leaving for morocco. portugal spain

Mr Wax's picture
Mr Wax started the topic in Thursday, 15 Jan 2015 at 9:29pm

Hi i want to surf all the good spots in Morocco Portugal and spain from Feb - March .i know im going at a great time for swell and i know the names of alot of spots ,thing is thats all i know . Can sombody tell me where to rent a ruffy van that i can sleep in and tour Morocco ? I dont think i will be crossing the border in a rental but will need to rent again in Portugal and Spain . Is it safe to sleep in your van ? Could somebody give me a rough example of what they did on their trip there if possible please . P.s I will be a lone wolf unless i meet some hot surfer euro chick who is down for a budget surf trip hwoo.

Mr Wax's picture
Mr Wax's picture
Mr Wax Thursday, 15 Jan 2015 at 9:32pm

Im only taking 2 boards a 4/3 steamer and some cool water wax and some condoms . Only joking about the girls , i never get chicks .

Vocra's picture
Vocra's picture
Vocra Monday, 19 Jan 2015 at 3:42am

Hey Mr. Wax, Morocco is an awesome place whether you go alone, with friends and or gf! well, if this is not the case then you might be better at surf camps where the chicks are at!! just kidding we know that it´s all about the surf!! ehehehe listen,, try this website for information about the surf camps, waves, and if you just fancy renting a van, then drop them a question...maybe they will help you out. www.surfinn.travel

maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley Monday, 19 Jan 2015 at 10:12am

Hi Mr Wax - it's been while since I did what you are about to do but yes is it safe to sleep in your van - be prepared to pay someone a few cents to mind your van tho. Money well spent. It kinda works this way everywhere you go but it's not much and gives you peace of mind.

Make sure you have car insurance that covers Maroc - otherwise you will get hassled at every checkpoint.

Follow the coast from Tangiers down to Agadir/Taghazout - surf the whole way down. Agadir/Taghazout is the spot tho - some epic waves around there - Killers, Anchor point etc.

On my trip I bought the Storm Riders guide to Europe which showed you a lot of spots - the rest I found either by myself or after I had my map of Maroc marked up by a local I met.

Take all the spare equipment you need - you won't find any surf shops for spare leggies, fins etc until you get to Agadir. Same with beer.

mk1's picture
mk1's picture
mk1 Monday, 19 Jan 2015 at 1:49pm

If you are going for a few months consider buying a van, but you'll have to go back up to Europe to sell it.
Old cars are cheap in Europe.