Surf watch found on Westernport reef today

floyd's picture
floyd started the topic in Monday, 11 May 2015 at 11:47am

Down in Melbourne and while walking the dog today I found a new looking surf watch on a very low tide Westernport reef known for its overcrowding, grumpy old mal riders and in more recent times unsociable SUP riders.

If you think the watch is yours leave your contact details and a description of the watch at Trigger Brothers Pt Leo within the next 2 weeks. After that I'll donate to the first grommie I see.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Monday, 11 May 2015 at 11:47am

You know where I talking about ......

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Monday, 11 May 2015 at 12:08pm

Good on ya Floyd. Nice.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Monday, 11 May 2015 at 12:19pm

Is this a trick question to actually "out " people that bother to surf westernport ? ;-))

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 11 May 2015 at 12:25pm

Haha!

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Monday, 11 May 2015 at 5:08pm

No trick but I like your humour southey

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Monday, 11 May 2015 at 8:10pm

You just outed yourself southie haha

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Monday, 11 May 2015 at 9:47pm

not quite MVG .....
I will say I did " attempt" to surf there last year on " the day " of the year ....
and that was the first time since God knows when ( closer to 15 yrs than 10 ) .
But judging by last years disappointment , I 'd rather spend 90% of the day in a car interrupted
by a short surf in the middle of that drive . if you know what I mean .
Lately though I'm erring towards a short plane trip or a weekend boat trip as a better alternative . ;-)

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 11 May 2015 at 10:11pm

Its been about 15 years for me too, if the area wasn't so crowded id give the area a go on those days when its huge and blown out everywhere else, some of the reefs in the area actually have really good shape, they just lack exposure to swell and get crowded with all kinds of surfers and craft.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Monday, 11 May 2015 at 10:27pm

ID ,
no you wouldn't .... trust me after surfing so many other spots all over Aust. / the world its a case of
" Imagine if ............... and ............. " lets be honest even on the best day it lacks power . Only one particular wave has credibility and that needs little to no wind ....
I think even if I was a green grommy , todays reality wouldn't have me as keen as I once was . Although it would've sped up my " wanderlust " faster and earlier in life ... so maybe a good thing . skeeta got it right

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Monday, 11 May 2015 at 11:20pm

On reading this, glad i hit the reforms instead of the reefs even on 6ft+ days. But I'm still confused, thought you lived in silver silo country.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Tuesday, 12 May 2015 at 7:25am
southey wrote:

ID ,
no you wouldn't .... trust me after surfing so many other spots all over Aust. / the world its a case of
" Imagine if ............... and ............. " lets be honest even on the best day it lacks power . Only one particular wave has credibility and that needs little to no wind ....
I think even if I was a green grommy , todays reality wouldn't have me as keen as I once was . Although it would've sped up my " wanderlust " faster and earlier in life ... so maybe a good thing . skeeta got it right

So true, the joint is such a hoax. The reforms on the beachies have so much more push and power

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Tuesday, 12 May 2015 at 7:26am

And skeet is on a slightly different level that the rest of us when it comes to chasing waves! Except maybe caml

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 13 May 2015 at 3:44pm

Contact Triggers @ Pt Leo