Fishing

shack_attack's picture
shack_attack started the topic in Monday, 24 Dec 2012 at 11:02am

Any surfers/fisho's on here? Wheres the spots to go/baits to use in South Aus

maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley Monday, 24 Dec 2012 at 12:07pm

If you are going to Yorkes then Browns beach is pretty good for salmon - pilchards seem to do the trick. Whiting from the beaches on the Pines, Hardwick bay side of Yorkes. If heading further west try Locks Well - possibly the best salmon beach in SA. Can't really go wrong at any beach once you get out of Adelaide and head west - plenty of fish due to not many people. Squid, Cockles and Pilly's are the go. Squid off just about any jetty at Yorkes or the West coast (streaky, elliston, ceduna). Whiting, Tommys etc off the beaches. Head further west past ceduna to fowlers bay for just about everything and beyond that to the dog fence for some big mulloway.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 24 Dec 2012 at 1:03pm

Love my fishing almost as much as surfing.

And im jealous of the king george whiting you guys get over there in SA, in Vicco its very very rare to get one to hit the 1kg mark, but the average ones in SA can only be described as elbow slappers.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Monday, 24 Dec 2012 at 2:09pm

Coffin Bay National Park is killer for big King George Whiting! Was camping/surfing out there earlier this year and decided to throw in a line. First I tried squid as bait and the little fuckers wouldn't even take a sniff. As soon as I put a cockle on they started biting. Big ones too. 50cm plus! Wrapped them in alfoil with sliced lemon and cooked them on the coals of the campfire:)

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Monday, 24 Dec 2012 at 3:14pm

Would love to get some of those KG whiting and massive mulloway.

Got this 16kilo fish off the stones on 20lb braid, no gaff.

shack_attack's picture
shack_attack's picture
shack_attack Monday, 24 Dec 2012 at 9:38pm

Good work lads, went fishing off the beach at sheringa once, Huge salmon hookups nearly every cast, Was amazing. Always something on offer down at rapid bay/ wirinna to