"I'm a businessman. I want to make money."

stunet's picture
stunet started the topic in Friday, 9 Aug 2019 at 3:49pm

A temporary stop work order has been placed on a businessman who activated a 35-year old DA on land he bought in Iluka this year. 

"It is my legal right to clear all the trees within the approved footprint," Mr William Hu said.

Hu planned to remove every tree on the site to make way for more than 60 new cabins.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-09/trees-tumble-as-developer-tries-to-reactivate-council-approval/11396396

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 9 Aug 2019 at 3:49pm

A great article to hate read!

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 9 Aug 2019 at 4:06pm

"We also see countless birdlife, kookaburras, parrots, black cockatoos, wallabies, bandicoots, possums."

Prime hunting territory.

Jono's picture
Jono's picture
Jono Friday, 9 Aug 2019 at 4:22pm

"I want to build it up to the standard of William Hu" - you gotta respect his use of the third person.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 9 Aug 2019 at 4:42pm

This is a good thing.

There’s only so much liveable space in such a fragile , inhospitable country such as Australia and if a few koalas and other natives facing extinction through habitat loss have to perish so that we can celebrate the vibrancy and diversity of mass immigration driven population expansion then so be it.

Koalas are anything but vibrant, they just sit there. That’s not what good citizens do. Good vibrant citizens show the courage of their dedication to their personal economic growth and refuse to let community expectations get in the way.

Glad to hear that other communities will soon benefit from this diverse and vibrant philosophy and will also see their unproductive natural habitat cleared to make way for more development.

We could well do with another 25 million like Mr Hu !

If he’s got as much sense as he appears he’ll commit to zero dollar tourism as have so many other vibrant and diverse developers.

https://www.dailybulletin.com.au/news/47508-un-climate-change-report-lan...

I

abc-od's picture
abc-od's picture
abc-od Friday, 9 Aug 2019 at 4:30pm

Who's a fuckwit?

Hu's a fuckwit.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 9 Aug 2019 at 5:07pm

Fuck off

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Friday, 9 Aug 2019 at 5:25pm

But he likes it’s feng shui

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Friday, 9 Aug 2019 at 6:18pm

Scary thing is, this fuckwit has a taste for it and wants more ,

ringmaster's picture
ringmaster's picture
ringmaster Saturday, 10 Aug 2019 at 7:43am

Fuck off back to China and shit in your own back yard.

Ash's picture
Ash's picture
Ash Saturday, 10 Aug 2019 at 12:08pm

Looks like a Chinse "zero dollar tourism" project, and not dissimilar to the Nav Fox and his mate's Fijian neighbors blatant contempt for the law. These "projects" are like spores from a giant Chinese mushroom, that pop up overnight and then challenge all who dare to object.
For a bloke who is a "business" man and just wants to make money, he seems to be pretty flush with the stuff already. 2.7mill to buy in and he'll need far more than that to clear and prep the site, then the pre construction engineering and the building costs. Seems he's got plenty to spend, my question is where's it coming from, his pocket? or a much larger funding pool? If it's the latter it would explain his arrogant and bullish stance, as he doesn't seem to fussed about tearing down native habitat and possible expensive court costs.
It's fair enough to take it out on Mr Hu, as he's put himself right in the spot light but the other side to the story is will Australian bureaucracy allow him to get away with it.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 10 Aug 2019 at 1:09pm

No one said vibrancy and diversity didn’t come with a price tag.

Though it’s a price we are all eager to pay as diversity is , without question , the highest value a community can aspire to.

Just pipping the economy for first place.

And if every bit of remnant forest on the East coast needs to be razed so that the benefits of vibrancy and diversity roll ever onwards then we shall be happy to say goodbye to the last remaining koala with a broad smile on our faces.

More economy , more vibrancy and less unproductive natural habitat I say !

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Saturday, 10 Aug 2019 at 2:26pm

to be honest I find this stuff much more concerning than global warming.

because there really is fukall I can do about that.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 10 Aug 2019 at 2:51pm

Freeride....this issue and climate change are the same thing.

One third of emissions caused by land clearing. Species loss caused by land clearing. Temperature rises caused by land clearing . Reduced rainfall caused by land clearing.

This POS is doing it wherever he can for more and more money that he obviously does not need.

