seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Wednesday, 20 Mar 2024 at 8:26pm

Bugger

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Wednesday, 20 Mar 2024 at 10:47pm
ashsam wrote:

Why is there always one d head on every forum that has to put their initials after every comment lol

not much shits me, but this shits me: disempowered blokes who can't break the cycle and snidely try to shit on others in an otherwise convivial space; resenting camaraderie and pleasant exchanges.  And trying to prey on projected weakness.  Seriously.  Break the cycle.

I can't believe the creativity people manage to put into their posts, I find it really impressive.. people giving their SN-persona some character, intentionally or otherwise.. you want grey, fakey, scared bravado?  like the rest of the internet?  fk that and fk snipey shut-down behaviour.

AW's formality is brilliant - like a botanist on a 19thC ship tersely writing a letter to some inbred twerp back in England,

(see also, TBB's Yodaisms, frog's philosophising, indo's polarisms, JF's winkey-faces, sypkan's late-night-musings, RK's derivative derping, gsco's reductionism, and Pop's 'fell into the cauldron as a kid' isms),

(and of course old mates '#thesepeoplevote' and 'Deluxe'..  oh, and burleigh's classic catch phrase: "perverted dirty old rock spider. that's what he is".)

These people are why we come here, when we are feeling lonely, stoked, confused, merry, a bit sad, needing to share a win, wanting to talk about the sea and engage across state lines..

It's even a space for some lonely soul who comes late to a topic, and offers pointless, minimalist opinions about something that has already been addressed.

ashsam wrote:

Keyboard warrior

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Thursday, 21 Mar 2024 at 12:27am
basesix wrote:
ashsam wrote:

Why is there always one d head on every forum that has to put their initials after every comment lol

not much shits me, but this shits me: disempowered blokes who can't break the cycle and snidely try to shit on others in an otherwise convivial space; resenting camaraderie and pleasant exchanges.  And trying to prey on projected weakness.  Seriously.  Break the cycle.

I can't believe the creativity people manage to put into their posts, I find it really impressive.. people giving their SN-persona some character, intentionally or otherwise.. you want grey, fakey, scared bravado?  like the rest of the internet?  fk that and fk snipey shut-down behaviour.

AW's formality is brilliant - like a botanist on a 19thC ship tersely writing a letter to some inbred twerp back in England,

(see also, TBB's Yodaisms, frog's philosophising, indo's polarisms, JF's winkey-faces, sypkan's late-night-musings, RK's derivative derping, gsco's reductionism, and Pop's 'fell into the cauldron as a kid' isms),

(and of course old mates '#thesepeoplevote' and 'Deluxe'..  oh, and burleigh's classic catch phrase: "perverted dirty old rock spider. that's what he is".)

These people are why we come here, when we are feeling lonely, stoked, confused, merry, a bit sad, needing to share a win, wanting to talk about the sea and engage across state lines..

It's even a space for some lonely soul who comes late to a topic, and offers pointless, minimalist opinions about something that has already been addressed.

ashsam wrote:

Keyboard warrior

Jeez Base6, I didn't make your list, not even a reserve, not even carrying the oranges.
That stings.
My work here was pointless it seems.
Knew it.
Oh well.
Back to SN exile for me, forlorn and forgotten.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 21 Mar 2024 at 1:10am

Hope your eye is better A12

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 21 Mar 2024 at 7:01am

Water still warm in Victoria ?

icandig's picture
icandig's picture
icandig Thursday, 21 Mar 2024 at 9:05am

Balmy down here in the colon of Australia. Still in a 2 mill springy.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Thursday, 21 Mar 2024 at 2:27pm
adam12 wrote:
basesix wrote:
ashsam wrote:

These people are why we come here, when we are feeling lonely, stoked, confused, merry, a bit sad, needing to share a win, wanting to talk about the sea and engage across state lines.

ashsam wrote:

Keyboard warrior

Jeez Base6, I didn't make your list, not even a reserve, not even carrying the oranges.
That stings.
My work here was pointless it seems.
Knew it.
Oh well.
Back to SN exile for me, forlorn and forgotten.

