FC coach then go to Adelaide(R4) and face the revamped Wanderers in R5.if its no points and no goals then( like it is now) Weasel Steveee can go get on his broomstick and fly away.

Round 2 produced 28 goals which is almost a record but the two bottom teams Zilched out...party poopers or they were just plain poop.

At the other end in R3 Victory/Adelaide is top of the table clash...Saturday night LIVE!

Matildas played the park the bus Taiwanese last night...Mary F cracked it and Maybe Nathan did later?....it will be interesting how they handle the Olympics, it's not far for most of them(more travel in the home WC).I think theres just a couple more games and they are qualified(?) they look world class every game and should build well come the northern summer.I hope no one is injured and we get a full strength effort.

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Thursday, 2 Nov 2023 at 12:57pm

There’s definitely something about Mary (and the rest of the squad). A clean sweep. Go for Gold Tillies!

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Sunday, 5 Nov 2023 at 3:13pm

How was Fowlers goal in the 62nd Rabs. As good as i've seen.
We have one of the best ever seen in our Tillies. Yew!

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Sunday, 5 Nov 2023 at 7:05pm
southernraw wrote:

How was Fowlers goal in the 62nd Rabs. As good as i've seen.
We have one of the best ever seen in our Tillies. Yew!

It was incredible southern. MF is a ripper alright and she's still so young!

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Sunday, 5 Nov 2023 at 7:08pm

Indeed Rabbit. This is a great watch if you haven't seen it.
I reckon M.F (great initials by the way.....similar to another well known prodigy) is one of the most gifted athletes i've ever seen.

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Sunday, 5 Nov 2023 at 7:20pm

Thanks southern. I'll definitely watch that. Cheers mate.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Sunday, 5 Nov 2023 at 7:44pm

Cool mate. It's a great insight. Enjoy.

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Sunday, 5 Nov 2023 at 8:10pm
southernraw wrote:

That was very good southern. Being one's authentic self. I wish I'd learnt that lesson at her age!

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Sunday, 5 Nov 2023 at 8:20pm
Rabbits68 wrote:
southernraw wrote:

That was very good southern. Being one's authentic self. I wish I'd learnt that lesson at her age!

Indeed!!
And just quietly, got a soft spot for that Katrina Gorrie. What an absolute warrior and her skills are way underratted.
Oh and Rasso, Kerr..Carpenter...ok i'll shut up now.
Glad u enjoyed it.

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Sunday, 5 Nov 2023 at 8:23pm
southernraw wrote:
Rabbits68 wrote:
southernraw wrote:

Indeed!!
And just quietly, got a soft spot for that Katrina Gorrie. What an absolute warrior and her skills are way underratted.
Oh and Rasso, Kerr..Carpenter...ok i'll shut up now.
Glad u enjoyed it.

Haha! I'm with ya mate :-)

quadzilla's picture
quadzilla's picture
quadzilla Monday, 6 Nov 2023 at 8:41am

Interesting 3rd A league round.

Five unbeaten teams.

MelbVictory were the stars of Saturday night live, a great game.

$hitney FC are in the spy game.
0 ...points
0.....goals
7 .......goals conceded

West's had a 7 goal turn around...5 for in fist half in round 2 but 2 conceded in fist half of round 3...They were an inconsistent team last season but its early days and they did better in 2nd half yesterday to earn a draw.

As good as Nasty Irakunda is, his 17yo brainfarts are not doing him any favours.

quadzilla's picture
quadzilla's picture
quadzilla Thursday, 9 Nov 2023 at 5:10pm

Shitney FC have r soled Cockica but not before time.Excellent player who tagged along managerially with an inherited squad and won a few things when the opposition was not that good.When the good squad expired(bar a few) and he had to rebuild, then his. reakl work as a manager shone thru...not very good.

In comes U Fook Talay, ex FC assistant and recently spent 4 season with Wellington Nix and guided them to the final series a few times on a small budget and under Covid exile conditions.

