Australia's outbound travel ban one of strictest in world

bigredcouch's picture
bigredcouch started the topic in Monday, 31 Aug 2020 at 7:20am

Hey team,

Just read this article. Pretty fucked up IMO. How am I getting to Indo for next season?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-31/coronavirus-covid-outbound-intern...

bigredcouch's picture
bigredcouch's picture
bigredcouch Monday, 31 Aug 2020 at 7:20am

Hey team,

Just read this article. Pretty fucked up IMO. How am I getting to Indo for next season?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-31/coronavirus-covid-outbound-intern...

Ralph's picture
Ralph's picture
Ralph Monday, 31 Aug 2020 at 8:02am

Gulag Australia!

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 31 Aug 2020 at 6:00pm

It’s a absolute joke , how can they use the excuse that they need to limit how many Australians enter so as not to overload the quarantine system , then in the same breath announce that foreign students to resume entering Australia in September.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 31 Aug 2020 at 6:33pm

It's farked my wife and daughter have Indonesian passports (so can enter Indonesia no issues) but looking at that can't even get an exemption to leave Australia. (as Australian residents)

tyler.marshall's picture
tyler.marshall's picture
tyler.marshall Monday, 31 Aug 2020 at 6:37pm

Hi Bigredcouch. I guess it just is what it is and what will be will be. The sun will come up and life will go on.
You never know what bad luck your bad luck has saved you from.
Stay strong

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Monday, 31 Aug 2020 at 8:48pm

Wow

dandandan's picture
dandandan's picture
dandandan Monday, 31 Aug 2020 at 9:50pm

God the idea of missing another Indo season, and potentially facing another full winter on the Apple Isle, is way too much to take in.

Cowabunga's picture
Cowabunga's picture
Cowabunga Tuesday, 1 Sep 2020 at 5:22pm

Yep it's tough plenty of my mates have lost their jobs simply because of the red tape to return to work 90days is the average processing time for Russia you need to apply to Aussie govt to leave but first you need official confirmation from the government here that they will let you in that has to be attached to the application to leave Aussie translation and original then you need a covid negative test result translated into Russian no older than 72hrs just to be able to board the flight if you can get one and if the borders are open this virus suxs has caused so much pain and I haven't even contracted it I feel sorry for everyone who has lost loved ones and their livelihood because of this shit

Spuddups's picture
Spuddups's picture
Spuddups Tuesday, 1 Sep 2020 at 5:28pm

Yep, it's a shit sandwich whichever way you look at it. Hoping like fuck they come up with a vaccine soon.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 1 Sep 2020 at 5:29pm

"God the idea of missing another Indo season, and potentially facing another full winter on the Apple Isle, is way too much to take in."

And to make things worse, outside of Bali most areas of Indonesia have the lowest crowds in 20+ years.

Solitude's picture
Solitude's picture
Solitude Tuesday, 1 Sep 2020 at 6:17pm

Dandan - a trip to NSW would have served you very well (should’ve been here yesterday, I know).......Maybe something to consider next year?

bigredcouch's picture
bigredcouch's picture
bigredcouch Wednesday, 2 Sep 2020 at 12:40pm

What's your latest take ID? Might have to seriously start looking for some loopholes to jump through for next season.

PS. September looks like it's going to be off the charts over there

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 2 Sep 2020 at 1:15pm

Ulu looking gd right now ...6 ft plus

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 2 Sep 2020 at 4:57pm

@ bigredcouch

Check out most recent page of this thread.
https://www.swellnet.com/forums/wax/496421?page=3

But for us Aussie's (or even Aussie residents) the problem is the Australian end, getting let out and let back in.