Repetitive posts in article comments

stunet's picture
stunet started the topic in Wednesday, 19 Nov 2014 at 8:52am

Those who visit the site frequently might have noticed that I've deleted a few comments in recent articles (Greg Webber banana board and more recently blindboy's 'Psycho point' story). The reason being the posts were becoming repetitive, abusive, and were turning other people off reading or commenting. In recent weeks we've had a spike of complaints about the issue.

It's been said before but it bears repeating here: repetitive in-house banter between a small group of commenters is fine in the forums. You can take a thread as far off the rails as you wish (within reason) and there'll be no interference from us. Article coment sections are a different kettle of fish. Sure the topic can meander and weave, but when it gets into the same old rut - as keeps happening - then the posts are gonna start dissappearing. There are people reading who want to make genuine contributions but are locked out by this pattern.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 19 Nov 2014 at 8:56am

Duly noted and will be careful not to feed the monkey in the future.

morris's picture
morris's picture
morris Wednesday, 19 Nov 2014 at 10:14am

I was going to say something myself but I got scared and didn't.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 19 Nov 2014 at 10:39am

What about the children.... Would someone PLEASE think of the children!!!!!!

neville-beats-buddha's picture
neville-beats-buddha's picture
neville-beats-buddha Wednesday, 19 Nov 2014 at 11:42am

Let the children play elsewhere, they've invaded every other comment thread. Happy to see some action taken.

niggly's picture
niggly's picture
niggly Wednesday, 19 Nov 2014 at 11:52am

nice'

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Wednesday, 19 Nov 2014 at 11:55am

+1, was hoping something would be said or done. Thanks

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Wednesday, 19 Nov 2014 at 12:33pm

+2 here fellas, Perhaps you would like to look at my Kickstarter campaign for the documentary I am doing on the affects of repeatedly abusive comments on Patagonia wearing hipsters who are to cool to wear legropes.

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Wednesday, 19 Nov 2014 at 12:43pm

Thankyou stewart, the point's been well and truly lost.

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Wednesday, 19 Nov 2014 at 12:49pm

Chilwdwen can be vewy, vewy meanieths to pooowr wittle sthurfeeeths. Iths betht to forwm a wing awound vem. Vat workths weawy weawy good in Thydney.

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Wednesday, 19 Nov 2014 at 1:02pm

What do I get if I pay big, Shaun?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 19 Nov 2014 at 1:22pm

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 19 Nov 2014 at 1:23pm

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Wednesday, 19 Nov 2014 at 2:41pm
mitchvg wrote:

Empty pockets and a hollow unsatisfied feeling.

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Wednesday, 19 Nov 2014 at 3:22pm

Thankyou stewart. Yes repetition... thankyou stewart, for stopping the turning of every thread into a ludicrous thscienth pwoject and athignment (except the 'sscthienth fwee', the famously lost battle, the surrender at thircle point, Thydnee).

What about the children? Exactly.

And 'lifty' from 'black's'... effortlessly driving them at will into a deleting delerium.

Thankyou stewart.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 19 Nov 2014 at 3:27pm

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Thursday, 20 Nov 2014 at 11:30am

Thankyou stewart... 'Goooood Moooooorrrnnning Mrrrrrrrrr BLLLLLLIIIIIIINNNDDDDYYYY'

Don't worry sheepster, I'm with you, I have to be every day. The children, or as Roy and HG point out often, the kiddies. Except, I get mum and dad. As they warm up, whinging about little stuey's, slouching, little stuey's always picking at his pimples, won't don't his homework, and so on, an on and on. If they are newbies, that's after whinging about the 'unfixable', 'the world's worst back injury', as they proudly show anyone in the vicinity the 25 kg slab of scans and reports that they can barely lift. Away we go, ridiculously basic really, no, your back is fucked, now I want you to put your foot this way.

'But I always put it this way, and Professor Sveden Dorkendneurondweeber says...'

