Wetsuit Technology?

Nick Bone's picture
Nick Bone started the topic in Tuesday, 3 Mar 2015 at 12:13pm

Every year, all the wetsuit manufacturers bring the new seasons catalogue, and everytime on the tag: 5% more this 10% that etc.

Just wondering two things here. How far ahead are the manufacturers in technology than they are releasing. I know and understand that the restrict the advancements as too increase profit which im fine with, but just how far along they have come i.e nike owning hurley would have to have some sort of space suit nearly ready (exaggerating but to illustrate a point). That and would the pro's would have to be equipped with the latest stuff? Surely. Which in that case how is the superior stuff not 'leaked' (so to speak) on the market?

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 5 Mar 2015 at 6:24pm

There full of shit...same rubber as last winter.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Thursday, 5 Mar 2015 at 7:11pm

Industrial mechanical stretch is the correct terminology..?
Full of shi-stretch.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Thursday, 5 Mar 2015 at 7:26pm

The best magic I have found about wetsuits is how they are made in Asia and then sold in the UK to me (in Australia) for $300*** less that Australian RRP for the same suit with free shipping. Australian warranty costs my arse.

*** No VAT or GST paid

fraser-gordon's picture
fraser-gordon's picture
fraser-gordon Thursday, 5 Mar 2015 at 7:34pm

Just had a wetsuit custom made in Japan by a Japanese mate will be interesting to see the quality compared to the big brand's.