Will the 'Bring Back the Biff' thread ever die?

salt's picture
salt started the topic in Friday, 21 Jun 2013 at 9:17am

Stu, Ben, Craig, what is the longest thread in the short history of SN? West Island Left? Penong localisim? Any Smucko Thread? Bring Back the Biff? The big ones I remember seem to be related to the WC SA. Bring Back the Biff over the 400 or so comments till now has morphed from one subject to another, feeding on itself, subject matter moving from the topic of the article to something totally different before someone sane brings it back again. At times it has been fucking funny, fucking frustrating and down right fucking stupid. It's been a laugh. Whats the next topic to get the mentals out of the water and on the keyboards or phone? Bring it on, just leave the 'Big Blonde Guy' out of it, give him a break he has been copping a fair bit of late.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 21 Jun 2013 at 9:30am

Hey Salt,

We had one story that cracked 500 comments. I think it was one of the Billabong stories not long after the company started taking water. There was also a story, actually just a press release, that got right up there too. The press release included the name 'Jeff Rowley'. The less said about that one the better...

In the forums the 'West Island Left' thread just kept on giving, as did a few threads that Smucko and his aliases kept alive. I thought they were pretty funny, at least till the nasty stuff arrived.

It's kinda hard for Ben and I to keep track of every single comment so if anyone reads anything they think has crossed the line please email me at: [email protected]

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Friday, 21 Jun 2013 at 9:51am

I think South Oz to a lot of East Coasters is quite a foreign surfing experience and naturally any story or conversation on the area tweaks interest.

A lot of people over here that I've talked to have never been to South Oz and will never go due to the sharks/cold/locals but are still naturally interested in the area.

I guess the West Coast of Vicco is quite similar in respects with similar attention to certain conversations about the unknown.

salt's picture
salt's picture
salt Friday, 21 Jun 2013 at 10:01am

Guys, when the new site is up and running, will the articles/comments be easier to negotiate? For instance, at the moment it takes a while for the page to load with the comments, then you have to scroll down the to find where you last left off. On threads like BBTB it can take a while. I suppose its better than the old days when we were all on dial up, it would take half an hour to connect to the net, load a page etc etc etc, still its better than loading the cheat version of '1942' on my commodore 64 via cassette tape, those were the days.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Friday, 21 Jun 2013 at 10:07am

Yep, should be much easier Salt :)