I'm expecting him to do OK, the FC squads isnt bad but could do with a few GOOD Aussie players coming back from Europe or Asia.Maybe the January transfer window will see a couple of additions?

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Thursday, 16 Nov 2023 at 8:12pm

012 / 10 Bold (Live) Socceroos 2026 World Cup Game 1
Socceroos (vs) Bengal Tigers

quadzilla's picture
quadzilla's picture
quadzilla Sunday, 19 Nov 2023 at 5:42pm

Next Wednesday is the follow up game versus Palestine ...the westBank ground is unavailable so playing in Kuwait instead. 1 am in morning for whoever is keen.

AND its derby week in Sydney...FC versus WESTIES(they wear red and black not yellow T shirts and duffel bags!)....Its a BIG game.Wanderers haven't lost and FC have only won a single game.BUT, they absolutely smashed the undefeated Adelaide boys away.

So result could go either way Saturday Night LIVE on Bold.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Wednesday, 22 Nov 2023 at 1:10am

Keen enough... thanx for the invite quadzilla ...yes @ Kuwait Stadium
Midnite Special ~ [World Cup Game 2]
Lions of Canaan (vs) Socceroos
[Minute of Silence]
Playing Live (Now) Channel 10 / Bold

quadzilla's picture
quadzilla's picture
quadzilla Wednesday, 22 Nov 2023 at 6:06pm
truebluebasher wrote:

Keen enough... thanx for the invite quadzilla ...yes @ Kuwait Stadium
Midnite Special ~ [World Cup Game 2]
Lions of Canaan (vs) Socceroos
[Minute of Silence]
Playing Live (Now) Channel 10 / Bold

Well done TBB, I watched the highlights on YT when I woke up...read some comments and apparently we were well below our best.Arnie has to rotate the squad to give everyone a go.

Olympic team beat Saudi Arabs 3-1(full game on YT) as well.it was a " friendly".

quadzilla's picture
quadzilla's picture
quadzilla Thursday, 30 Nov 2023 at 8:49am

Round 5 of the A league was some interesting results.

Brisbane looking good under Ross Aloisi.

Wanderers unbeaten at ALLIANCE!...a hat trick of Derby wins there.Aggregate 0-6,how sweet it is.

FC had their week of new coach bounce then back to reality.

Four unbeaten teams in top 6 with Roar and Adelaide,then theres a gap to the bottom six..but the league is still looking close.

Wanderers on tomorrow night in Brisbane "should" be a good contest.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Thursday, 30 Nov 2023 at 2:52pm

Reward for quadzilla's World Cup Tip off & for premature Socceroos team spirit...
Excellent wrap by quadzilla...for exposing Coach's secrets men's business!
tbb will explain why you have football on yer Football Brain.

Goalie Capt heaps praise on the rest of team...
"Guys were puttin' in last minute tackles when called upon..so it's a great collective effort!"

quadzilla : "Coach has to Rotate the Squad to give all a go > resulting in a below par performance!"

That is a shit hot concise wrap of wot went down leaving tbb to finish off the match wrap.
Q: Does coach back a remote Experienced Capt or a centralized Capt when trialling new players
A: Coach backed Loner Mat to shout shit afar to his Foreign deaf Pack attacking oposing goal.

As team never heard a world of game plan...Game naturally & slowly turned around towards Oz Goal.
Mat : "Great last minute tackles Guys!"
Defenders : "Shit hot match winning save Mat ... saved the day!"
https://www.socceroos.com.au/news/ryan-credits-great-collective-effort-t...

Ya see! That's all Mat can report on...the last minute classic Oz defence Report Card!
But against a Spirited Team.

quadzilla knows what tbb is saying...coz it's already locked into yer Soccer Brain long before tbb said it!

Correct!

Review of Oz 59th Cap record Coach Graham Arnold least needs a blast from tbb...
https://keepup.com.au/news/socceroos-news-graham-arnold-record-most-game...
Also few would doubt Mat's captain qualities & that's not of concern as he saved the day!