I think you just underlined his point perfectly A12. Keep on keeping on.

Also "colon of Australia" is the new buzz phrase. Don't want to encourage the king of snipe but it very funny.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Thursday, 21 Mar 2024 at 9:09pm

Adam 12

Are you still in the Pirate outfit ( eye patch ) or did they restore your 20/20 perving vision , today .

U would look good as a Pirate and. a fake eye trick is cool , if done with taste , nearly .

What's the news ?

Do U need a monocle ?

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Thursday, 21 Mar 2024 at 9:37pm
Supafreak wrote:

Hope your eye is better A12

Thanks Supa, eight hours at the hospital today, eye fixed. Retina wasn't detached, just a small tear or "hole" they called it. Lots of tests and stuff squirted into it then zapped it with a laser. Got an eyepatch on that comes off tomorrow. Vision will be a bit blurry for a week or so but should have no problems.
Not allowed to surf for a couple of weeks but no worries, Easter coming up here which is so crowded I usually give it a miss anyway unless it's pumping. Might even venture down to Bells and have a look which I haven't done in a long time. Pretty stoked I won't be going blind in one eye. This whole experience has given me bigger respect for Derek Hynd, he rips no fins and one eyed, amazing really.

And in answer to your other question, yep the water is still balmy here, surfed last week in 20 plus degree water, 35 degree air, few guys out in boardies, but just checked and it's started dropping already and won't be long before the rubber gets thicker and I'm thinking about showing up at your little island paradise or somewhere similar.
Did get a good giggle out of Blowin' or Slackballedknowitall or whatever the dude sweet dude is called these days naming Vic the colon of Australia, We love shit like that down here, great negative publicity, and we love the cold, most of the time, sorts the men from the boys and keeps all those snaking, hassling northern drop in artists up on the northern points where they belong. Did totally agree with his assessment of the bullshit Bells mythology the magazines and industry sold all those years and still do. It's hilarious to most of us down here watching them in their puffer jackets and beanies whinge about how cold it is in March or April which is still basically summer to us. Come back in August or September boys. 6/5 hooded and booties and you still freeze your balls off, the carpark changes can be brutal, hypothermia and trying to get all that rubber wrapped around your ankles off while you stand there half nude in a blizzard. Good times. 18 second groundswell on the reefs makes it all worth it and we have no problem acclimatising to warm water, while warm water guys never deal well with the cold.
Anyway, thanks again for the good wishes Supa and right back at you. I saw somewhere you were born the same year as me so I'm sure if I ever make it to your island we'll get on like a house on fire swapping war stories from our respective club days, fishing and trading sets at Shipwrecks. Go well buddy.

Edit: @Pop, only get to be a pirate for a day, and to be honest, it's not the thrill I thought it would be. Bit fkn weird actually. Drove home from the hospital like a pirate, wasn't supposed to but the car was in a two hour zone for eight hours and no ticket and didn't want to leave it there, and it was a challenge driving. Trying to watch the footy atm, Saints beating Collingwood, but watching it one eyed is giving me a headache, I don't know how all those Pies supporters do it really!. Anyway thanks for the call today and will catch up soon big boy.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Thursday, 21 Mar 2024 at 10:05pm

good news @adam12 re the eye, confronting stuff, ageing.
(ha, tried to keep my weird unsolicited list different to my last rant, but you're up there in the SN A-Reserves with seaslug, Supa, seeds, zen, vj, the doggies, the andys and the other dozen or so, above us plebs ; )
I've been enjoying Slackjaw too, he sold me when he got the right toe in 'toe the line', and correcting his pantheon post, and being pretty damn funny with his vic posts. I get the warm water thing, but wherever there's warm water and palms, you inevitably must insert dozens of loose bogans into the lineup who don't give a damn and can't even imagine cold-water surfing. Suits us fine down here. A good swell, and you have 4-6 locals out at each of the spots at most, and any blowins you meet-and-greet, you go for hot chips or a beer with after if they're cool.
Rest up and enjoy Bells if you go.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 21 Mar 2024 at 10:06pm

