Family surf holiday

euchat's picture
euchat started the topic in Monday, 9 Apr 2018 at 8:03pm

Hi swellnetters long time reader first time posting. Looking to go on a family holiday in July where my wife and 9, 6 and 2yr old can surf easy waves. I can surf a decent fun right in walking distance.Have a pool and decent accommodation. Thinking Fiji, Hawaii but open to any ideas. Or even providers who can help me. Thanks euchat.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 14 Apr 2018 at 5:52pm

Phuket

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Saturday, 14 Apr 2018 at 6:31pm

Without knowing specific preferences, I reckon Sri Lanka might tick quite a few of your boxes. 

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Saturday, 14 Apr 2018 at 8:33pm

Cactus Beach 'original' Surf Safaris-(ABC iview) [Back Roads]"Ceduna"

eddiewouldgo's picture
eddiewouldgo's picture
eddiewouldgo Sunday, 15 Apr 2018 at 5:12am

Nah too late...the locals hassle too hard you cant get a carpark there these days..

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 15 Apr 2018 at 2:23pm

I couldnt go to Sri Lanka given their recent political history and the fact that government ought to held account for the war crimes committed against the Tamils. The Australian Government (Abbott), in its effort to "stop the boats" turned a blind eye to it.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 15 Apr 2018 at 3:42pm

Fuck politics mate. You’ve only got one go around in your present incarnation, do what makes you happy.

Smiths's picture
Smiths's picture
Smiths Sunday, 15 Apr 2018 at 6:45pm

Hi euchat,
Kandooma in The Maldives sounds like it ticks all the boxes. We went last July with young children and it was probably our best family holiday ever. Waves pumped 7 out of 10 days and the rest of the family absolutely loved it. A bit pricey but worth every cent

crg's picture
crg's picture
crg Monday, 16 Apr 2018 at 2:06pm

You must be rolling in it Smiths if you consider it just a "bit pricey".
Good luck to ya.

Smiths's picture
Smiths's picture
Smiths Monday, 16 Apr 2018 at 9:11pm

Yeah definitely couldn't afford that too often. Really cheap Air Asia flights softened the blow and we crammed the 4 of us in a smallish room. We have just returned from Hawaii and i reckon that cost even more. Oahu is nice but if i had my time again I'd do Kandooma over Hawaii.

cgrover's picture
cgrover's picture
cgrover Tuesday, 17 Apr 2018 at 2:13pm

Sri Lanka East Coast awesome fun waves in away from A Bay but could base yourself there or close. There are plenty of guides, hire one for a day to scope out options and then tuk tuk after that. Not cheap like much of Asia but not too exy either. Plenty of accommodation options, you can book online and plenty of things to do if there's no waves. National parks, snorkelling etc. Air Sri Lanka fly direct from Melbourne - Colombo which is a good option but depends on where you're flying out of.

dead kennedy's picture
dead kennedy's picture
dead kennedy Tuesday, 17 Apr 2018 at 6:33pm

Nias