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Saturday, 10 Aug 2019 at 4:38pm

Just remember that there are plenty "salt of the earth" Aussie farmers doing exactly the same thing but on a much larger scale, and they are doing it with the backing of our elected officials. So it is all well and good to have a go at the Chinese guy and bag his greed, but some of these farmers are just as wealthy and just as greedy. They are just a bit more discreet and out of public view, basically though they just don't give a rat's about the environment

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 10 Aug 2019 at 4:48pm

This dickheads not trying to grow anything but his bank balance.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 10 Aug 2019 at 6:37pm

And not just grow it, but grow it up to the standard of William Hu.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 10 Aug 2019 at 10:42pm

I’m just such a fan of William Hu.

Doesn’t the name just ring with vibrancy !

Thank god we’ve seen the end of those dead end , monocultural days when the likes of Bill Heslop or Bob Jelly limited our development potential.

Now we are lucky enough to see such diversity as William Hu clear felling our native habitat on a speculative development. And he’s only just getting started !

Everyday I wake to find evidence of more vibrancy throughout our once sad , monocultural backwater nation. The koalas of Iluka should be proud to give their lives in the promotion of diversity.

I’m sure a plaque commemorating the former existence of natural habitat will promote a pause for reflection amongst the zero dollar, vibrant tourists who will now trammel the dead fall .

What we as Australians will lose in natural habitat and fauna , we will gain ten fold in diversity.

And diversity is strength !

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Sunday, 11 Aug 2019 at 9:35am

yes Blowin.."And diversity is strength !"

Mr Hu , is following the capitalist system , profit = Western success ,.

Australia is showing great diversity by strengthening his bank account , as us capitalists need China to become like us!

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Sunday, 11 Aug 2019 at 10:18am

This is why the world is fucked Blowin. Us good people, are also the bad people. I like what your saying, but what about the bits you aren’t talking about. You are also a blowin like him, who dug up the earth to make more than enough money for himself. Blowin, you are William Hu, and there’s more of you than ever on the way up
https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 11 Aug 2019 at 11:08am

Oh, I’ve probably done worse things to the environment than Mr Hu.

Try trawling the bottom of Exmouth gulf for prawns if you want a proper taste of environmental vandalism.

But that was years ago, before I got a conscience and before the effects of 7billion humans became so critical and apparent. To be acting in such a manner in 2019 is criminal.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019 at 10:38pm

Perhaps there will be a deus ex machina and the threat will fall on its own sword just as it seemed invincible:

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/videos-chinese-military-vehicles-gath...

tux's picture
tux's picture
tux Thursday, 15 Aug 2019 at 10:37am

Yeah nah...most farmers are just trying to survive...as typical broad acre cropping program runs between 1 and 3% net profit on a good year...bad year that goes backwards...most farmesr aren't anti-environment as they understand that its important for their livlehood

Distracted's picture
Distracted's picture
Distracted Thursday, 15 Aug 2019 at 11:36am

Developers have been clearing coastal forest for ever, the Chinese are just late to the party.
Mr Phillip Dong Fang Lee is not wasting time though in trashing Port Stephens.
https://www.domain.com.au/news/chinese-developer-phillip-lee-sparks-ire-...

http://northarmcove.nsw.au/nacra/environmental-vandalism-triggers-counci...

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Thursday, 28 Nov 2019 at 2:23am

27/11/2019 ABC The Business

Harvey Norman Shareholder's Meeting 2nd Strike "Showdown"...
At meeting on Stage!... Harvey Norman bullies Stephen Mayne...
Harvey : "We've got you here as Idiot of the Day!"
Harvey : "Are you a Sexual Predator!"

After Party with Elysse...
Elysse : There is clearly an issue with the way the company has been run!
Harvey : "No! Hang on a sec...what issue!"
Elysse : For a large amount of shareholders!
Harvey : "No there's not!"
Elysse : You've had 2 strikes..47.5% against (Excluding your Family)..
Harvey : (spins the stats -/+ Family) "It's 20% in fact it's less 17% or something!"
Elysse : You won't be changing anything about the way the company is run?
Harvey : " ...and you wanna change something that's really successful, that makes no point."
"We're not gonna do that to make you happy!"
Elysse : One more that will annoy you..Roughly 25-30% HN franchises go broke!"
Harvey :"No that's not right...Again!"
Elysse : Again!
Harvey : Again! Wrong!
Elysse : How many franchises don't work out & why don't you tell the Shareholders.
Harvey : "Hang on a second, what's it got to do with anyone?" (Pissing himself!)
"The whole thing is, our shareholders only care about one thing...How much money are you making, what are your market shares, are you doing better than last year and is my share price going up!"
"Now if it's 50,60 or 80... none of our shareholders care about that!"
"Don't you understand that!"
(Pissing himself) Ends...

