Noob surfer, noob poster

me9999's picture
me9999 started the topic in Monday, 23 Mar 2015 at 6:41am

Hey guys,

So I had a mid life crisis a bit earlier than some and bought a nice starter surfboard. I've been down to Middleton a few times and hung with the surf class, but Middleton's a bit of a drive.

Mid coast has 1 foot waves now, is it worth the drive? Are one footers still good to ride?

Also, being a newbie out in the water I'm pretty aware of people around me and let more experienced surfers take the waves and I pretty much give way to everyone. Can someone give me a few etiquette pointers? I love being out in the water and I'd like to make a few acquaintances while I'm out there.

I'd like to get to know the regulars and be able to have a chat and all.

Sorry if I posted under the wrong forum. Any tips and advice will be very appreciated, I'm 32 and am very new to surfing, but I'm hooked.

Cheers.

norchock's picture
norchock's picture
norchock Thursday, 26 Mar 2015 at 6:36pm

Well said chook..I just got home as my career as a
bricklayer requires such a high level of iq I thought fuck it...that stupid labourer fucked up
a bit today so we made him buy a carton..anyway
hows that knee board going 9999?make sure you
get some decent flippers and I heard once that waxing the fins is the go

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 26 Mar 2015 at 7:50pm

welcome to the line up me9999,

chook just told you more about surfing than all the other posts combined,

and you thought you would be able to chat with regulars

get a board like sheepdog is talking about..."maybe a touch more..."
get one more surf lesson then fuck their little rort off
avoid middleton at all costs, more often than not end up at middleton
dont overlook one footers on the mid
persist for years, maybe one of the locals might talk to you, but dont worry about that, because invaribly their a bunch of wankers anyway

kneeboard/boogie much easier to have fun on while getting wave knowledge
but no one will talk to you then

me9999's picture
me9999's picture
me9999 Sunday, 29 Mar 2015 at 12:30am
troppo dichotomy wrote:

9999 stop surf school classes.save ur money for boards!get long,med,short.single,twin,thruster,quad
u have excellent free advice from some very experienced surfers here.none of em i bet ever went to any surf school!
keep at it,put in lots of time as everything intensifies as you progress(like music).you will get better waves,better manoeuvres,better wipe outs and even more stoked!

i believe Andy Irons said"surf all day,everyday"

The only idea behind classes was that I had someone there I could question, but also use someone else long board til I gained more confidence.

me9999's picture
me9999's picture
me9999 Sunday, 29 Mar 2015 at 12:31am
sypkan wrote:

welcome to the line up me9999,

chook just told you more about surfing than all the other posts combined,

and you thought you would be able to chat with regulars

get a board like sheepdog is talking about..."maybe a touch more..."
get one more surf lesson then fuck their little rort off
avoid middleton at all costs, more often than not end up at middleton
dont overlook one footers on the mid
persist for years, maybe one of the locals might talk to you, but dont worry about that, because invaribly their a bunch of wankers anyway

kneeboard/boogie much easier to have fun on while getting wave knowledge
but no one will talk to you then

Fair call. I think I've met those wankers you talk of.

me9999's picture
me9999's picture
me9999 Sunday, 29 Mar 2015 at 12:37am
chook wrote:

ohhhh, look. the kook is getting all uppity, questioning someone's IQ. well, enjoy your superior intelligence as you flail around and are laughed at and despised for the next few years till you give up and go back to playing golf.
here's some advice 9999, you're the lowest of the low and no one wants you in water on your piece of shit that you call a surfboard. man up, take it on chin and shut the fuck up.

Christ. Look at your rant and you called me uppity?? Hahahaha.

I don't give a fuck who wants me where. I'll go wherever the fuck I want whenever.

See you out there. Your comment won't stop me. I'll give you a time a place when I take my piece of shit board out and you tell me to my face who wants me where and we'll see where you end up.

norchock's picture
norchock's picture
norchock Sunday, 29 Mar 2015 at 6:22am

Settle down 9sie you do that mate ya goose ha ha ya middle aged fat cunt

norchock's picture
norchock's picture
norchock Sunday, 29 Mar 2015 at 6:57am

Look out...old 9sie has been on some mma site asking for advice on fighting blokes at the beach..."fuck 9sie ya give it to that 14year old boogie boarder that laughed at you...his mate wasn't saying much then"next we'll be hereing about this fat cunt hanging around middleton looking to punch on with anyone

me9999's picture
me9999's picture
me9999 Sunday, 29 Mar 2015 at 7:29am
norchock wrote:

Look out...old 9sie has been on some mma site asking for advice on fighting blokes at the beach..."fuck 9sie ya give it to that 14year old boogie boarder that laughed at you...his mate wasn't saying much then"next we'll be hereing about this fat cunt hanging around middleton looking to punch on with anyone

Sorry guys, what a fucking childish rant. Im having a few issues at the moment and stupid little things set me off. The northern suburb remark, something else, fucking cat looked at me sideways.

I appreciate the responses. Its good to get an idea from people who have been out in the water for an extended time. Ive got a lot to work on and consider from here.

Thanks again and sorry bout the fucking flip out. Uncalled for.

norchock's picture
norchock's picture
norchock Sunday, 29 Mar 2015 at 7:59am

Cmon mate im just taking the piss,just get out there surfing ,best thing ever