@A12 , good to read the eye will come good. Last two days waves have been great and loving my new 7’6 . Today the crowd peaked at 12 and that’s the most I’ve seen when it’s been over 4ft . Still easy enough to get waves and most people are pretty mellow and a good vibe in the water . School holidays around the corner so it’s going to get packed soon and the grommets are walking ( flying ) into a week of swell . Lots of surfing families hit lembongan it’s an easy set up without the bali kaos . Hope you make the journey one day , I think we would have plenty of laughs. Im heading west for a month come April 12 back May 10 & probably going east for July/August . Look after that eye and enjoy whatever you’re doing .

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Friday, 22 Mar 2024 at 7:58am

@basesix @Supa,
Thanks boys, feeling good this morning.
Base6, I was only joking about your list, but thanks for your reply.
Supa, I'll get there one day, soon I hope.
Anyway, this thread isn't about me, it's about surf clips. I'm not on Insta but I found this one one twitter the other day. Some locals you should never try to drop in on...

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Friday, 22 Mar 2024 at 8:24am

Good news Adam 12

You would have looked Klinky with a monocle , a bandanna looks stupid and pulling out and putting in a fake eye , is creepy as , imho .

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 22 Mar 2024 at 9:11am

Good news about the eye Adam.
That clip is amazing btw

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Friday, 22 Mar 2024 at 9:41am

great clip @adam12. still can't believe he got this one on gopro:

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Friday, 22 Mar 2024 at 9:49am
basesix wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rHWO1_Kle0

Basesix. Lucky he wasn’t KO’ed , great capture of vision.

(BTW, thanks for your support the other day, there’s still a few primates amongst us with their hands and feet still dragging on the ground, bipedalism is just a mere dream to them. )

Adam12. Eye, eye, captain, good to have you back , wishing you a speedy recovery, we need your sharpness for all those tools in the shed. AW

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Friday, 22 Mar 2024 at 9:53am

Hectic. Glad eye's on the mend @a12.
haha. Yeah that Bells carpark in mid July with a howling North Westerly, late arvo sun low in the sky, will test your mettle putting a wet wettie on and then paddling out into most likely empty icy juice.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Friday, 22 Mar 2024 at 10:09am
basesix wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rHWO1_Kle0

Wow!
good to hear eye on mend.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Friday, 22 Mar 2024 at 10:28am

hey southern

U guys on the West Coast are really different , Adam 12 , sure is ( always has been ) .

Wayne Lynch type , mettle, perhaps .

In Mid July , U won't C me at the Bells fn Carpark freezing MY nuts off , no way .

A 6/5 Steamer ( haha is that a thing ? must B easy 2 paddle in one lol ) , booties and maybe a hood and Gloves ????

Not enough anti Freeze , for my beaten up body and I don't want 2 look like a Michelin Man or Elephant Seal while surfing .

Driving to New Brighton in July , sounds easier 2 me .

No wonder its fn uncrowded !!!

The East Coast and Phillip Is have had nice banks , AW !

Water is very warmish , Springy is helping Popping Up .

I am , back into IT !

Getting ready for a Surf Trip with my daughters in late April .

Getting stronger :) and getting a cortisol injection into the Right shoulder , today haha ( did it once 10 years ago and marvellous stuff ) .

I love medicine .

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Friday, 22 Mar 2024 at 10:18am
Pop Down wrote:

hey southern

U guys on the West Coast are really different , Adam 12 , sure is ( always has been ) .

Wayne Lynch type , mettle, perhaps .

In Mid July , U won't C me at the Bells fn Carpark freezing MY nuts off , no way .

A 6/5 Steamer ( haha is that a thing ? must B easy 2 paddle in one lol ) , booties and maybe a hood and Gloves ????

Not enough anti Freeze , for my beaten up body .

Driving to New Brighton in July , sounds easier 2 me .

No wonder its fn uncrowded !!!

Pop Down.

How are you ? Up and about ?