However... rolling out a new attack squad requires a central / forward Captain
Mostly as none know each others names & this is still yer best way to hook up a new team.

Mat is a natural God like captain's pick for defending last line against World Best Attacks.
Can lock that in as rock solid...but must he yell out a new names to whoever way down the park...

tbb is suggesting the obvious Co Captain scenario for Group stages...promoting dual captaincy suits Oz.
Mat can send defence gaps to Frontline Capt to back up...thus fending off any counter attack!
As tournament progresses the Frontline Capt can engage Mat where he wants ball directed in restarts.
This way Mat commands more respect by locking in equal not lesser Vice Capt' back up

Share the load all round & Towards frontline in cruisey Group matches..
Mat said : "Let the Ball roll!"
Central Vice Capt : "Mat said we're on a Roll!"
Forward : Did ya hear that...Mat said he wants a Chiko Roll...
Frontline : "He wants his Coffee Breaker Milk from other Goal
Opposition Goalie : "Tell Mat he can have his breaker soon as I get a Chiko roll!"

Quite often it's the most obvious small detail that slips by...can smash yer head...Wotz Missing here?
After the Match > Capt reassures all had a good game...in itself answers why Oz nearly lost!

quadzilla's picture
quadzilla's picture
quadzilla Thursday, 30 Nov 2023 at 4:13pm

Just a mention of the mens Asian Cup taking place in January and into February ...Japan,Iran and SthKorea are all ranked higher than Socceroos but during Covid, Australia played lots in Qatar,so Arnie reckons it's a home ground advantage.

I'm rating us a chance to make the final, then its on the day or night.

One setback is Brandon Borello has a broken foot and misses the tournament but that gives an opportunity for someone new to come in.I hope Kusini Yengi gets into the squad Big Strong and not afraid to run at defenders.He is a different style of striker to Dukey,Mcclaren ect.But perhaps the Ex Mariner Scot(forgot his name) might get a recall.He took the big sack of carrot$$$$ on offer in India which is a poor level,so Arnie may have barred him?

Asian Cup should be on at watchable times too.

Matildas play Canada soon but 2 and 2/30 in morning kickoff....There ya go TBB, up early with the rooster to watch that Mary Fowl!

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Thursday, 30 Nov 2023 at 4:55pm

You would expect Australia to comfortably win their group; India, Syria and Uzbekistan. Thereafter it gets incremental more difficult, mentality and temperament will be key to going deep in the tournament. But from the start take nothing for granted.
I trust Arnold to get the very best from his players, he's a proven performer on the big stage.
Should be a good watch.

quadzilla's picture
quadzilla's picture
quadzilla Thursday, 30 Nov 2023 at 9:35pm
quadzilla wrote:

Just a mention of the mens Asian Cup taking place in January and into February ...Japan,Iran and SthKorea are all ranked higher than Socceroos but during Covid, Australia played lots in Qatar,so Arnie reckons it's a home ground advantage.

I'm rating us a chance to make the final, then its on the day or night.

One setback is Brandon Borello has a broken foot and misses the tournament but that gives an opportunity for someone new to come in.I hope Kusini Yengi gets into the squad Big Strong and not afraid to run at defenders.He is a different style of striker to Dukey,Mcclaren ect.But perhaps the Ex Mariner Scot(forgot his name) might get a recall.He took the big sack of carrot$$$$ on offer in India which is a poor level,so Arnie may have barred him?

Asian Cup should be on at watchable times too.

Matildas play Canada soon but 2 and 2/30 in morning kickoff....There ya go TBB, up early with the rooster to watch that Mary Fowl!

Good news, I mis understood the Matildas games in Canada, it appears the times are in our afternoons...I think SamKerr got injured playing for Chelsea so an opportunity for someone else to play if Sam hasn't recovered in time.

