Restricted Access Tas East Coast

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 started the topic in Wednesday, 22 Aug 2018 at 7:49am

Drove past a well known walk in spot south of Swansea on Tasmania's east coast the other day and noticed a new sign on the fence where you park "PRIVATE PROPERTY NO ACCESS NO DOGS". Just wondering if this is going to be enforced or is just a deterrent. If it's because of some dickheads that have been taking their dogs in across the local farmers property then a pat on the back to you guys for fucking it up for everybody else. Be interested to hear from anyone first hand.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 22 Aug 2018 at 8:56am

Slight OT, but there's been recent news around the multi-million-dollar tourism development at nearby Dolphin Sands in the last few days too.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-24/huge-development-considered-for-ta...

(link is a few months old but more recent articles from The Mercury are paywalled)

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Wednesday, 22 Aug 2018 at 9:11am

Yeah know about that one Ben. Causing a big ruckus it is!!! Unfortunately we're in for a shit show of new developments over here that are going to impact a few peoples lifestyles. The one I'm referring to also has a $1200 per night place right on the point and I'm guessing the rich paying clients are getting tired of seeing bare surfers arses getting into wetsuits while sitting in their hot tub on the deck. Then again it could be the dog issue - either way looks like access is going to be a lot harder which probably means more surf for the adventurous I suppose.

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Monday, 26 Nov 2018 at 3:28pm

Ben
Interesting development on this one. Heard from a few Hobart guys that the police were on the prowl this weekend where you park your car and walk in taking down rego plates of all those that ignored their advice not to trespass.