New Victoria restrictions

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak started the topic in Sunday, 2 Aug 2020 at 3:15pm

Just watched the press release from Dan Andrews and I really feel for how victorians are going to once again pay for others stupidity. Not sure how they are going to police the 1 hour exercise policy but a trip down the coast for a surf could be costly. I understand these new restrictions are mainly Melbourne suburbs and I’m very grateful for where I live NSW Qld border. When we were in shutdown there was no time limit for our exercise thank god as a 3 hour surf kept me sane after losing my job.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Tuesday, 16 Feb 2021 at 5:13pm

Commonwealth of Australia Constitution Act
Section 52
'The Parliament shall...have exclusive powers...with respect to...
Section 51(ix) ...quarantine.'

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Tuesday, 16 Feb 2021 at 7:10pm

Inconvenient Truth Two

For those intellectuals here criticising Dan Andrews today about the evacuation of a flooded hotel and people with garbage bags over their heads ...... well, those people were wearing PPE but choose to wear a garbage bag to protect their privacy from the press pack.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story boys .... carry on.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 16 Feb 2021 at 11:29pm

"I'll make myself really clear - I do not care one bit for Morrison and his utterly useless government, the bloke is a do-nothing smirking prick who seriously needs to get called out for just how little he actually does. Does that make me a rabid Dan Andrews fan then? No. Why? Because this isn't a fucking footy match and anyone who cheers on their 'team' is a genuine idiot. You can support a government whilst still being critical of them. It's actually better for all of society if you don't lap up everything your 'team' does like a little bitch, that helps them be made accountable."

amen to that!!

"To Dan's credit, finally today we are hearing of something resembling a plan or course of action to improve how we manage returned travellers by way of moving them out of the most populated areas of the state. This isn't about shunting them out to the regions, it's about designing and building genuine quarantine facilities that will work better than a tourist hotel in the CBD. It's never too late to start this, so whether it's a covid benefit or the next pandemic that comes along, they'll be used I'm sure. It seems this latest outbreak is finally the straw that's broken the camel's back."

finally!!

"Nobody could guarantee this proposal will be built and ready for use in time to manage the current pandemic, but that does not mean it shouldn't be done. Any action is better than none, at least it's a step in the right direction IMO. Build it, and whilst it's being built, work through the mechanics of how it would operate in terms of staffing, medical facilities etc."

well china could... did... maybe dan should chat to his mates ...again... gotta get some good from that abortion of an agreement...

but, yeh nah...

the way things are going, with these super lacklustre 'vaccines' (that are often sounding more lke treatments ironically enough...) it seems quarantine facilities will be needed for years to come. they are talking about not much changing even with vaccines. with the talk getting around of late, I honestly don't know how long the public will be willing to play ball...

especially if lockdowns and masks are just going to need to continue after vaccines are distributed, it's crazy talk...

for the record, I'm no anti masker, I actually think they can be quite useful, and are underutilised, but 'dictator dan's' over the top lockdowns surely can only have a limited shelf life...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 17 Feb 2021 at 10:55am

"the way things are going, with these super lacklustre 'vaccines' (that are often sounding more lke treatments ironically enough...) it seems quarantine facilities will be needed for years to come. they are talking about not much changing even with vaccines. with the talk getting around of late, I honestly don't know how long the public will be willing to play ball...

especially if lockdowns and masks are just going to need to continue after vaccines are distributed, it's crazy talk...

for the record, I'm no anti masker, I actually think they can be quite useful, and are underutilised, but 'dictator dan's' over the top lockdowns surely can only have a limited shelf life..."

It's going to be interesting to see how all this pans out.

In theory if the majority of the population is vaccinated and all the vaccination are 100% effective in preventing serious illness and 70-90% effective in preventing any illness, in theory you shouldn't need to worry about keeping the virus out of Australia.

But i just cant see them allowing it to come in, from a political point of view it would be suicidal to do so.

But yeah we cant keep living like this, people are over it, locking down a whole state with stage 4 restrictions because of a few cases in the Melbourne area is just crazy, everyone knows it crazy and people are now not taking things as seriously.