Saturday arvo and the following Wednesday arvo...on TEN or TenBold

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Sunday, 3 Dec 2023 at 3:56pm

AFLW Grandfinal. 3/4 time. Cracking contest. 1 goal the difference heading into the last quarter.
Sorry for posting in the world game thread.
Worth a watch if you're near a telly. The girls are going hammer and tong!

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Sunday, 3 Dec 2023 at 4:06pm

7 plus streaming for those without telly reception. cheers @sr.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Sunday, 3 Dec 2023 at 4:27pm

Grerat contest. Great win Lions. Gutsy as. Really enjoyed that.
They only just missed out in the mens, but took home the womens.
Awesome stuff.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Sunday, 3 Dec 2023 at 5:57pm

SR - great to hear U enjoyed the game !

Switched off football after the Dees disappointment , so have not watched any games of the girls .

Have heard , from astute imho judges , the skills have stepped up wonderfully ( and not unexpectedly ) this year .

My youngest daughter ( and all her mates ) played two seasons of football at 13 .

The girls were given two instructions by their coach ( a father and played 200 AFL games ) .

Have fun and have a crack .

His hardest job was getting them to stop chatting !!!!!!

One girl who played had Special needs .

One game , they all decided ( without the coach knowing ) that they would do EVERYTHING to get that girl to kick a goal .

They did it and all went banana's like it was 100 goals !

All the girls showed NO fear ( men , not quite haha ) .

Most were expert sledgers , if necessary .

Girls take No prisoners , playing football .

My daughter was average at footy , but , shit , went where Angles fear to tread ,stuff .

She was average height and skinny so decided to be the enforcer lol .

She has a Look that scares the shit out of me .

I loved it .

The Women Rugby games are as good as the Men's imo .

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Sunday, 3 Dec 2023 at 7:13pm

Cheers @popdown!
Yeah was a great contest. Not the prettiest game, a bit of a grind but grandfinals are often like that. Yes! Theres been some huge moves forward in the skill department..i saw a coupla games this year that blew me away. Considering the women have 100years of mens football to catch up to its amazing where theyre already at. Im going to go out on a limb here an it will open me to ridicule, but i think in 75-100 years, maybe sooner, AFLW willb actually b bigger than the mens and the driver that takes it fully international.
Just hope im around to see it!
Enjoyed reading your post and got a laugh out of the 'too chatty' comment. Haha. Definitely an obstacle!
Yes indeed, fearless is an understatement. Completely reversng the masculine stereotype.
I really love the comradery, femininity and love amd laughter that is always on display in their games.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Saturday, 13 Jan 2024 at 8:01pm

adelaide vs sydney,
underway, live free to air, 10 bold

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Saturday, 13 Jan 2024 at 11:47pm

Half Time ~ India 0 (vs) Australia 0
Blue Tigers are blockin' the box with bodyline defence
Plenty of Head clashes & head bands

Japan's Yoshimi Yamashita is First Woman to Ref an Asian Cup
Assistants Makoto Bonono + Naomi Teshirogi
Makes up an all Japanese Chix Trio officiating the match

Lots of work as Socceroos were awarded 11 first half corners off mostly deflections.
Oz had 71% possession...

2nd half has just started & Oz just Scored...easy goal off Goalie tap down.
Oz 1 (vs) India 0 Just what the game needed...India have gotta play now...game on!

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 12:52am

nice! Go us, that was an enjoyable satdy evening watch, cheers for the heads up, tbb.

Yesterday, post waves, I escaped the arvo sun by seeing 'Next Goal Wins' at the Robe Cinema. I was the only one there, everyone else in the world was lined up along Long Beach.

Highly successful film. I would say it was long, but the storytelling tropes they used were excellent. Every time I thought it was taking a boring turn, it veered left.