Elysse moves on to next interview with female guest both tryin' not to crack up.
https://iview.abc.net.au/show/business

Yes Mr Harvey... they should be 50% off!

Harvey : "Again! Wrong! It's only 47.5% ...maybe more like 17% or something."

mowgli's picture
mowgli's picture
mowgli Monday, 2 Dec 2019 at 1:26pm

The only way to counter this Ayn Rand-ian mentality is via the law. And I think you’ll find our civil law system has been built up over the last couple of centuries to protect “property rights”. Problem at the local level is the Council’s have little wiggle room to constrain things, the power sits at the State level. I’m sure there a few legal eagles that lurk on these boards that could set me straight if I got any of that wrong.

The whole “farmers love the environment” or “farmers are the true environmentalists” thing is just the biggest load of claptrap….They “love it” except when it’s between the environment and making $$$ (and I say that coming from a farming and mining background). At that point it’s bye-bye trees and topsoil and then a few years later it’s complaints about reduced rainfall and yields and ever increasing synthetic fertiliser requirements and costs and if only the damn greenies would get out of the way and let us clear some more trees because that did the trick last time and please government can you please give us more grants/loans/below market subsidies because it’s a tough free-market business this year and we didn’t put enough/any aside during the boom years…

Also, others have mentioned but it doesn’t get said enough….way too many people on this planet…and too many of them living unsustainably (me included, though I’ve calculated that I’m half as bad as average Aussie….though I probably feel twice as guilty as the average #woeisme).

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Friday, 3 Apr 2020 at 2:41pm
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Saturday, 4 Apr 2020 at 5:20pm

US Peak Coronavirus Economy [ Clock Stopper ]

Population is rising 3 people / min

Total Debt is rising $4m / minute
Medicare Liability $2.4m / min
Social Security Liability is rising $1.4m / min
GDP is falling by $1.3m / min
Student Loan Debt rising $150,000 / min
Credit Card Debt is falling by $70,000 / min
China Deficit is falling by $70,000 / min
Trade Deficit is falling by $16,000 / min
Imported Oil spend falling by $20,000 / min
Defence spend up $60,000 / minute

*Coronavirus Millionaires extra 2 / minute
Almost forgot - "Trump is number 101 on facebook, he made me say that!"

https://www.usdebtclock.org/#

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Saturday, 4 Apr 2020 at 7:37pm

As former Fed Chair Alan Greenspan said, "The United States can pay any debt it has because we can always print money to do that. So there is zero probability of default."

Relax, everything is under control

https://www.cnbc.com/id/44051683

On another positive note

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/australia-sydney-melbourne-falling-re...

philosurphizingkerching's picture
philosurphizingkerching's picture
philosurphizing... Sunday, 5 Apr 2020 at 5:46am

Thanks for the link Tbb.
Yuan told the Telegraph 'Coronavirus is just a catalyst'
Fascinating part of the picture/puzzle as to what is currently going on.
As David Icke says follow the money trail and find out who is benefiting from this crisis.

And the rollout of 5G goes hand in hand with Zoom

views from the cockpit's picture
views from the cockpit's picture
views from the ... Sunday, 5 Apr 2020 at 10:05am

Good get and numbers tbb!

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Sunday, 5 Apr 2020 at 7:00pm

Conspiracy Theorists score Motherlode
Australian Mint : Coin & Cash are safe to use.
Medical Experts confirm no COVID 19 spread thru Coins or Cash
WHO have not issued any warnings about banknotes.

Simply not to touch face & wash hands accordingly.
Exactly the same for Touching Cards / Phones / Pads / Screens.
We urge retailers to not discriminate by depriving users of physical currency.

Today! Almost all retailers have automated, most notably Supermarkets refuse cash.
COVID 19 unlawful Bullying 'codes' 100% of civilians or starves them to death.