It's quite obvious Dan is just going over the top because if numbers do blow out again common sense would be that he wouldn't get reelected (although this is Victoria, the most woke nanny state of Australia)

Mask, where i live its quite clear almost all people aren't wearing them outside like 9 out of 10 people, and im not either, inside though shops etc 100% happy to wear them and always do when suppose too as do almost all people except the fools that have their nose sticking out..

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 17 Feb 2021 at 12:10pm

"But i just cant see them allowing it to come in, from a political point of view it would be suicidal to do so."

yep, oz has set itself up with unrealistuc expectations, witb governments scared of change. but how long will crew accept not being able to travel overseas?

especially when they're secretly bringing students in the back door...

I find it quite unteresting how the 'debate' is developing on social media, with hardnut nativists / patriots saying like... stuff overseas travel, ...and stuff overseas travellers. ...if you don't love australia blah blah blah, .. if you choose to live overseas blah blah blah...

similar to nutty people who are 'freedum' fighters', 'anti maskers' etc. it seems ...but a different breed obviously...

many aussies are pining for their regular bali pilgrimage, and many just don't like the hypocrisy, and many are just done with the whole overkill thing and want governments to back off

crazy times, where political alliances have never been so all over the shop. on the back of a crazy period, where political alliances have never been so all over the shop....

not helped at all by big tech / media censorship I would say, and the ridiculous bias and contradictions of the WHO etc.

"Mask, where i live its quite clear almost all people aren't wearing them outside like 9 out of 10 people, and im not either, inside though shops etc 100% happy to wear them and always do when suppose too as do almost all people except the fools that have their nose sticking out.."

well that's encouraging, common sense pervails... I like common sense... not cool to say so... but I love common sense...

I gotta say, I think the ozzie character, the suspiscion of authority, the adaptability to practical solutions, the inclination to just get on with it and get it over with, the independent attitude, has saved australia's arse as much as anything else

which also isn't cool to say...

our self inportant b grade ruling class can claim credit. ...but they're shit, generally... and totally underestimate the nouse and practical nature of the aussie character

cue outrage industry, self loathing, self important, hubric to the extreme, nanny staters...

viclocal basically

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 17 Feb 2021 at 12:07pm

...hope you're well, hope your new pusuits are going well, seriously, I respect your intentions, but...

Dx3's picture
Dx3's picture
Dx3 Wednesday, 17 Feb 2021 at 12:57pm

If the vaccines, once rolled out to the majority, prevent serious illness & death for the majority of cases, then as hard as it seems to say or think right now, we'll just have to get on with life. Our approach will have to be less about case numbers as it is now, and purely based on treating those that get seriously ill, which as per above if the vaccines do what their supposed to do should be really low and easy enough to do.

Think about the cases we've had since our last death in October or November, which has been a few hundred including returned travellers & community cases from breaches. Zero deaths. Seems we're treating it better already, or it's not impacting the vunerable - probably a combo of both.

If we still are locking down in 12 months post vaccines then the vaccines have all been for nothing. People get sick & die from all sorts of things, with these vaccines it should prevent most deaths, but will it prevent all? Probably not, no medicine is 100% effective.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 17 Feb 2021 at 5:47pm

Crowd wise this lockdown has sucked big time last two days has been ridiculously crowded like a summer long weekend, i guess everyone is home with nothing to do but surf, kids to old fellas in the water, and add to that it seems anyone with a holiday house done the bolt down from Melb last Friday.

Much different to when it was a long stage 4 restriction in Melb and we were on stage 3

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Thursday, 18 Feb 2021 at 9:15am

Yep it's back to work today, roads much more busy, water looks quite a bit less crowded.

Back on site crew, remember to drive the work ute safely:

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 18 Feb 2021 at 10:12am

Wow, how's the lunchbox landing as well!

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 18 Feb 2021 at 12:15pm

Urbnsurf up and running christ what trying times last 12 mths have been for them.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 27 Feb 2021 at 6:42pm

804-DBB6-E-EC4-B-44-B7-859-A-0-F8-A1-FD49022