It was beautifully straightforward storytelling, ala Local Hero, (i.e. some might think boring, not me..) I dug it; it was about 30 years better than Cool Runnings, 10 years better than Mt Zion, but same same. And whadda cast!

quadzilla's picture
quadzilla's picture
quadzilla Wednesday, 24 Jan 2024 at 6:24pm

Last nights game V Ubeckhhamstan was entertaining.Socceroos wont win the AC.No game breakers..Just possession tryhards.

Apparently we are in the softer side of the draw according to Arnie, avoiding jaPs and S Korea and Ubecks who won the game last night despite the scorecard being 1-1...One of the worst Penarltie decisions.

Our r16 game is versus ThURD place in another group.

Looking forward to Spurs V City on Saturday morning...AngeBall put to the test.

quadzilla's picture
quadzilla's picture
quadzilla Friday, 26 Jan 2024 at 7:02am

Well, looking at the last 16 draw the path to the final isnt too difficult for the Socceroos.

The difficult teams will eliminate each other in the lower half of the draw.UbeckhamStan,Japansesia,SouthKoreasia and Saudiarabsia....Australias main opposition will probably be UAE then Qatar who will have home crowd support.They meet INDO in the next game.

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Friday, 26 Jan 2024 at 8:59am

Yes Quad, the Socceroos have been totally underwhelming, I would expect them to beat Indonesia but a quarter against SK or the Saudis may be a bridge too far based current form. But anything can happen in the knockout stages and GA will have prepared his team…certainly there is a lot of room for improvement especially in the final third.

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Friday, 26 Jan 2024 at 9:14am

socceroos suck...million dollar men against the Indos ...put ya money on the indos..

quadzilla's picture
quadzilla's picture
quadzilla Saturday, 27 Jan 2024 at 9:31am
san Guine wrote:

Yes Quad, the Socceroos have been totally underwhelming, I would expect them to beat Indonesia but a quarter against SK or the Saudis may be a bridge too far based current form. But anything can happen in the knockout stages and GA will have prepared his team…certainly there is a lot of room for improvement especially in the final third.

SK and Saudis are in bottom half of draw,Australia have a "easy" run to final...likely Indo/UAE/Qatar...then the final is probably against Japan/SK/Saudis.

quadzilla's picture
quadzilla's picture
quadzilla Saturday, 27 Jan 2024 at 9:39am

Just watched FA cup Spuds V manCity.

Although it was only a 1-0 victory to City,AngeBall was comprehensively outplayed.

By my count City had 17 shots with 5/6/7 on target...AngeBall had one shot but it was on target but an easy peasy save by keeper getting low and taking ball off attackers feet.

SpursY fans will argue that one Asian and 2 africans who normally start are away at the Continental Cups, so they are understrength....Might I remind them that they sold the best striker they've ever had before the season started.Its a squad game and City players bought their A game.I think they will win the EPL again,Liverpool being the only danger that Ive seen so far.

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Saturday, 27 Jan 2024 at 11:22am
quadzilla's picture
quadzilla's picture
quadzilla Sunday, 28 Jan 2024 at 5:00pm

tonight 10/30...versus Indos

Should/Could be a 3 goal plus win IF, we get our mojo back.Its been lacking in the pool games.

quadzilla's picture
quadzilla's picture
quadzilla Monday, 29 Jan 2024 at 6:50am
san Guine wrote:

Quad here's the draw
https://www.theafc.com/en/national/afc_asian_cup/news/round_of_16_cast_f...

Thanks sG, I was going off what GA said in an interview.

So a 4-0 victory...

Play the winner of Saudi/SthKorea which will be a difficult game.

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Monday, 29 Jan 2024 at 4:42pm

Yeah Quad,

I'm not at all confident that we could beat either SK or the Saudis on current form, but this is tournament football.

Now, its all or nothing.

Go Socceroos, whoever the opponent

quadzilla's picture
quadzilla's picture
quadzilla Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 9:28am

SoccaahROOS v SthKorea...next Saturday 2/30 in morning

quadzilla's picture
quadzilla's picture
quadzilla Saturday, 3 Feb 2024 at 6:05am

Leading 1-0 and a dubious PENALTY just before full-time , WE WAS ROBBED.However there were numerous chances in front of goal where our quality wasn't good enough during the game.

