Pokie Parasites

blindboy's picture
blindboy started the topic in Sunday, 11 Mar 2018 at 12:46pm

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 11 Mar 2018 at 12:53pm

Fairfax justify my subscription with this piece alone. Not only is the Diggers development a spectacular over use of the site, it establishes the NB as long term NSW champion of the ugliest building in the most prominent position award and that is against serious opposition from all over state. Oh and the stormwater from the entire site is being dumped on the rock platform below. I mean we got lots of money but we're not going to waste it on environmental protection when we can build bigger uglier buildings for our thievery. Hang your head if you ever go there ( and add DYRSL to the shame file), you are supporting the parasites and benefiting through low charges for the services you use.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/sydney-billion-dollar-pokies-buildin...

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 16 Mar 2018 at 12:41pm

Good to see Beach Hotel at Byron removing all the Poker machines .

dandandan's picture
dandandan's picture
dandandan Friday, 16 Mar 2018 at 2:40pm

Having been pretty active in the election down here in Tassie recently, the word 'pokies' sends a lightening rod through my chest.

It truly felt like the end of genuine democracy, with the election being so clearly won on the back a unprecedented injection of funds from the pokies lobby (already handsomely rewarded with $7m of Tassie's limited budget - not to mention the gift of a new license).

If I was a NSWelshman, I'd be boycotting every single one of these venues and encouraging everyone else to do the same.