'Yeh, but, your back is fucked, you always do that, notice, your back is fucked, and yes, put your foot this way, yes, its different. Because we want a different back. Think of little stuey's forever bleeding zit. He won't stop scratching it will he. Will you give up on little stuey and his tantrums, desert the little lost fucker, thick as he is? Of course not.' Unless he's really thick, really ingrained to the death, he'll eventually change. Depending on the extent of the brainwashing, which is all belief is, (ie these mud worms are a delicacy, yum, give me more/these mud worms are gross...vomit, never again) it will take longer for change to occur through repetition. Which every elite athlete knows, so they hire coaches to ensure repetition in the right direction is followed. Skill.

Yes, think of stuey's slouch. Think of the 'kiddies'.

Kidding themselves... 'somebody fucking pay us!!!'

Thankyou stewart.

And as we begin, and the foot goes back, and I repeat, a million times if necessary to save them, they have no idea, no understanding that slowly but surely their foot is straightening. Soon its straight. Or, we could let them just do whatever, let little stuey whinge and carry on, threatening to 'get' his parents, ringing his circle of maaayttes, deleting the parents with his 'tooones', and just keep picking his zit, or smoking his durries. Cementing the far reaching pattern, into his life.

So, we have, 'the worlds most unfixable back.'

Are surfee's the worlds greatest athletes... 'some body fucking pay us!!!! Watch us!!! Ya cunts... that was 68 footer... at night... I rode into a fucking cliff face... on fire... give us another snort!!!'

'We are elite athletes... we don't need farkin muscals yar farkin'... some body fucking pay us!!!! Watch us!!! Ya psycho cunts...'

'We are elite athletes... we don't need farkin muscals yar farkin'... some body fucking pay us!!!! Watch us!!! Ya psycho cunts...'

Its only been thirty odd years... maybe next year... or the next... or the next... or the next... or the next...

'Circle the wagons... fuckin injuns!!!! Ring the state... do a propaganda air drop!!! Fire up the blast furnaces!!! Kill the complaining chimps!!! Delete that fucker... the state rules!!!'

Thankyou stewart... 'Goooood Moooooorrrnnning Mrrrrrrrrr BLLLLLLIIIIIIINNNDDDDYYYY'

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 20 Nov 2014 at 11:17am

You're welcome Uplift.

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Thursday, 20 Nov 2014 at 11:34am

Thank's for reading stewart.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 20 Nov 2014 at 11:35am

You're welcome Uplift.

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Thursday, 20 Nov 2014 at 11:39am

See, repetition is fun!

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 20 Nov 2014 at 11:41am

You're welcome Uplift.

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Thursday, 20 Nov 2014 at 11:43am

If only he'd paddle in... try a bigger circle!!!

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Thursday, 20 Nov 2014 at 11:52am

Yes we shouldnt wetire fwom surfing and become keyboard warwiors good point

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Thursday, 20 Nov 2014 at 12:02pm

Bit icy today camsless! Cheque hasn't come?

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Thursday, 20 Nov 2014 at 12:08pm

Haha no but its shit surf

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Thursday, 20 Nov 2014 at 12:16pm

Im on swillnut forum becos its onshore today . My addiction to posting comments gets bad this time of year .

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Thursday, 20 Nov 2014 at 12:16pm

Good, you might remember when that keyboard helped you out heaps, before you burned it. Don't let the ice get too thin. Its close.

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Thursday, 20 Nov 2014 at 12:42pm

Hows the ice plague down lincoln way ? I steer clear of that shit i dont even have coffee rarely

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Thursday, 20 Nov 2014 at 12:45pm

You on top of the goons? You gotta aim your dumps more carefully. Watch where you shit.

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Thursday, 20 Nov 2014 at 4:10pm
shaun wrote:
mitchvg wrote:

Empty pockets and a hollow unsatisfied feeling.

Kind of like buying a ffs HPS 'one board quiver' Hypto Krypto?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 20 Nov 2014 at 4:11pm

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 20 Nov 2014 at 4:12pm

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 20 Nov 2014 at 4:26pm

To me it was just a pain in the butt, thinking there is new post on a cool subject only to find shit dribble not related at all to the original topic.

yocal's picture
yocal's picture
yocal Thursday, 20 Nov 2014 at 5:30pm

yeah it would have been good if a new angle was used each time...

instead I think i've been brainwashed into doing squats, sleepless nights thinking that I can't hack under the lip like the basketballers can

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Thursday, 20 Nov 2014 at 5:45pm

I feel lucky to be one of the last to ever be railed, I mean regaled, by one of SG2's epics :'(

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 20 Nov 2014 at 5:49pm

Sheepy, that meme is dare I say it? Hilarious!

