Eddie "predator" Blackwell stories

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot started the topic in Monday, 9 Jun 2014 at 3:13pm

Give us ya best about this interesting fella

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Wednesday, 15 Jun 2022 at 6:51pm

He may be a true charger but i dont think he's a style master in anyone's books...still good to watch but doesn't seem like the type i'd like to hang out with...so many loose units in Indo that somehow come across enough money to travel for eight months a year while still paying rent at home etc.
Im jealous.

Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams Wednesday, 15 Jun 2022 at 7:12pm

I meant the dp shot and this quote cracked me up from ground swell. So true in todays world.

seventy two virgins will never stop a war but a hundred thousand hookers will beat the marine corp

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Wednesday, 15 Jun 2022 at 7:46pm
Robwilliams wrote:

Crew are quite happy to poke the bear until it all goes pear shaped, see it all the time. Some crew just don't get it. Don't know eddie, and not making excuses for him but if your going to play with fire in some instance you will get burn't. Allot of people play the victim after fucking up. Alcohol, ego and stupidly in the real world. The real world isn't the school yard, generally you get what you give. People make mistakes and some are piss takes. Basic respect shouldn't be tested especially with bears, you never know what you are going to get. The world needs the odd bear to keep humanity in check. just don't poke em and you'll be good. Nice woftd and gland shot. charge on. Honey's still honey.

Some one care to translate this for me?!?

Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams Wednesday, 15 Jun 2022 at 8:20pm

Heavies are heavies, life's full of them, work accordingly. simple. Many people play victim after they antagonise or carry on with poor behaviour. Lifes full of them whether they should, or could is another thing. Your not going to talk shit around or at a local nutter are you especially if you know serious consequences are a possibility. Surf related or not. Harm prevention one o one. Antagonising certain individuals of the world puts you in a precarious position. I don't always agree with it but you got to know when to fold em and when to hold em. Any rough pub or macho scene in the world has one. Used to be a far more common sight Australia wide. I don't mind the odd bear they keep some order. I just try and be around them in good light and never wake them.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Wednesday, 15 Jun 2022 at 8:13pm

Gotcha

Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams Wednesday, 15 Jun 2022 at 9:30pm

I am interested in sports psychology in relation to performance. Through learning and exploring branches from this I have seen that a large part of psychology is formed from group and environment traits some what. It is interesting looking at oneself and society in general.

Big wave psychology is an extension of the sports performance being applied and can be related to any individual. Group dynamics individual traits etc is and has been extensively studied in relation to all thing human. It often goes untapped and has many applications throughout society.

Big wave riders seem to harness this psychologically speaking. This makes their whole approach even more fascinating. Kelly slaters mind in often scrutinised by his competitors. Their are many examples but standout athletes tap into it. Pretty crazy. Pretty human. The mind is a powerful muscle. Both with positive a negative vibes. Harnessing those can can lead to excelled performance for most. The art of mind control being applied wether conscious of it or not. Love seeing people tap it and get in the zone surfing or not. An aplication of basic human psyc to the individual. Powerful stuff. Go psyc.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Wednesday, 15 Jun 2022 at 9:41pm

I love learning about and getting into flow state and getting in the zone. Doesn't happen that often anymore though, even in computer games which are designed to target flow state of mind.

Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams Wednesday, 15 Jun 2022 at 10:29pm

Groundswell. Between what you express on swellnet of yourself and your bro. I think you would have enough stories to create something of interest from your side of the fence. You always have a classic story regarding Australian surfing from your experiences. Your writings could be Tales of a surfing life by groundswell. Don't let life pigeon hole you. Keep barking. Not everyone's a character or has a tale.

I also I understand finding the flow can be hard. And some what harder to find when some people really go looking for it. It's not always present or possible to find when needed. But when it is the individual shines. That's half the fun.

Psyc however you wish if you wish. Find the zone where and when it presents. Spiritually and physically. Psyc on
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_psychology

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Thursday, 16 Jun 2022 at 6:06am
Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams Thursday, 16 Jun 2022 at 10:43am

epic tube shooter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear
Aggression an't always bad as people make out. It's what you choose to do with it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight-or-flight_response
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aggression
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_brain

Relative to all humans

mind control or positive thinking and practice. Surfing or life related, ties in with sports psychology and performance.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindfulness

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 16 Jun 2022 at 1:00pm

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Friday, 17 Jun 2022 at 1:15am
Robwilliams wrote:

Groundswell. Between what you express on swellnet of yourself and your bro. I think you would have enough stories to create something of interest from your side of the fence. You always have a classic story regarding Australian surfing from your experiences. Your writings could be Tales of a surfing life by groundswell. Don't let life pigeon hole you. Keep barking. Not everyone's a character or has a tale.

I also I understand finding the flow can be hard. And some what harder to find when some people really go looking for it. It's not always present or possible to find when needed. But when it is the individual shines. That's half the fun.

Psyc however you wish if you wish. Find the zone where and when it presents. Spiritually and physically. Psyc on
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_psychology

Thanks Rob for the kind words but if i was honest about all my stories some people would get locked up and i would sound like a tosser as some things that have happened just seem too unreal.
Also a lot of my old mates work in the mines now and i wouldn't be able to tell the stories without them losing their careers.
Also im not much of a long book writer, i like posting here because its short posts/stories pretty much.