Come on mate, it’s not that bad, most winter surfs are good because off all day offshores , myself and crew I surf with nearly always surf twice in a day, couple of 4/3’s on the go, warm as toast, must admit, once fully dressed and back in the car, heater blazing away is pretty good. All a bit of fun. AW

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Friday, 22 Mar 2024 at 10:38am

AW

Gave u an update above .

In Mid July I am usually at the G .

Members area , of course , watching the Dees .

Three piece suit and MFC Tie , Dee scarf and Big Coat ( Cashmere :) .

If its REALLY Cold , I go into the Longroom and get a warm cuppa .

If it's Antartica outside ( U can smell penguins ) , I stay at home , light a fire ( I used 2 :) and watch the footy .

I am soft !

I would think U would jump in the Car , turn on the heater and drive home quickly , in the wet suit ffs .

Shivering , numb hands and feet ?

lol , been there , done that :)

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Friday, 22 Mar 2024 at 10:57am

AW

Would like to quickly say , how great I think U and others ( like seedy and base 6 ) have done ( with SN support ) , calming down , some of the Hotter moments on some Threads .

You guys stepped Up and In and seem 2 have helped the conversations become nicer .

And love U all giving the occasional scolding when needed .

I sure have needed them in the past .

For me , the whole discussion on SN , has become more Interesting .

I have a Tiger in My Tank , now !

Thanks !

POP

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Friday, 22 Mar 2024 at 11:56am
Pop Down wrote:

AW

Would like to quickly say , how great I think U and others ( like seedy and base 6 ) have done ( with SN support ) , calming down , some of the Hotter moments on some Threads .

You guys stepped Up and In and seem 2 have helped the conversations become nicer .

And love U all giving the occasional scolding when needed .

I sure have needed them in the past .

For me , the whole discussion on SN , has become more Interesting .

I have a Tiger in My Tank , now !

Thanks !

POP

PopDown

As I’ve remarked recently, we slap and get slapped.

Pops @ da “G”, watching those Dees when there’s no snow, Range Rover idling in the car park so it’s nice and warm when the game is over. Do you wear a cravat or a Demons scarf ?

I can see you there, holding court, big robust chiseled Dutch frame eating poffertjes with a steaming hot coffee or a freezing cold beer, all the while wishing he was with crew down the coast surfing pumping cold ones, but not wishing his gonads were up around his neck.

Yew, to the big Pop on Down (Tony Barber). A bit of fun. AW

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Friday, 22 Mar 2024 at 1:07pm

Good to hear you're getting into the water @popdown.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Friday, 22 Mar 2024 at 2:40pm

Blackmores Pro Adaptive Live Finals Day
swellnet stoked for Northern NSW crew...
No Spoiler ~ Live tracker [Mono -4:00:00] [Dale -37:00]

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Friday, 22 Mar 2024 at 3:33pm
truebluebasher wrote:

Blackmores Pro Adaptive Live Finals Day
swellnet stoked for Northern NSW crew...
No Spoiler ~ Live tracker [Mono -4:00:00] [Dale -37:00]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl1oGmpA3_I

TBB. How’s things ? Thanks for posting this important event.

I met heaps of the competitors last week in the car park at The Pass, always up for a chat, great guys. Swell was cranking, they were all hoping for it to back off a bit.
‘Sponge’ from Wales, a French guy whose name I’ve forgotten, heaps of Aussies, US competitors ,good vibe and friendship amongst all of them.

Some of their crafts were amazing, many were modified wave skis. AW

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 22 Mar 2024 at 5:11pm

Not sure if this is true or not , pretty bizarre if true .

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 22 Mar 2024 at 6:31pm

Na Not True.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 22 Mar 2024 at 6:49pm
udo wrote:

Na Not True.

There sure is a lot of shit being spun about what the rules are/are’nt .

