Ultimate AMP music

barley's picture
barley started the topic in Saturday, 7 Sep 2013 at 1:40am

If I'm on a dawne travel mission..then hard techno..to keep me amped and awake..but if I'm mid morning then fast punk rock or Metallica!!what else ya got??

keegs's picture
keegs's picture
keegs Saturday, 7 Sep 2013 at 7:25am

Haha i run a very similar setup.

At the moment the drive starts with invaders must die - prodigy album and finish with some older rise against to get me fired up.

therealneil's picture
therealneil's picture
therealneil Saturday, 7 Sep 2013 at 7:25am

Me and a mate were on a sft (sparrows fart tour) a while ago and he wanted something loud so i dug up an old turbo negro cd and blasted it, that did the trick, loud with a touch of humour

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 7 Sep 2013 at 7:56am

Kyuss!

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Saturday, 7 Sep 2013 at 8:42am

The Mars Volta usually does a good job for me. Or The Bronx.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 7 Sep 2013 at 8:53am

Jeez I must be getting old:- Deep Purple 'Highway Star' or ZZ Top 'La Grange'.

Used to listen to a bit of Rage Against the Machine, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Celibate Rifles et al.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Saturday, 7 Sep 2013 at 9:17am

Always have time for Metallica's To live is to die, diers eve and almost everything on justice and a few other albums, orion, not really psych up but love it.

DEATH FROM ABOVE 1979 little girl, good pump up for sure.

Sepultura arise, if in the right mood, and schizo good albums, before metal got too into shit voices and cookie monster shit music.

Slayer a few tracks

S.O.D. Has a few tracks that are alright.

NOFX a few tracks too many similar bands to mention.

Like driving down the coast late at night through the bush with goa or psy trance going. It seems so spiritual and earthly or something.

Good classical or remixes of classical like adagio for strings.

solar stone -seven cities, Gouryella Gouryella all uplifting tunes not really psych but good for a drive or chilling out.

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Saturday, 7 Sep 2013 at 9:19am

Tool, Soundgarden, Replacements, Saints, At the drivein............

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 7 Sep 2013 at 9:42am

The Pixies, Frank Black solo albums, anything with Jello or Iggy, Grinderman, The White Stripes and those crazy Irish teenagers The Strypes.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Saturday, 7 Sep 2013 at 10:47am

Lou Reed Transformer.

morris's picture
morris's picture
morris Saturday, 7 Sep 2013 at 10:49am

Best of Kylie Minogue.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 9 Sep 2013 at 9:45am

Good call with Turbonegro, Neil. They do the trick. I could list a shitload of bands but when it comes to amp music all roads lead to just three stations: Black Flag, Bad Brains, and Minor Threat.

That said, my youngest jammed a Wiggles CD in the car stereo and it won't come out. 'Hot Potato' gets me all fired up.

dee's picture
dee's picture
dee Monday, 9 Sep 2013 at 10:31am

ramones..cosmis pyschos...bitta johnny cash on way home

therealneil's picture
therealneil's picture
therealneil Monday, 9 Sep 2013 at 11:02am

Cheers stu, another one that really puts steam in my strides is white zombie astrocreep 2000, a timeless classic of an album
Ps thanks for the volcom shizzit and prompt delivery stu ;) cheers

therealneil's picture
therealneil's picture
therealneil Monday, 9 Sep 2013 at 11:11am

Although after this morns skunking Elliott smith summed up my mood pretty well on the drive home

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 9 Sep 2013 at 11:12am

and prompt delivery stu ;) cheers

By: "therealneil"

Smart arse!

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Tuesday, 10 Sep 2013 at 10:08am

Rage against the machine

turner's picture
turner's picture
turner Wednesday, 11 Sep 2013 at 10:03am

Drive Like Jehu's 'Yank Crime' album is hard to go past for me. The nastiest, most wonked-out guitar duellings I've ever come across.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Wednesday, 11 Sep 2013 at 11:07am

Ive been looking for bands in a similar vein to metallica, mainly tracks like "to live is to die and that middle awesome section, or any thrash bands similar. still havent found any, they all seem more steve vai or joe satriani style, you know tweaked out riffs and all, awesome music, just not what im looking for. another suggestion was slip knot. I hate slipknot, exactly what i dont like about newish metal genres.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 11 Sep 2013 at 12:35pm

