DIY, renos, home projects, landscaping, etc.

Patrick's picture
Patrick started the topic in Friday, 5 Jun 2020 at 9:57am

I reckon there's lots of people on here with cool DIY projects they've done or would like to do. We can share tips and knowledge, ask for advice and show completed projects. Anything, from the small to the big that you've made or had a go at or would like to have a crack at. Get the creative juices flowing.

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Sunday, 7 Jun 2020 at 6:33pm

Some great work there Indo. Looks like you got a real combo of artistic vision, tradie skills and work ethic / patience.

Looks fantastic.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 7 Jun 2020 at 6:47pm

Cheers

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 7 Jun 2020 at 7:33pm

Sorry for flooding this thread, but just dug up some Indo reno pic's i might have posted some of these before, they are quite old.

About ten years or so ago, we bought an old village house in Mentawais right on the beach (800m2 land), was a lot of fun for a while, surfing with mates, going exploring inland on motorbikes down dirt tracks and just fucking about with boats and doing reno's on it with scrap timber etc, and drinking bintangs around the fire at night while noodling on crappy Indo acoustic guitars.

But unfortunately the termites and storms got into it, so it's pretty much just a shed now, but will rebuild a nice villa/house sometime.

Before (old kitchen)

Turned into bathroom :D

Toilet before

And after

Toilet itself is pretty clean for Indo, i think my mother inlay cleaned it, we use to take the whole family there to hang out, they loved it.

And a rustic seat we made, notice the classic Indo assortments indo ciggies(not mine) coffee stained glass and bottle of aqua.

And house taken from water to give you an idea

And view from front yard, in the distance is a few quality waves (actually where i broke my ribs and punctured my lung)

Gets sick sunset's too, man i miss this place

View from front of house looking down the street/path into the neighbourhood, great mellow village vibe, has changed a bit now though few more places, but luckily coconut palms all remain

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Sunday, 7 Jun 2020 at 7:56pm

"Some great work there Indo. Looks like you got a real combo of artistic vision, tradie skills and work ethic / patience.

Looks fantastic."

He said it all right there!

What does suksma mean?
Edit - 'thank you' just looked it up.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 7 Jun 2020 at 8:03pm

Yeah Suksma is Thank you in Balinesse, but my wife in Javanesse.

hard to tell from the pic but It's a carved wooden sign that was from a Indo/Bali shop in Melbourne, our friends gave it to us as they closed the shop.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Sunday, 7 Jun 2020 at 9:05pm

I hope you said suksma Indo to your friends.

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Saturday, 28 Nov 2020 at 8:15pm

Sipping on a few quiet beers, enjoying everything that a house can’t give you

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 6 Feb 2021 at 3:42pm

Finished my Bali pavillon the other week, had it up for a while but only did the roof recently.

And cleaned the pond :D

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 6 Feb 2021 at 3:41pm

And put down some high quality artificial turf, not cheap though cost me over a grand just to do this little courtyard area, and bit of work in preparation.

Had mixed feelings about putting down artificial turf, it looks pretty realistic but its still fake nothing like real stuff, but sick of mowing and i turned all my other areas into garden so sold the mower.

Turned out pretty good though.

Oh did the Bali type paving through the centre path too a while back, made them myself as wanted some big chunky type pavers.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Saturday, 6 Feb 2021 at 4:14pm

Should of been a landscaper Indo, looks great.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 6 Feb 2021 at 4:36pm

Good work Indo. Looks unreal.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 6 Feb 2021 at 4:50pm

Totally. Going back over your stuff Indo, all looks really cool.

Boss looking mutt too.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 6 Feb 2021 at 4:52pm

Thanks guys

When i was younger I did actually work as a landscape gardener for a few years with a fairly big mob up the sunny coast, they even had their own nursery which i managed for a while too, even had a foxy nursery hand help me :D

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 6 Feb 2021 at 4:53pm

"Boss looking mutt too."

His name is Indo :P

My dog before that was Aussie so seemed fitting :D

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 6 Feb 2021 at 5:19pm

Lucky you didn't live in Leichtenstein or youd have to call your dog 'Leichy'.

(Licky)

Get it- get it?