Drift competition

anchorman's picture
anchorman started the topic in Wednesday, 1 May 2013 at 10:09am

Any results from the surfboard giveaway?

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 1 May 2013 at 10:23am

We're still tallying up and contacting the winners. It turns out it's a much bigger job than we estimated (as we have to choose a winner - all fifty of 'em - then manually look into the database to get their email address, then send them an email, then wait for a response, and hope it has all of the requested info, then send them the tickets etc).

All of that has to be done in and around our normal work. So unfortunately it's a little slower to finish off than we were hoping. Next time we'll try and automate a lot of this to reduce the man hours.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 1 May 2013 at 10:25am

BTW, the surfboard winner was Peter Lewis of Mooloolaba. We announced it via Facebook on Friday afternoon.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151574738994929&set=pb.20293605...

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Wednesday, 1 May 2013 at 11:43pm

Without revealing Peter's Swellnet handle . Can you reveal the winning name of His idea for the perfect name of a Surf Brand !?

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 2 May 2013 at 6:59am

Check the bottom of the comp page (before the comments) here: http://www.swellnet.com.au/news/3552-drift-surfboard-giveaway

rushy's picture
rushy's picture
rushy Thursday, 2 May 2013 at 7:55am

I can't believe you didn't win, @Zenagain!
Top marks for effort though. Bonus points for keeping me laughing.

dahippster's picture
dahippster's picture
dahippster Thursday, 2 May 2013 at 4:29pm

Is there a list of the 50 winners of the DRIFT tickets somewhere?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 2 May 2013 at 7:13pm

No, not online at least. I'm going the through the task of contacting and posting winners. About halfway through it.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 2 May 2013 at 8:15pm

But I did win Rushy. If I gave you a laugh then I'm well in front.

I had a lot of fun, that sort of stuff is right up my alley.

(Whoops, should have saved that for the 'girl named Anal' thread. ha ha!!

zsurfnut's picture
zsurfnut's picture
zsurfnut Friday, 3 May 2013 at 6:18pm

Hey Stu , you're no doubt been trying to contact me to give me some of those free tik's, but I've been busy man , it's been pumping down here , anyway ,it went onshore yesterday so I said to the missus ..fuck stu , lets just go and see the flick anyway . Best 40 bucks I've spent in awhile and it beats handsdown reading your crap everyday.
I know my brand name was " kool " but I donate my tiks anyway to one of those poor eastcoasters, cause , checking the forecasts...they have nothing better to do .