WINGS

wellymon's picture
wellymon started the topic in Friday, 25 Jul 2014 at 11:43am

Caml got me started on this, as he was talking in Simon Anderson's thread about 3 fins versus 4 fins.
The Owl, as there are so many different Owls where I live in the bush and it is amazing how they make no sound when flying as Caml said. I have had a few Owls fly straight past me at night on the deck outside and grab an insect 5-6ft away from my face...!
This is a video of Starlings..... Nature at its best, sent to me by a good friend JG from Burton Snowboards Vermount USA.
Peace out, Enjoy

http://vimeo.com/31158841

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Friday, 25 Jul 2014 at 2:07pm

Have a look please, great visuals of nature at its best :)

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 25 Jul 2014 at 2:43pm

Sweet Welly.

I've seen this a couple of times here where I live. It's very rare and I have a couple of pics and I'll try and dig one out. But I just remember sitting for an hour or so once transfixed as I watched thousands of Starlings doing just that in the vid you provided.

It was amazing, like watching a giant bait-ball in the sky, weaving and turning and splitting and then coming back together.

Having seen it with my own eyes I can tell you it is nothing short of spectacular.

Thanks for putting it up.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Friday, 25 Jul 2014 at 4:13pm
zenagain wrote:

Sweet Welly.

I've seen this a couple of times here where I live. It's very rare and I have a couple of pics and I'll try and dig one out. But I just remember sitting for an hour or so once transfixed as I watched thousands of Starlings doing just that in the vid you provided.

It was amazing, like watching a giant bait-ball in the sky, weaving and turning and splitting and then coming back together.

Having seen it with my own eyes I can tell you it is nothing short of spectacular.

Thanks for putting it up.

Cool as Zenmon, are the Starling bird like these a Northern Hemisphere catagory...?