newbie surfing in gc

christyanawong's picture
christyanawong started the topic in Thursday, 23 Jun 2016 at 7:38pm

howdy!

i've most recently moved to gold coast and would really appreciate some tips on surfing here.

i'm an avid surfer from singapore (yes it's flat as a lake, so we have to fly out to surf) where i've been surfing since 2000 but i still feel i'm always learning. I was living in Bali for 2 years pursuing my no.1 passion (rugby is my next no.1 too) . Hence, I am an experienced surfer. However, having surfed 7 days a week , 2-3 hours a day resulted in a cervical spondolysis/ a pinched nerve. Hence, I haven't really surfed for about 1.5 years. I'd really like to get back into the water again but of cos, slowly and less intensive. Though I am fit from other sports but surfing of cos, requires a whole different fitness level, of which we all know. And it doesn't help that it's winter now and I'm used to surfing in warm water (mainly in asia up to sri lanka & maldives) and I only have a shortie with me.

hence, i'd really appreciate it if anyone is kind enough to throw me a bone here on where to surf on the gold coast and not too demanding on a body that is still recovering ( yup my finger still tingles). my bf and i are currently putting up near ashmore.

thank you so much in advance.. and see u at the lineup! ;)