Fuck it's hot!

stunet's picture
stunet started the topic in Friday, 18 Jan 2013 at 2:16pm

All day I've been reading people on Facebook saying how hot is here in Sydney. People who state the obvious on Facebook really give me the shits. People who do the same on surfing websites, well, that's totally acceptable.

So anyway...fuck it's hot! 45. 1 degrees at Observatory Hill and that's just 0.1 degree from the all time, greatest ever, never-been-hotter, temperature for Sydney.

And as another point of interest I surfed with Craig our surf forecaster this morning and he wore a friggen steamer in the surf!

But back to the topic at hand: fuck it's hot!

mick-free's picture
mick-free's picture
mick-free Friday, 18 Jan 2013 at 2:33pm

Short arm steamer but still there were kids out in fulls. The one I don't get is the Short leg long arm with booties and typically a hat and bright coloured mal

mick-free's picture
mick-free's picture
mick-free Friday, 18 Jan 2013 at 2:36pm

Also checked seabreeze - its blowing a perfect NW at the airport and NE at Manly go figure

victor's picture
victor's picture
victor Friday, 18 Jan 2013 at 2:37pm

thats hot....i think the boys at penong have been getting those temps day after day.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 18 Jan 2013 at 2:42pm

Just hit 45.3 degrees so it's equal with Sydney's hottest day ever. If it goes one better and gets the record I'll surf Manly nude this arvo.

derra83's picture
derra83's picture
derra83 Friday, 18 Jan 2013 at 2:50pm

Any excuse hey? It's a chilly 25 here in Pt Lincoln. Had to put a flanno on.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Friday, 18 Jan 2013 at 3:04pm

Well it's just hit 46.7, breaking a 154 year record.

Everyone down to North Steyne this evening for Stu's nude surf!

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 18 Jan 2013 at 3:08pm

If you're wondering what I look like...

Check me out!

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Friday, 18 Jan 2013 at 4:29pm

Sorry about being serious but spare a thought for the elderly and others who can't escape the heat. Interesting statistics are emerging about the numbers serious health events including deaths that occur due heat related stress.

Just don't try to convince climate change deniers its about man made pollution. Breaking a 154 year old temperature record is within normal standard deviations isn't ah Nick Minchin?

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Friday, 18 Jan 2013 at 4:35pm

A bloke at our local beach wears a similar loincloth except his is fluro yellow so no-one will miss him while he prances down the beach. At least you have the good manners Stu to sun yourself in a semi private place.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Saturday, 19 Jan 2013 at 7:28am

Last night's southerly was like a shower of unicorn tears. How was the swim Stu?

mick-free's picture
mick-free's picture
mick-free Saturday, 19 Jan 2013 at 10:51am

I saw a nude briefly at Shelley beach was that you Stu?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 19 Jan 2013 at 3:16pm

Anyone know a good lawyer?

whaaaat's picture
whaaaat's picture
whaaaat Saturday, 19 Jan 2013 at 3:24pm

Never met one I'd call 'good'.

Lionel Hutz, mebbe.

victor's picture
victor's picture
victor Saturday, 19 Jan 2013 at 4:16pm

here's 2.....australian surfers lawers assoc. mark higgins ,peter strain, and a heap more on their website. ever need a top class barrister contact these chaps -garfied barwick chambers- whaaat you should become a member and join the team on there yearly telos islands trip.......wild times.

rushy's picture
rushy's picture
rushy Saturday, 19 Jan 2013 at 4:30pm

What's the difference between a lawyer and a sewer rat?

There are some things a sewer rat won't do.

;)

whaaaat's picture
whaaaat's picture
whaaaat Saturday, 19 Jan 2013 at 4:45pm

@ Victor - Join? Then I'd have to play nicely.

@ Rushy - Letter from Mr Hutz in the mail.

@ Stu - Have photos, send money.

@ Ben - Unicorn tears? See recent article on drugs.

z-man's picture
z-man's picture
z-man Saturday, 19 Jan 2013 at 10:58pm

I would think it profitable to sell hats that have a built in umbrella (battery operated fan under the umbrella would double the price) on top would be a hot ticket item at the beach?

no photos?

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Saturday, 19 Jan 2013 at 11:43pm

I was wondering if surfing nude on the northern beaches of Sydney would get you arrested Stu! Maybe you could of compromised and surfed in a flesh coloured mankini?

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Sunday, 20 Jan 2013 at 1:41am

Gidday, this guy is a deluxe lawyer.

http://mitchellchambers.com.au/all-barristers/retalic-bill/

http://www.yellowpages.com.au/sa/adelaide/retalic-william-r-12687693-lis...

About 35 years ago he got me out of a really bad situation where I was set up by some crooked police and had drugs planted in my car, when they stopped me while driving. To cut a long story short, he saw I was doomed and found guilty, without the money or means to defend myself. He helped me for pretty much nothing because he was sure that I was telling the truth and that the 2 police officers were lying. In an appeal, it was overturned, my conviction was cleared, I had all costs payed, plus received money for damages.

Later he followed up, and made sure that I received my money.

Just for the record, I don't think all police are corrupt, but some people are.

Anyway, he was extremely good, and a really honest, nice guy.

sword77's picture
sword77's picture
sword77 Thursday, 21 Feb 2013 at 3:34am

Really it's too hot to bear for a lot guy,s out there, specially for the elder ones. As they are most likely to effect their health in that much hot climate. So, everyone need to be safe and keep some precautionary measures to tackle such climate.

Fairways Supported Living
182-184 Hursley Road Toowoomba QLD 4350 Australia
Phone : +61 1300 765 051
http://www.fairwayssupportedliving.com.au/
Providing community aged care supported living housing in Toowoomba, the Glenvale Villas are the perfect option for your loved ones, if they need a little extra help with daily living.

anna-t's picture
anna-t's picture
anna-t Thursday, 21 Feb 2013 at 9:08am

Yeah...saw an older guy out there today...looked like he had heat stroke...so everyone be careful!

singkenken's picture
singkenken's picture
singkenken Thursday, 21 Feb 2013 at 12:38pm

The purpose of the springsuit combined with booties for summer (no bucket hat / stupid coloured mal)is to enjoy viccos' lovely warm water & sunshine, without cutting your feet on the reef / getting to the jump-off rock before your 'rock dancing' m8s (more waves). Did get the comment last week though - "Hes' left 'is F*cken socks on today!!!'. No style maybe, but give me pure practicality anyday. BTW - anyone who needs anything like a steamer in Sydneys' climate is a full sook, you simply don't need that much rubber.

dellabeach's picture
dellabeach's picture
dellabeach Friday, 22 Feb 2013 at 9:21am

Whichever side of the fence you sit on in regard to "man-caused climate change",have a look at these latest results,check them for yourself,and create your own opinion.

evo62's picture
evo62's picture
evo62 Saturday, 23 Feb 2013 at 7:51am

I asked a old guy (68 ) why he was wearing a steamer when everyone was in boardies and he said it was for sun protection. He also reckoned it gave a bit of extra padding, when you get older your skin bruises/lacerates easily and the cuts take forever to heal and end up ulcerating if you keep in the water.

Juts having had a round with the surgeon for Actinic Keratosis I can see their point. I'm pretty careful in the sun, for the last 10 years or so only surfed in the predawn to maybe 2-hrs after sun up, or just on dusk and always cover up - long sleeve rashie, wear suncream - no hat yet. But the damage was done the previous 25 years. If the choice is wear a hat/steamer and keep surfing, or look cool and develope SCC the choice is easy.