Waves you've never surfed, but would love to..

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog started the topic in Wednesday, 17 Dec 2014 at 10:31am

Name your top 5..

yocal's picture
yocal's picture
yocal Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 9:33am
groundswell wrote:

Its a pity Rags left lifted out of the water anyone surf that pre quake?

Yup! Scored it in 06, but not for long as only two of us on the boat wanted a piece of it. Scary wave & we only had it at 4-5ft. There would be steps & boils coming up the face, which over coral reef is horrifying, especially when the lip is rifling along at top speed too. Little bit like restaurants I guess.

yocal's picture
yocal's picture
yocal Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 9:35am
indo-dreaming wrote:

nearby wave Roxys/Malakopa/Cold water springs whatever you want to call it, went from being a very average wave to a very high quality wave on its day.

Scored that too in '08 (not to boast haha). Great wave & very hollow when it gets over 4ft

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 11:19am
yocal wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

nearby wave Roxys/Malakopa/Cold water springs whatever you want to call it, went from being a very average wave to a very high quality wave on its day.

Scored that too in '08 (not to boast haha). Great wave & very hollow when it gets over 4ft

Did you drop into Macca's resort in 2008 for a beer? Me and the missus worked there that season.

toneranger's picture
toneranger's picture
toneranger Friday, 26 Dec 2014 at 11:12pm

sandspit,snapper,noosa,honolua bay,lower trestles

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 29 Dec 2014 at 3:44pm
stunet wrote:

Donkey Bay
Elizabeth Reef
Morotai (yeah it's an island but I don't know specific wave names)
Diego Garcia
Cloudbreak (hopefully tick that one off soon)

Just watched a vid of Kamchatca (?) peninsula by Surfer Magazine and another on The Inertia. I can see why it's not on your top 5. No doubt it could get amazing though. Fun adventure for sure.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 29 Dec 2014 at 4:07pm

The Kamchatka has been on my place of 'incredible places to visit' for a very long time.. can't imagine the logistics required though.

yocal's picture
yocal's picture
yocal Monday, 29 Dec 2014 at 5:03pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

Did you drop into Macca's resort in 2008 for a beer? Me and the missus worked there that season.

Hey Indo, nah I didn't stop in that year I don't think. Some of the boys on our boat did from memory. We were on the Huey both in 06 and 08. If you have met Captain Sooly before i'm sure you could agree he's a madman and a legend!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 29 Dec 2014 at 5:14pm
thermalben wrote:

The Kamchatka has been on my place of 'incredible places to visit' for a very long time.. can't imagine the logistics required though.

Stu said the same. Doesn't look that involved. On the video all they had was tents, a guide, a massive all wheel drive truck and a helicopter.
The set ups on the vid looked good but no real waves ridden. Have you seen otherwise ?