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 20 Nov 2014 at 5:55pm

To be zinged by Gates is a badge of honour. I've said it before but I always try to make sure I don't have a mouth full of coffee before I read one of his posts.

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Friday, 21 Nov 2014 at 12:42am

u guys make me feel so much better about myself, i told my case worker today i didn't need the jacket as i was undergoing swellnut therapy and he turned one of his heads towards me and said, no worries, pauline hansen is making a comeback. great surf here, 2 inches and onshore, waxed up my 7-8 just in case

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Wednesday, 17 Dec 2014 at 10:03pm
uplift wrote:

See, repetition is fun!

Uppy, BB said you might help, getting bad cramps knots in calves when using flippers. BB said to get rid of thongs. Any other suggestions, i want to catch a few from behind the rock at snapper this season but need flippers to hold position.
any assistance would be appreciated. have a happy, safe, rewarding festive season, dave

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Wednesday, 17 Dec 2014 at 10:49pm

Gidday dave, I put this in the other place you asked, but you must have missed it, so copied it here. Also no worries simba, yeh George Thorogood had a unique, raw sound, liked his slide technique too. Hope it helps dave.

Gidday Dave, sometimes its nutrition related, sometimes fitness/strength. As well as magnesium, potassium is important for muscle contractions. Bananas, beans, especially white beans, beet are good sources. So is orange juice, but not worth guzzling the sugar. A good supplement is what I recommend as well. This one is best value, these guys are really cheap, reliable, freight is stuff all, DHL, $8.00 per order, one week delivery time, usually quicker. No PO box delivery with DHL option though.

http://www.iherb.com/Twinlab-Potassium-Caps-215-Capsules/58696#p=1&oos=1...

Take a couple a day.

Here is the best, assimilatable zinc/magnesium supplement. Most are shit, might as well eat a rock or a shell. Zinc is good for recovery/immunity/hormones.

http://www.iherb.com/Primaforce-ZMA-180-Veggie-Caps/58651#p=1&oos=1&disc...

Take a couple before surfing, 3 before bed, with water on empty stomach.

Calcium is really important too, if your diet is shitty, use this, costs stuff all, works best.

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Calcium-Citrate-100-Pure-Powder-8-oz-227-...

Just chuck half a teaspoon in food or drink, you wont taste it.

You could also massage your calves with this, but its a weird, almost stinging, prickly feeling for some people. The best way to get magnesium in the system though.

http://www.iherb.com/Life-Flo-Health-Pure-Magnesium-Oil-8-oz-237-ml/3384...

Importantly get them stronger and fitter and increase blood flow. Walk bare foot in really soft sand. Start gradually. Be patient. Just a few minutes at a time to begin with. Increase over time gradually to 30 minutes. Calf raises on a step, use one arm to balance on rail/wall. Make sure the ball of foot is well and truly on the step. Bare feet is best. Not if your skin is too soft though. Lift/Flex as high as you can for 2 secs, hold for 2 at the top, then lower/stretch as far as you can for 4 secs, lift toes toward shins at bottom to maximise stretch, stay stretched for 2 secs. When you can do 2 sets of 100, do one as described, one pumping up and down as quick/explosive as possible. Then when thats easy, start doing one leg at a time. Same procedure. Every second day. At first they might exhaust even quicker when flippering, as they will be fucked/recovering, until they get stronger.

Here's a good demo to give the idea.

Hope it helps.

stray-gator_2's picture
stray-gator_2's picture
stray-gator_2 Thursday, 18 Dec 2014 at 6:13am

Nah, he didn't miss it - his eyes cramped up halfway through the epic saga. Do you charge by the word?

#striveforpithyasshat.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Thursday, 18 Dec 2014 at 6:31am

Haha, yes upy makes my eyes cramp, funny