memory foam mattress

udo's picture
udo started the topic in Saturday, 7 Sep 2013 at 2:34pm

does anyone have a memory foam mattress, any good ? ergoflex brand are these any good, 30 years of hard yakka my bodys rooted ,back mainly......top of the range spring mattress don't offer a good sleep...looking for info on the memory foam ones. thanks

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 7 Sep 2013 at 3:25pm

The wife and I have a workbench that is innersprung, with a memory foam top.

I have a pretty dodgy back too but since we've had that, I sleep like a baby.

(toss and turn and cry all night)

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Saturday, 7 Sep 2013 at 3:36pm

Same as Zen, missis is happy that the bed doesn't move when I get up for an early, or am tossnanturnin.

anton-chigurh's picture
anton-chigurh's picture
anton-chigurh Sunday, 8 Sep 2013 at 8:34pm

@zen, ''workbench''. that is fucken gold

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Monday, 9 Sep 2013 at 6:39pm

Most so called visco-flex or memory foam matts are just 125mm of cheap standard foam with a 40mm layer of visco on the top surface and don't really offer enough support for my money and can be hot in summer.I prefer a firm inner spring standard mattress with a seperate covered 40mm visco overlay held in place with a fitted mattress protector.The memory foam feels quite firm when you first lay on it but then you realize there is no pressure on your elbows and feet etc.as it conforms to your body.Be wary of luxurious one sided pillow tops which can form body depressions within a few months.My memory foam overlay and pillow are about 8 years old and are still like new,its good stuff although many people prefer pincore latex as it is more ventilated..The ultimate would be pocket spring(less partner disturbance)with visco both sides and stretch knit quilted cover.Cheers.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Friday, 10 Jul 2015 at 10:29pm

Old-dog, do you work at "Matresses R Us" good information there old-dog, much appreciated.

Been looking at beds for a while now, but fuck they are expensive, i suppose it is important though, most people waste 1/3 of their life in the damn things.
Been buying the old "futon" for awhile now, buy a new one every 2 years and put it in the full sun once a week. Im a bit like shaun and zenagain, tossnanturnin, least I dont wake me girl, unless?............

ird's picture
ird's picture
ird Thursday, 12 Sep 2013 at 6:46pm

I got an Ergoflex about a year ago, reasonably happy with it. No body indentations in it, and I sleep ok on it. It hasn't magically cured back problems (as some claim their mattresses do) and I've slept as well or better on some other mattresses I've been on, but for the money its pretty good I think, better than a lot of spring mattresses I've been on. I had no probs with it being too hot over summer - in Sydney. Got it on one of the half price deals which they have regularly ~$800 I think. Service was good, you can ring up and talk to the owner.

The few negative reviews on websites seemed to be that it was too firm - at first I thought that was silly, but compared with other things it is on the firmer side, which is not necessarily a bad thing - its not a 'workbench' though!

Not sure if its really 'memory foam', think its more a reasonable quality foam mattress. It feels quite different to Tempur. For example, if you push your hand into it it springs straight back unlike the Tempur. I don't think you can tell that much how you'll sleep on something from 10 mins or so on a shop mattress, so it all seems a bit of a gamble in that regard. I think Old-dog's on the money, a good overlay on a good pocket spring mattress would be a nice set up, not cheap though.

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Saturday, 11 Jul 2015 at 12:25am

Approved by Tina lovely & the foam mattress .

mezzie's picture
mezzie's picture
mezzie Friday, 5 Feb 2016 at 5:29pm

Hi,
I am here after deep search on Google, Its an old post but hope so some one will response me. I am asking from zenagain that may i got this mattress from Australia, I am looking it online with quilt covers, Will the US site ship to Melbourne?

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 5 Feb 2016 at 5:58pm

Sorry Mezzie, can't help you there mate. We bought our memory foam mattress at a department store here in Japan.

Good luck on your quest for a good nights sleep.

nancyjoshua's picture
nancyjoshua's picture
nancyjoshua Friday, 29 Jan 2021 at 4:35pm

I bought it last week memory foam mattress for my 2-year-old daughter, through Idle Sleep coupons, because I separate her room, and I complete made her room with full of pink colors.

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Friday, 29 Jan 2021 at 7:52pm

Rippa, thanks idle sleep coupons! Sounds like you’ve got a great side hustle in interior design. Keep up the good work.

How’s the surf in your neck of the woods?? What did you think of that Curren vid?