Oz Govt + WHO say cash is fine...then how come 99% want to kill the poor?
If Govt won't defend Australian Currency as WHO agrees then who can we trust?
Why is this not #1 on the News?
tbb leaves open invitation to conspiracy theorists... as 100% automation is unlawful.
People Unite! This oversteps our freedom to resource ourselves without automation.

Think! Money is dished to next & gone .(Key Pads are viral Hot Spots...so ban them?)
Certainly opened a can of worms...(Elderly < > Cash < > Supermarkets < > PM?)
Note all debate the Germ aspect but not one pulls up 100% Human automation?
27% of Oz still use cash...from this week all are 100% trackable Cyborgs or die!

https://www.ramint.gov.au/news-media/news/cash-usage-regarding-covid-19

https://www.facebook.com/RoyalAustralianMint/photos/a.251059518267544/38...

https://www.centralbanking.com/central-banks/currency/7509046/will-cash-...

https://thefinancialbrand.com/93845/coronavirus-crisis-covid19-sarscov2-...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 5 Apr 2020 at 7:07pm

Cheers , TBB.

Some blatant opportunism going down. Or something more ?

SMH has an editorial today stating that the paper’s official position is that mobile phones should be able to track everyone in order to combat WuFlu.

Seedy shit going down. Too much happening at once under cover of PANIC .

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Sunday, 5 Apr 2020 at 11:47pm

Cheers, Blowin...do you mean seedy shit like techno convict irons...nuthin' suss!
https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/covid-19-electronic-trac...
Note: In this world : Newspapers now file Pedo anklets under Lifestyle > Health & Wellbeing.
So how do we know we're not dead already or is this is just a worse than average bad dream.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Monday, 6 Apr 2020 at 11:32am

Bank Branches [OUT] Govt Control [IN].
World Govt ban cash to track all Citizens.
Continues from Cash Ban / Tracking (Above)

Pakistan Govt payments via fax numbers ONLY ( No E tag > No Porridge)
https://theconversation.com/coronavirus-how-pakistan-is-using-technology...

Currency is now deemed "Non Essential" by Banks & Govts.
It is "not illegal" to refuse Australian Currency for payment.

NZ [ALERT # 4] >>>> Note OZ is on... [ALERT # 3]
26 March NZ Banks have closed for all but limited hours on one day...
https://www.anz.co.nz/here-to-help/banking-services/

As we all know Bank Queues were already bad x 1.5m @ ltd hr/day (A Bloodbath)

Banks around the World are closing...(20% > 100%)
Branches + (Days & Hours)
ATM's.
Cash Deposit Boxes
Cash Transactions

By Appointment only ~ VIP Clients strictly over $40,000...(as written on tbb's invite)

With essential Seniors banking service closed down...
Yes! Cash is Essential as over 65 y/old use cash for more than half of purchases
The most frail & vulnerable during Corona 'Now'need to transit several buses & towns.
Govt must stop this obvious Nation wide Massive Elder Abuse of outcasting Seniors
Hwy bandits to hold up Grans on Pension-Bank Day Wagon Trains. (Criminal it is!)
https://9now.nine.com.au/a-current-affair/bank-closures-anger-customers-...

OZ Councils are refusing Cash Payments ordering Seniors into E'Tag Pay (Tracking)
State Govt are restricting Cash by imposing several Lotions & Potions!)

Supermarkets deny cash & soon all traders will gladly track every Citizen. (Sorted!)

As most bank online, they then demand all must be tracked by Central Command.
Police: 'Only criminals pay by cash'...(Standard modern Police Cadet briefings) True!
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-20/will-coronavirus-kill-off-cash-in...

So what becomes of cash?
Govt are funnelling all cash transfers into Govt one stop shop Australia Post.
OZ Post remain Open & queues will link as one gridlock while Seniors pay bills.
Govt soon track Boomers cash trail via Home Office shopfront (Dutto is drooling!)
At the press of one Button...Currency is Gone from PO & society. (That Simple)
100% Everyone is a trackable Robot Slave for Social Credit... (All 100% legal)

So just in case you missed it ...World Govt's are well in control of Corona...
[100% Control] being the operative word...much less so that other 'Corona' thingy.
Dutto's Social Credit is coming on a bit heavy like...

[ Disclaimer ] Not a conspiracy...get with the plan people...this is [ ALERT 4 ]
The Poor & Gran are getting cash splash trackers fitted right now...all perfectly legal.