Surf cars

PaulG's picture
PaulG started the topic in Wednesday, 8 Aug 2018 at 10:31am

Surf cars

Every 5 years I upgrade my car/wagon, and its getting harder, I want to be Homer like in the episode were he design it himself.
Current issue is new cars suck, they all use surfing for advertising, but none seen to be practical.
Specs, need to carry at least 4 boards (usually more) and 2 teenagers (usually more) every Saturday/Sunday – need to drive it Mon-Fri (30K kms pa)

Boards need to vary from 5 10” twinny to 9 2 Jackson and a range of inbetweeners
(Short boards, fish, retro, mini mals)

The rear space in suv is crap, allowing too much room for the teenagers and not enough board space. - Maybe due to lack of choice

4 door utes, good for tools not good for 6’+ boards –off the list

Family vans (havnt looked at yet) but they seem a bit daggie – although maybe when they get their P’s I wont have to share it – further investigation required and stick figure stickers a must for these sorta cars. -maybe

New commodore, has a split middle seat good idea will keep separation on drive home after the weekly interference call and wave steeling accusation argument – but the weird stud will inflix a ding on at least one board – therefore it fails –off the list

The sales guys try to tell me about keyless entry – but this is not good , key aint water proof – nowhere to stick the key lock device car any way. Then they go on about the sensors to warn me about the guy trying to snake me on the left or were ever as if I care- glad he doesn’t surf.

any suggested for what I should check out is appreciated -Ta