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 22 Mar 2024 at 8:07pm
adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Friday, 22 Mar 2024 at 8:26pm

haha, thanks @AW, @Seeds, @andy mac, @Southern,
Yep, eye is good.
thank fuck.
So is the vibe here.
Loved your take on @Pop at the MCG members AW. Not far from the real thing actually. The cravat gets a run and the Dees scarf, matching of course. Likes to dress well does @Pop, even for the footy.
His late father was a mad Demons supporter too, and an MCG member who even had a particular seat he claimed as his own. Obsessed about it I recall. If anyone else was sitting in it when he got there he would crack the shits and go home if he couldn't get them to move. If the Demons ever made finals he used to make @Pop and his brother camp out overnight outside the members to rush in and claim his special seat and wait in it until he showed up just before the game started. @Pops and his brother were signed up MCG members from birth.
My old man, still going strong(ish) at 93 was the opposite. He only took my brother and I to the cricket after the tea break because back then they would open the MCG gates and we could go in free. He would go to the pub and leave us in Bay 13, two little kids unattended, 'till stumps, we'd have to meet him at the pub.
In footy season he used to walk us up to the gates, bullshit to the attendants about leaving the tickets in the car or something and get us in free, supposedly so we could wait inside for him while he ran back and the attendant could watch us for him, then he would just go to the pub. We were told to do a runner as soon as the attendant turned his back, and meet him after the game, at the pub.
They got wise to him doing it after a few years and we got put on some sort of watch list and knocked back a few times, so eventually my grandma who was a Richmond ladies member used to take us instead. The old man still went to the pub though and we'd still have to go there and meet him after the game to go home.
Don't let anyone tell you diet and exercise is the key to longevity. My old man never exercised a day in his life really, not in the 62 years I've known him. Not one lap of a pool, never even seen him run. He worked long hours his whole life but nothing strenuous physically. He's lived on beer, red meat and ice cream. That was his diet. A lot of beer. That's his secret he reckons. My brother and I both stopped drinking in our thirties. The old boy reckons he will probably outlive us both! Although I do point out to him his own brother dropped dead of a massive heart attack at 41, at the pub, of course, and his father had one at 61 and died, after signing up to a gym and doing a workout so who fkn knows.

As for Iron Mike, Supa and Udo, from the recent footage of him I've seen, that photo looks pretty close to the mark, even if it is a fake. He's looking fit as fuck, strong and fast and highly motivated. I've watched Jake Paul's fights and he leads with his head, is quite slow and although he has a pretty good right hook for a social media boxer, he's got no footwork and no defence. Mike Tyson has it all, still. Superb technically, every punch in the book and all knockouts. Probably the most fearsome and deadly guy to ever set foot in the ring, the way he mowed through the heavyweight division, before he went mad and lost the plot, is unmatched, even Ali said he was glad he never had to fight him.
He looks totally on it right now, even at his advanced age. I would not be surprised if Jake Paul dies in this upcoming bout. He stands no chance. He'll be asleep before the second round is over best case scenario, maybe dead in the first. It won't be worth a pay per view, blink and it will be all over.

Mike Tyson had a 20 inch neck at 18, a quick look at how here, and as the video title says, don't try this at home....

And a reminder of what he could do, knock real fighters out, both hands, all kinds of punches. He can still hit like this. Jake Paul is not a real boxer, and right now looks like a dead man walking IMO.

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 Friday, 22 Mar 2024 at 10:48pm

Agree there Adam, Mike Tyson will kill this guy

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Saturday, 23 Mar 2024 at 11:01pm

Cheers AlfredWallace...crew were backing up same gig...things are goin' great...
Ol' classmate crew Dale Taylor just won 'Below Knee Stand ' Adaptive Final...superstoked for him...
Cheered him on from swellnet booth...Happy to share his stoke...
Final [6:05 :14] + Interview [6:38:10]

&t=22018s

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 28 Mar 2024 at 9:26am
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 30 Mar 2024 at 8:02pm
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Sunday, 31 Mar 2024 at 6:49pm

My goodness ;)
- seatbelts and magic carpets optional ;);)

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Sunday, 31 Mar 2024 at 7:32pm

^^^ Fark, that green twin looks amazing
- and those carbon wraps. Fresh weapons ;)

Here's a tribute to the channel meisters

https://m.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 2 Apr 2024 at 9:19am
udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 4 Apr 2024 at 6:18pm
udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 6 Apr 2024 at 2:31pm
udo's picture