Morocco - travel tips?

cswells's picture
cswells started the topic in Friday, 8 Jun 2018 at 1:46pm

Hey Crew,

A mate and I are heading to Taghazout for 10 days across September and October, and we're hoping to score beyond just Anchor Point.

Does anyone have any tips on the best way to get help there? Any general advice as well would be awesome.

Cheers

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 8 Jun 2018 at 2:10pm

Bucket list. Half yr luck mate.

nextswell's picture
nextswell's picture
nextswell Friday, 8 Jun 2018 at 2:52pm

September/Oct is pretty early in the season. Spent 2 weeks there in Nov 2011 at the end of a Euro trip. There is plenty of apartment like accom with ocean views for a reasonable rate in Taghazout. You could probably wing it and organise once you arrive. Anchor Point can get crowded but the point up the road has a bit more room and felt a little bit like Bells. Can recommend the Safi region too if you are happy to drive.

cswells's picture
cswells's picture
cswells Friday, 15 Jun 2018 at 3:10pm

Hey Crew, thanks for the feedback. My mate and I are gonna rent a car so we can cruise up and down the coast there, as my guess is Anchor Point will be pretty packed as you've mentioned. We thought it might be a bit early in the season, but was the only time we could line up schedules (my mate lives in Denmark now as his gf is Danish). I'll give you an update on how it goes!!

tux's picture
tux's picture
tux Wednesday, 20 Jun 2018 at 2:58pm

I was there for 6 weeks in 2000 and there was plenty of accom in Taghzout back then we surfed down from Casablanca past Agadir from the top and my much degraded memory :

Tamaris - Just south of Casablanca - Excellent left hander seemed to handle a good sized swell. Urchins on the reef, kind of busy with frenchies not much accom nearby
Safi - Beachbreaks from memory...lots of different spost but access was difficult
Essaouira - Reef and beaches around we didn't score anything amazing
Taghazout - Anchors point, killers etc we stayed on the middle point and had lots of good waves theres also a point halfway to Agadir that gets great waves dependant on the sand
Agider - South of here was quite a few waves but access and accom was pretty difficult