Camel on the other hand needs to write a book. Wouldn't that be something?

Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams Friday, 17 Jun 2022 at 11:02am

indeed
Psyc on Rise above

Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams Friday, 17 Jun 2022 at 11:24am

Start feeding off positive people. You are more fortunate than most to live where you do. Many would do anything to have that or the life you have experienced.

Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams Friday, 17 Jun 2022 at 11:34am

Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams Saturday, 18 Jun 2022 at 8:20am

Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams Saturday, 18 Jun 2022 at 8:20am

mental

harrycoopr's picture
harrycoopr's picture
harrycoopr Saturday, 18 Jun 2022 at 9:01am

Put the pipe down RobWilliams

Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams Saturday, 18 Jun 2022 at 9:42am

ha ha i'm psyching never tweaking harry;) but many need too (I'm not really a fan of speed freaks or bumbling junkies). Undo's vid should get you going. Hoping ground swell had a look if you have a look above. Hope your finding a smidge of motivation or positivity . If not have a cup of tea and stay stoked.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Monday, 20 Jun 2022 at 8:59am

I liked the wingsuit base jump and the dives but the music wasn't my style really. Thanks anyway.
Found some motivation and positivity, surf should be good tosmorning six to eight foot swell and good winds maybe... got the day off too.

Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams Monday, 20 Jun 2022 at 9:45am

Enjoy

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Monday, 20 Jun 2022 at 10:39am

nah winds North again ..... (edited)

Greenfrog's picture
Greenfrog's picture
Greenfrog Monday, 20 Jun 2022 at 2:47pm

Hey Groundswell could you shut the fuck up about the breaks around here. You’ve managed to mention most of them over time when there is absolutely no need and then say your glad there are no cameras. We don’t need them we have you. Your just a blowin so how about a bit of respect

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Monday, 20 Jun 2022 at 3:07pm

Yeah sorry mate...since ive been prescribed valium i tend to have loose lips sometimes...if anyone like Stunet or Craig sees this could you edit my post?

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Monday, 20 Jun 2022 at 3:14pm

Hey Groundy you should really make that POF profile and any references to it disappear esp the Hobbies mentioned

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Monday, 20 Jun 2022 at 3:32pm

I dont understand Udo, the only Plenty of fish profile i had was a homeless alcoholic guy with a pisstake interests of metho, bongs, turps, get rich quick schemes, robbing banks and shooting at cops.
Maybe someone has started one with my photo?

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Monday, 20 Jun 2022 at 6:15pm
Greenfrog wrote:

Hey Groundswell could you shut the fuck up about the breaks around here. You’ve managed to mention most of them over time when there is absolutely no need and then say your glad there are no cameras. We don’t need them we have you. Your just a blowin so how about a bit of respect

Greenfrog. Good call. We have a couple of clowns over here in the east who love to try and fool us about a particular surf break on a particular island not far from the mainland, using childish pseudonyms to cover the name, they think you are stupid. Yes, you know who you are SA & SD.

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Monday, 20 Jun 2022 at 7:17pm
groundswell wrote:

I dont understand Udo, the only Plenty of fish profile i had was a homeless alcoholic guy with a pisstake interests of metho, bongs, turps, get rich quick schemes, robbing banks and shooting at cops.
Maybe someone has started one with my photo?

I like you more each day GS.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Monday, 20 Jun 2022 at 7:26pm

+1, great post.

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Monday, 20 Jun 2022 at 7:59pm

+2 definitely one the most colourful characters on here.

silentp's picture
silentp's picture
silentp Monday, 20 Jun 2022 at 10:22pm

+ also, love your work groundswell

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Sunday, 2 Apr 2023 at 6:22pm
stunet wrote:

I'm sharing a bit of office space down in Thirroul these days and one of the fellas in there was telling me about watching Eddie at G'land during a big swell. My mate had a few younger, but very capable, fellas with him and they were all wide eyed watching G'land in full flight. Then Eddie, a fella they'd seen around the local beaches, just tore it apart. Best part of the story was that, at one point, Eddie was paddling back out and deliberately threw himself over the falls on a 10 footer. No chance of making it, didn't even try to, just overdosing on adreanlin and needed to feel the ocean's might.

How's the double up attempt in the second vid?

That double up he has a crack at is next level mental. Nearly made it too!!

Clam's picture
Clam's picture
Clam Monday, 3 Apr 2023 at 8:49am

Heard from Eddie last month, we spoke first time for ages , a bit about getting some waves together around where I live, (instead of indo for once.) a few years out of the surf,
He was on a weight loss plan...
it was great to hear from the Pred, hope he does come visit this winter , ps yeah visitors welcome at my place , anyone else ?

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Monday, 3 Apr 2023 at 9:27am

Caml would Eddie be up for an interview ........with you ?
Would be Cool i reckon.. 'The Caml Angle' I think you would ask some interesting Questions and Ed would give some Good Answers Post it up on Swellnet