Your First or most Favourite Car you've had

wellymon's picture
wellymon started the topic in Thursday, 21 Nov 2013 at 12:23pm

Having owned and trashed 24 cars through my journey in this life, My first car I brought was an HK 1968 Sedan, teal green like the colour here on SN with a white roof, 186hp, 3speed on the column, without a doubt I had the best surf trips and memories in that wagon to date. What a laid back cruiser she was.
Subaru's would be my most favourite, having 4 different models to date, my first Subaru was a 1979, 1600cc, Brumbie ute, one speed 4x4 range and fanged up to Treble Cone days on end like a little rocket on steroids.
Now I own a Subaru XV 2.0is, great little SUV thingy, economical on gas, heaps of room, kick arse sound system and goes like the stink for a 2.0l, what a great little wagon to drive.
Yeah I have to say that I've had the worst luck with cars, probably why I've had a few.
Have a rant by all means!

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Tuesday, 3 Dec 2013 at 11:44pm

Ned Flanders: Hi-diddly-ho, petal-to-the-metal-ophiles.
Homer Simpson: Flanders? Since when do you like anything cool?
Ned Flanders: Oh, I don't care for the speed, but I can't get enough of that safety gear - helmets, roll bars, caution flags...

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Thursday, 5 Dec 2013 at 3:36am

I cant help but think ive met you both, Zen and Tao? I think you're from north coast though not south coast.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 5 Dec 2013 at 9:22am

Maybe groundswell?

Originally a Brizzo and learnt to surf around the Caloundra/Maroochydore stretch, then moved to the Goldy in my late teens and went to Griffith uni there. My work has taken me to the far north for a stint and the better part of a decade in Sydney.

Been living in Japan since 2006.

It's funny because from time to time I think a couple of people based on their posts sound familiar too.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 5 Dec 2013 at 10:18am

had the new site had a private message system.......you guys could chat and exchange more info, email adds etc

crustt's picture
crustt's picture
crustt Thursday, 5 Dec 2013 at 6:08pm

Best surf car was a diahatzu handi-van (pizza car) , 693cc , 3 cylinder. 18 km to the liter and you could fit an 8'6" if you folded the passenger seat down. It was my wife's car but I used it for trips up or down the coast, was like driving a go cart.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 26 Feb 2014 at 3:59pm

HG 186s station wagon, bench seats, 3speed column shift. It was a F*ckn legend of a car.... Just kept going, and going, and going, till the Coolum cops pulled me up in 1999, and politely said "hey mate, I think it's too rusty to be on the road". There were holes in the floor from where saltwater had ran off my legs, like the flintstones. But the beast wouldn't die. It is still powering on today as a bushbasher, on a mates farm out past yandina. 186s motors - legendary.......

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Wednesday, 26 Feb 2014 at 5:37pm

@Sheepdog, the 186 motors were great, I did 500,000 miles in my HK and it was still ticking over like clock work before she got dismissed to the wreckers :(

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 26 Feb 2014 at 6:02pm

Yeah, Wellymon. Still miss the beast........ Got a 97 EL falcon6 with a rare 5sp manual @themo'.... Got lucky with this one. She keeps on purring too. Funny down here in tazvania.... Things don't rust as quick... Not like freekn Coolum. Plastic rusts in Coolum :)