@ groundswell Cant remember how that Metallica song goes, but some Melvin songs IMO sound a bit metallicaish but in more of a stoner groove, songs like "sweet willly roll bar" and "Revolve" from the "Stoner witch album" but a lot of there stuff is all over the place have some real gems but heaps of crap too.

toneranger's picture
toneranger's picture
toneranger Wednesday, 11 Sep 2013 at 4:57pm

Mark of Cain- Point Man loud as the speakers can bear

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 11 Sep 2013 at 5:08pm

Oh man, now you're talking TR. Only wish they'd recorded that track with John Stanier. Definitely the highlight of Ill At Ease though (and their live shows).

benski's picture
benski's picture
benski Wednesday, 11 Sep 2013 at 10:31pm

Shit I must be bloody ancient. I like silence to accompany a coffee and a banana in the car on a long drive for an early mission. Then later, maybe something chilled. I just can't hit my head with anything loud at that time of day.

Having said that, I'm sitting here workin at 10:30pm with some trance mix off youtube banging away on my headphones. Metallica (lightning and puppets) sets me up for a long night of work too. But for an early be it the 5 mins to my local or a long drive for a mission, i need peace and quiet before I paddle out.

billroy's picture
billroy's picture
billroy Thursday, 12 Sep 2013 at 8:50am

municipal waste, thee oh sees, earthless, sabbath.

lachlan-82's picture
lachlan-82's picture
lachlan-82 Thursday, 12 Sep 2013 at 9:44am

Nice choice of Municipal Waste, they were great live a couple of months ago.

I'll add the following.

Paint it Black
Propagandhi

toneranger's picture
toneranger's picture
toneranger Friday, 13 Sep 2013 at 4:20pm

yeah thermalben seen it done live at fowlers on the hottest night in adelaide ever.henry rollins said he should have written that song.not a bad endorsement.

estuspirkle's picture
estuspirkle's picture
estuspirkle Friday, 13 Sep 2013 at 5:06pm

Yes, amp muzak...depends what surf conditions you're confronting? The main break in my area, like myself, has many moods. Sometimes some EXTREME NOISE TERROR is warranted, sometimes SPIKE JONES & HIS CITY SLICKERS...sometimes Mahler's KINDERTOTENLIEDER (when the groms are swarming), sometimes ¡THREE LOCO! (when the city-types are out in force).

As Sir John Denver once sang: "Some days are diamonds, some days are stones/Sometimes the hard times won't leave me alone/Sometimes a cold wind blows a chill in my bones/Some days are diamonds, some days are stones" (incidently a great amp song for those rare onshore days round these parts).

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 13 Sep 2013 at 5:48pm

Cool to see quite a lot of more obscure stuff posted, always keen to check out new bands even if its only by google.

Good calls on, At the drive in, Celibate riffles, white stripes, Cosmic psychos, and The Ramones, Minor threat, The pixies, some of my fav bands there.

Also dig, Tumbleweed, The meanies, Exploding white mice, Queens of the stone age (first3 albums), early Superchunk

trippergreenfeet's picture
trippergreenfeet's picture
trippergreenfeet Sunday, 15 Sep 2013 at 3:29pm

G'day guys, 1st post on the forum. Amping music, where to begin? A good chunk of what's been already listed, and then a whole lot more.

Here's some of my other faves in no particular order.
Radio Birdman
Sublime
Nirvana
LCD Soundsystem
Fat Freddys Drop
Bad Religion
Bargain Music
Body Count
Suicidal Tendencies
Screaming Trees
Soundgarden
Stick Figure
The Black Keys
Fillibuster
Fear Nuttin Band
The Roots
Now On

That'll do, my list could keep on keeping on for far too long.

dee's picture
dee's picture
dee Sunday, 15 Sep 2013 at 8:05pm

like it indo might throw the buzzcocks.the dammed.mc5.moterhead..hardons and early saints in mix

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 23 Sep 2013 at 7:06pm

Some good picks there Fitzroy

Which Magic dirt album?

I really dug there first two EP,s and first two LPs especially "friends in danger" there third Album was passable but then there albums after that IMO are absolutely terrible.

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Tuesday, 24 Sep 2013 at 10:02am

@ ID, "Life was better"

Don't mind some songs off other CD's and will be interested to see how Adalita goes with her solo ventures.