Olympics mid year is our next major tournament, the women wont have SamKerr which is a blow,I hope the timing of the games isnt too bad.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Monday, 5 Feb 2024 at 1:29pm

Yet Another Penalty awarded to FIFA's Swan-diving Diva Coach
#1Q : "Are we gonna keep doing this?"

Feb 2023 World Cup Darling Jurgen Klinsmann signs as South Korean Coach.
Matches (vs) Awarded SK Penalties
Friendlies 9 (vs) SK Penalties 0
World + Asian Cup 7 (vs) SK Penalties 5 + Equalizer 99th min - SK win Penalty Shoot Out (1- no harm against)

Feb 2023/24 Australia
Matches (vs) Awarded Aust Penalties
Friendlies 6 (vs) Penalties 1 (2 Against)
World + Asian Cup 7 (vs) Penalties 1 (1 Customary Death Knell Penalty Against)
tbb Translation : "Pretty sure a Penalty deficit means we can't sip from the Fair Play Poisoned Chalice?"

FIFA : "Any Rogue Nation not taking out FIFA Penalty Insurance will be 'Harshly Penalized'!"
FIFA : "We feel sorry for yer National Team & Leader's loss...just plain criminal it is!"

[ FIFA Fair Play Code ]
Rules are meant to be broken by Nations fully insured with FIFA...can't make it any fairer than that!

Meanwhile ... back in the Not so Lucky Footbrawling Nation.
Socceroos : 'But it Wasn't a Proper Last Minute Penalty ...blame game crisis escalates to death threats!'
Grom : "Hey Dad! Why do our Socceroos always slip on that last minute fairly suspicious banana peel!"
Dad : "Shut Up & slobber over yer highly inflated over exaggerated Piss-Weak-Bix son!"
Fanatics : "Wish our PM would just roll over & stoke up the FIFA Fair Play Sportsmanlike Ransom!"

All Stand for Socceroos Athem

quadzilla's picture
quadzilla's picture
quadzilla Wednesday, 7 Feb 2024 at 9:21am

An unexpected result Jordan has beater S Korea 2-0,Sonny on his way back to Spurs and should start next game.

Socceroos could've, should've been where Jordan is.

So final will be Jordan v Iran or Qatar...I'll predict Iran(wont be first time I'm Penny WONG!)

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Wednesday, 7 Feb 2024 at 1:54pm

Great result for Jordan, missed the match, but Klinsmann stated in his post match interview that Jordan had won all the one-v-one battle across the park.

Unfortunately the Socceroos just weren't good enough. The lack of Australian talent (and depth of talent) is a bit baffling. Not one Australian player getting any regular time in any of the major leagues (England, Germany, Italy or Spain). Arnold doesn't have much to work with

quadzilla's picture
quadzilla's picture
quadzilla Thursday, 8 Feb 2024 at 11:47am
san Guine wrote:

Great result for Jordan, missed the match, but Klinsmann stated in his post match interview that Jordan had won all the one-v-one battle across the park.

Unfortunately the Socceroos just weren't good enough. The lack of Australian talent (and depth of talent) is a bit baffling. Not one Australian player getting any regular time in any of the major leagues (England, Germany, Italy or Spain). Arnold doesn't have much to work with

Definitely hasn't got the top tier players anymore that the old NSL produced.GA definitely got the best out of WC squad but could only score one goal a game.It looks like Australia have to wait to be hosts again(and not have much opposition like in 2015) to be able to win asianCup again.

OLYMPICS in France will be interesting, not long to wait.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Wednesday, 28 Feb 2024 at 8:52pm

The Tilly's are currently 7 nil up on a steamy night in Melbourne. Hatrick to Michelle Heyman inside 20 mins. France here they come!